Thread: merchants and chiefing

Default merchants and chiefing

Hi folks

If you are being cheifed and you send resources out with your merchants to you other villages will the resources still be delivered even if you lose the village before they are due to arrive?

what if you put it on a 2x loop will it go back and get more or will it just disappear once the village is no longer part of you empire?

Thanks in advance.

you can put it on x3 if you have gold club and it will still deliver the res as long as there is enough or it will just deliver what it can

Quote Originally Posted by Zan View Post
    you can put it on x3 if you have gold club and it will still deliver the res as long as there is enough or it will just deliver what it can
    Your just stating what he has already said

My guess is that once the village is chiefed, no more merchants will move. So if you set it to x3 and they manage just one trip and then the chief happens then that's it.

I am not certain that is fact though, but thinking logically if you have a trade office and it is at a high level you could empty the village while it is someone else's and all they could do is watch the res drain away, although saying that it could liven up the raiding
    My Alter ego is red...

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix888 View Post
    Your just stating what he has already said

My guess is that once the village is chiefed, no more merchants will move. So if you set it to x3 and they manage just one trip and then the chief happens then that's it.

I am not certain that is fact though, but thinking logically if you have a trade office and it is at a high level you could empty the village while it is someone else's and all they could do is watch the res drain away, although saying that it could liven up the raiding
    if you set the merchants moving before the village is chiefed, they will carry on delivering after the chiefing so the only thing the chiefer can do is use up the resourses so there is nothing to move. if there is 1 resourse left , it will still get delivered. Hope that clears it up

Right it does, so despite the chief the chief the merchants will continue to move unless the res is all gone.

Thanks it does
    My Alter ego is red...

Spammer-in-chief Prolific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul Member Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar

If the old and new owner are of different tribes, which speed do the merchants go at (assuming the merchants are on the second run after returning from the first after the village is chiefed)?
    Join WvV Round 17:  Students versus Teachers!
    Read the colour of the words (not the words). Blue Red Orange Green Black Red Red Gray Purple Blue
    Count! - Steal a hill! - Do stuff! - Eat!

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix888 View Post
    Right it does, so despite the chief the chief the merchants will continue to move unless the res is all gone.

Thanks it does
    Most annoying part, is when you've transferred resources in there to build the village back up after you've chiefed it, and their merchants are on a x3 and steal them all
    I need help, not ridicule!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    If the old and new owner are of different tribes, which speed do the merchants go at (assuming the merchants are on the second run after returning from the first after the village is chiefed)?
    ..and what if you've got gold club and set up trade routes - do the merchants keep going for 7 days?

They do unless you cancel the trade route, i dont use trade routes myself, so was wondering why the merchants were delivering res to the person i took the village from a whole day after, thought it must have been my error until it happened again the next day

Self-professed Genius SummerMcLovin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    I was just talking about that yesterday, I believe it would simply be the pre-chiefing merchants unless the coders have actually programmed it to change. If it did change to the new tribe, they would only be able to carry a proportion of the resources if it was going down to Romans or Gauls; or use less merchants if going up to Gauls or Teutons.
    I don't really have any experience of chiefings so wouldn't know exactly what happens.

Any opinions expressed on this forum are my own, as my position does not force me to say anything.
    If I didn't support the crew before, I wouldn't have joined them to support you and the domain.
    After going through my own posts, I see the only award I got runner-up for (Newcomer) doesn't even apply to me...