Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lord Norchard's FAQ

Warning - irritant!

Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member Purplejelly86's Avatar

Well my skypes on the left i believe, add me on there

wait a sec 6-8 weeks for a server to restart after endgame does that mean when the server is over or including endgame ( day hundred)

Spammer-in-chief Prolific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul Member Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sheep man View Post
    wait a sec 6-8 weeks for a server to restart after endgame does that mean when the server is over or including endgame ( day hundred)
    It's day 300, and only approximately, that endgame begins
    Join WvV Round 17:  Students versus Teachers!
    Read the colour of the words (not the words). Blue Red Orange Green Black Red Red Gray Purple Blue
    Count! - Steal a hill! - Do stuff! - Eat!

Warning - irritant!

Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member Purplejelly86's Avatar

Have you forgotten about the server shortening MK

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisvc View Post

All servers that already have artefacts will get WW's after a total running time of 280 days instead of 300 before.

All other servers will get artefacts after 130 days (instead of 150) and WW's after 260 days (instead of 300)

Spammer-in-chief Prolific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul Member Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amalgon View Post
    Have you forgotten about the server shortening MK
    Yes
    Join WvV Round 17:  Students versus Teachers!
    Read the colour of the words (not the words). Blue Red Orange Green Black Red Red Gray Purple Blue
    Count! - Steal a hill! - Do stuff! - Eat!

Hi there, I'd like to ask a question if I may.
    You mention Crop-Locking and I have read about Farming. Is there anything that can be done about it?

Someone is relentlessly attacking my son, who has been playing for about 2 weeks now. He has got to the point where he cannot revive his hero or do much at all. This person continues to attack anyway, at least twice a day.
    My son is getting rather upset about it, as he just wants to have the chance to play and progress in the game.
    He sent a message to the person politely asking him to stop attacking so he could recover, but the person sent a message back telling him to shove off and delete his account.

Any suggestions?

Go to the hero screen and tick the little box so he avoids attacks (it's in the dropdown in the attributes section). That'll save the constant need to revive. Next, cranny up. Build as many crannies as you need to cover your resources. When you're not bleeding resources you're not really a farm anymore! The attacker might keep coming but they won't gain anything from it. You can either try to build up, join an alliance and get defence or get enough resources to get a residence lv10, settlers and move away.

Croplocking is a pain in the bum. If you're not a gold user it's a slow path back to getting up and running.

Thanks Carrothead, I'll pass your advice on to my son.
    I really don't want him to get disheartened, give up and end up deleting his account because of this.

I think the majority of players here have felt like that at some point. If nothing gets better try to encourage him to start another new server, he'll get the hang of it.

Ideally; be gaul, don't let the attacker take any resources at all and avoid building troops if you don't have gold club (for evasion).

Thankfully he hasn't given up just yet and has taken your advice on board.
    We are both Gaul, so it looks like we made a good choice there. I think he chose a military route which is why he built troops, but I think he's decided (after your earlier advice) that building them is a bit of a waste of time and resources at the moment.
    I was sending him reinforcements and resources, but I've stopped since reading that I could get in trouble if I send him too much (something which I wasn't previously aware of).
    Thank you again for your continued help and advice.

Cloud Strife

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member septimus ii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stitsophrenic View Post
    Thankfully he hasn't given up just yet and has taken your advice on board.
    We are both Gaul, so it looks like we made a good choice there. I think he chose a military route which is why he built troops, but I think he's decided (after your earlier advice) that building them is a bit of a waste of time and resources at the moment.
    I was sending him reinforcements and resources, but I've stopped since reading that I could get in trouble if I send him too much (something which I wasn't previously aware of).
    Thank you again for your continued help and advice.
    Don't worry about sending him too much There are (fairly complicated) rules about exactly how much you can send to whom, but the game automatically stops you from sending more than you're allowed to. Which server are you on?

Yeah, as septimus said, it's hard coded now so you don't have to worry about accidentally breaking the rules!

Thank you Septimus and Carrothead, that's a relief!
    We are on ts5.

Angelic

If worst comes to worst you could find a friendly experienced player and use their gold link to re-register in their quad and have them help your son with resources to quickly rebuild in the new location. Its a win win for your son and the player helping your son as once the new account reaches a certain size the experienced player gets some free gold which benefits them and as long as your son retains a decent level of activity on the account each day the experienced player can mentor them into running a complementary account to their own. As long as your son has a good level of activity and is nice most experienced players would be willing to do this and I've found that this can be a much faster way of recovering from a farm account than fighting to hold onto the farm account.
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12