Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lord Norchard's FAQ

Default Lord Norchard's FAQ

To see the Official Travian FAQ click here

You may also like to browse this site for more detailed information on a wide variety of topics.

A big thanks to Saffy and SummerMcLovin who supplied the questions which I answered (ok SummerMcLovin helped with 1 or 2) .

I've done this because I find there are hardly any player created FAQ's, only guides, if any supporters who aren't listed above have any FAQ's of their own to give me please do so.

What are oases?
    Oases give a resource bonus if they are captured. Depending on which one you capture will depend on what bonus you receive. To capture one, you must build a Hero's Mansion and upgrade it to Level 10, create a hero (if you haven't already) and attack the oasis with your hero once it is cleared. To capture a second oasis you will need to upgrade the Hero's Mansion to Level 15 and for a third, level 20. Once you clear the oasis, the village you capture it from will have increased resource production, depending on which type of oasis it is. Oases don’t affect all of your villages; only the one you capture it from. Note that you can only capture oases in the 7x7 of your village and you can only have 3 per village. You can gain lots of hero experience points through clearing oases and they do give out resources when raided. You can attack oases belonging to other players to either capture them or take 10% of what resources are stored in the village the oasis belongs to, for this reason, there are often defending troops in oases belonging to players.

Why are there no trappers, heroes, or oases on s6?
    Server 6 runs an older version of Travian. Rather than running the now standard Travian 3.6, it runs Travian version 2.5. Upon registration you can find out whether you are signing up to a Classic server by the banner you click on when registering, it will have Classic written on it. If you ever play on foreign servers this is how you will know whether the server is classic (varies from domain to domain).

What are the Artefacts?
    The artefacts are treasures released to a Travian server on Day 130, if they are captured they grant the captor a bonus, depending on the type of artefact. At endgame, many will try and destroy World Wonders and capture World Wonders themselves, artefacts are used to customise the power of the player. However, unless you have an extremely large army (10,000 troops at least) they are a no go area as they are highly protected, to capture one you must destroy the enemy Treasure Chamber and have a Treasure Chamber of your own at level 10. Do not attack unprepared, the battles are not for the faint hearted and even when you have it you will have to fend off opponents who want it to.

For more information on artefacts see: Avi's Artefact Guide

How long does it take for a server to restart after endgame?
    A speed server should take around 6-8 weeks, but normal servers will take longer due to recent changes in server running times, servers will finish about 40 days earlier due to the changes, to keep in line with servers restarting set months you can expect to see an extra 40 or so days added onto this, depending on the length of the endgame.

Why can’t I register on…?
    If you can’t register on a particular server, it could be because 1 of 2 things:
    1. The server is in the middle of endgame (registrations close upon release of the Natars, which starts endgame)
    2. The server cannot take on any new players (its reached its full capacity), in this case you will be told when you try to register.

How do I send a message to my entire alliance?
    To send a message to your entire alliance, all you have to do is put “[ally]” as the recipient, this will send it to the entire alliance. Note that only alliance members who have been given the power to send a message to your entire alliance (also known as “MM’s” can send them.

How do I put the Dove of Peace in my profile?
    The Dove of Peace can be put in your profile by clicking “Profile” on the menu on the left side of the screen, clicking “Edit Profile” and entering “[#0]” in one of the large boxes on the screen, NOT any other, I have seen the [#0] code in Location and on both boxes, you only need it on one, many will consider you stupid if you put it on both. If you ever earn a medal, you can put the medal on your profile in the same way.

How do I set up/join an alliance?
    To set up an alliance you need 2 requirements, experience in the game, and an Embassy at level 3. You shouldn’t really make an alliance when first playing as you won’t get very far, to join one however you only need to build an embassy at Level 1. You will need to request an invitation from an alliance and then accept it in your embassy, you will then have joined the alliance.

What happens to my troops when a village I’m raiding deletes while troops are en route?
    If a village you are raiding deletes your troops are safe, what they do is they carry on to the co-ordinates you set them to (the tile the village was located) and return. As the village has gone, you will not receive a bounty.

What are the “pushing rules”?
    First of all, you don’t need to worry about getting banned for it because it is enforced, pushing is sending resources to another player and there are restrictions on how much you can send. There are 3 types of relations with pushing, and depending on which one you have with another player will regulate how much you can send. For more detailed information on pushing rules visit: http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/s...ad.php?t=56625

How do I demolish something?
    To demolish buildings you will need your Main Building to be at Level 10. Upon it reaching Level 10 there will be a drop down menu. Select the arrow pointing down and choose the building you want to demolish.

Please note: Demolishing buildings works level by level, for example if I wanted to demolish a Level 5 Warehouse completely, I would need to repeat the process 5 times.

What happens when you demolish something?
    When you demolish a building you will lose the building itself and your wheat production will increase depending on what you've demolished. Any upgrades/research you have carried out using the building will not be lost. As a result when you have researched everything you want you can demolish the building completely to free up space.

How do I buy Travian Gold?
    Travian Gold is purchased (using real money) via the Plus menu, where you will also use your Gold. To access the Plus menu, click anywhere on your Village Overview where it says "Travian Plus". Select from the "Tariffs" section how much you want to buy and proceed to purchase (using one of the payment methods allowed) it will then be credited to your account when purchased.

What is Crop-Locking?
    Crop locking is the act of catapulting someone strategically to put them into negative crop so that they cannot progress any further in the game. Generally the buildings catapulted are the Main Building, all Wheat Fields, Flour Mill/Bakery, Marketplace. Reasons for crop locking maybe to turn someone into a farm or to prevent them from becoming to powerful.

What is the difference between "Attack: Normal" and "Attack: Raid"?
    An "Attack: Normal" is an attack used to kill enemy troops. When you attack using this the loser loses all his/her troops. However, an "Attack: Raid" is used to collect resources, it will kill troops, but it will not kill them all. A phrase to sum this type of attack up would be "hit and run".

☠☠☠☠
    Last edited by Lord Norchard; 21 Dec 2010 at 04:12 PM.

Self-professed Genius SummerMcLovin's Avatar

It's a good job so far, and you can always edit it to put more questions in as we give you them

Don't forget to creidt me for help with some of the answers :p

Not sure what you mean with that last part though...

Any opinions expressed on this forum are my own, as my position does not force me to say anything.
    If I didn't support the crew before, I wouldn't have joined them to support you and the domain.
    After going through my own posts, I see the only award I got runner-up for (Newcomer) doesn't even apply to me...

Quote Originally Posted by SummerMcLovin View Post
    It's a good job so far, and you can always edit it to put more questions in as we give you them

Don't forget to creidt me for help with some of the answers :p

Not sure what you mean with that last part though...
    Hmmm...its gone, I'm sure Avi or someone like that would know what I'm on about, it was on one of Tullias guides, one about friendly fire rules, which appears to have been deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Norchard View Post
    Hmmm...its gone, I'm sure Avi or someone like that would know what I'm on about, it was on one of Tullias guides, one about friendly fire rules, which appears to have been deleted.
    Could always be in the Archive, but I haven't delved into those murky waters yet...

Any opinions expressed on this forum are my own, as my position does not force me to say anything.
    If I didn't support the crew before, I wouldn't have joined them to support you and the domain.
    After going through my own posts, I see the only award I got runner-up for (Newcomer) doesn't even apply to me...

Hmm, I like it. Hard work LN, keep good working up

is the restart time for speed servers new could swear the last 3 have taken 2-3 weeks
    If I had a signature this is where it would be...

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    is the restart time for speed servers new could swear the last 3 have taken 2-3 weeks
    I suppose it will be different, since they are only resetting and restarting the server instead of having to wait for the correct restart month for that server.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerMcLovin View Post
    I suppose it will be different, since they are only resetting and restarting the server instead of having to wait for the correct restart month for that server.

that is good news
    If I had a signature this is where it would be...

Channing Tatum<3 Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Touched's Avatar

Ultimate? :|

There's like 10 questions, ultimate would be 100-200, also anybody could just travian wiki this or w/e.

Ardente Veritate Honoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul Member Keiji_Maeda's Avatar

Could always move my FAQ from .com.au and merge it with this as a collaboration?

http://archive.forum.travian.com.au/...ead.php?t=3380 <- My FAQ

Apart from that, pretty good work here, some ingenious questions

Travian.co.za EX-Super Moderator. | Travian.co.uk EX-Super Moderator and Supporter | Travian.com.au EX-Super Moderator and Supporter
    Travian.pk EX-Forum Administrator

Warning - irritant!

Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member Purplejelly86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Touched View Post

There's like 10 questions, ultimate would be 100-200, also anybody could just travian wiki this or w/e.
    Yep, and they're the most easiest of questions..

Spammer-in-chief Prolific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul Member Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amalgon View Post
    And not even the most asked :/

Well, maybe the pushing one is...
    Join WvV Round 17:  Students versus Teachers!
    Read the colour of the words (not the words). Blue Red Orange Green Black Red Red Gray Purple Blue
    Count! - Steal a hill! - Do stuff! - Eat!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post

They aren't questions posted on the forum, their ones from the supporters, which you or I wouldn't know about, unless you asked.

Warning - irritant!

Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member Purplejelly86's Avatar

Well, actually yes i would know about, ive been a supporter on another domain before..

I don't see how you can call it the 'Ultimate' FAQ, When its got 10 questions? The most obvious ones aswell? what's ultimate about it?
    Last edited by Purplejelly86; 30 Aug 2010 at 08:04 AM.

Well, actually yes i would know about, ive been a supporter on another domain before..

I don't see how you can call it the 'Ultimate' FAQ, When its got 10 questions? The most obvious ones aswell? what's ultimate about it?
    Work in progress, now can you add something constructive as I'm sick of posts making fun of the name. There are at least three now, I'd rather comments to improve it rather than rubbishing the name, which doesn't matter.

If you don't have anything nice or constructive to say don't say it at all.

Work in progress, now can you add something constructive as I'm sick of posts making fun of the name. There are at least three now, I'd rather comments to improve it rather than rubbishing the name, which doesn't matter.

no offence LN, but the critics are a bit right. its a nice faq for new players, but from an ultimate faq you expect a guide which covers a lot more. its also not really clear why its called after your nick, as the reader then expect: here comes something very special which LN thought out and which i cant read in another faq. but what comes are pretty general statements you would expect from a normal faq.

i mean, ive played this game for three years, and i wouldnt read a normal faq anymore. but when i hear that an experienced player writes an ultimate faq it catches my attention, perhaps some really interesting reading on the benefits of upgrading the heroes mansion to level 15 in the third supply village or when to upgrade bakery in a 7-cropper or why its cool to play with 4 offs. and then its like giving an explanation on how to register on a server...'

so all in all, its a good beginning of a faq. but it would be better to call it something else as it really gives the reader another expectation. what about faq? or just faq me
    cogito ergo cata

Warning - irritant!

Well all were saying is that the questions are the more obvious ones, and that the name doesn't suit it, that is constructive, as it tells you that you need to add more questions and get the name changed.

Quote Originally Posted by MouthOfTGR View Post
    no offence LN, but the critics are a bit right. its a nice faq for new players, but from an ultimate faq you expect a guide which covers a lot more. its also not really clear why its called after your nick, as the reader then expect: here comes something very special which LN thought out and which i cant read in another faq. but what comes are pretty general statements you would expect from a normal faq.

i mean, ive played this game for three years, and i wouldnt read a normal faq anymore. but when i hear that an experienced player writes an ultimate faq it catches my attention, perhaps some really interesting reading on the benefits of upgrading the heroes mansion to level 15 in the third supply village or when to upgrade bakery in a 7-cropper or why its cool to play with 4 offs. and then its like giving an explanation on how to register on a server...'

so all in all, its a good beginning of a faq. but it would be better to call it something else as it really gives the reader another expectation. what about faq? or just faq me
    Fine, I'll get it changed.

I respect this type of criticism, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Touched View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post

Those are just criticizing without suggesting anything, and annoying. Amalgon, if you've been a supporter before would you like to help me with some questions you got?*

I'll let you off MK because your cool, but the rest are just rubbishing.

* This question is serious, not one you make to make a point, if you were a supporter you qualify to help to, if you can please.
    Last edited by Lord Norchard; 30 Aug 2010 at 04:23 PM.

Warning - irritant!

Sure, id be happy to if you really want

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast