Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Where in the World ?

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Elzebub's Avatar

^ But the honeybadgers might get to you.
    S5 WWK Thanks Skidy!

House blawg.

Quote Originally Posted by Elzebub View Post
    That has to be the weirdest/most backward excuse ever :p
    Nooo, it's great!

We've had two dry days in a row here, it's amazing!

But if it's dry all the time, your crops die.
    Crouching Tiger, ready to pounce...
    Jeremy Clarkson: "If you have all the facts to hand, you will see there are two sides to every argument and that both sides are right. So you can only have an opinion if you do not have all the facts to hand"

North Yorkshire, on the coast. Tis lovely.

^ But the honeybadgers might get to you.
    Are they man-eating honeybadgers?

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    Las Vegas isn't a state...

Ohh, I knew that

Not to mention that Las Vegas is 23 hours, 1500 miles, away from Houston, TX with nonstop driving....

That is why i would use airplane
    Xbox Live GT:

x iJ 0 K 3 R x

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Elzebub's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Berethor View Post
    Nooo, it's great!

We've had two dry days in a row here, it's amazing!

But if it's dry all the time, your crops die.
    Haha, constant drizzle doesn't keep your crops alive either, it molds them. Anyways, most places in the world get their rain over quickly. Like here, we recently had 4 inches of rain in a 30 minute time frame.

For example, Norwich only gets 19.2 in of precipitation a year yet I would describe the weather there as wet and dreary 90% of the time. Lexington, KY gets 45.68 inches (including snow)!! Yet we have glorious sunny skies all year long and our grass is never soggy. Our rain just gets it over with quickly so the sun can come out and dry it up and doesn't hang about all dreary and grey for weeks at a time.

In my opinion that type of weather is FAR better and more enjoyable. Not just Ky though, most of the states have similar climate (especially in the south/midwest). Just don't live in Colorado, New York or Alaska. Other countries as well of course too, Canada particularly.

Saying that poor weather is a pro though is just a bit... well... stupid? Sunshine makes you happier and less stressful too (nod)

Quote Originally Posted by PeachyMcWiggins View Post
    Are they man-eating honeybadgers?
    Every honeybadger is!!
    S5 WWK Thanks Skidy!

House blawg.

Prolific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton Member Cliffy's Avatar

Saying that poor weather is a pro though is just a bit... well... stupid? Sunshine makes you happier and less stressful too (nod)

we didn't say poor weather, we said unpredictable weather

plus why when its not sunny is it deemed as poor weather? personally i'd prefer a cool dry day to a baking hot day, the heat saps the energy out of me and is more likely to make me irritable. its also alot harder to play football in (which i play quite regulary) and driving is more annoying because the suns always in your eyes

i dont mind the rain, its cooling when i do play football in it and its nice to listen to from my window

and when its cold, it just means you get to snuggle up more

i like the english weather, its like having a slightly crazy girlfriend, which are always more fun than the boring ones

FOR PONY! Round 5 1st Better than you lot

Elz, Kentucky is depressingly hot and humid in the summer. That is all.

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

Kentucky is where it's at: Fast women and beautiful horses
    Ooo, someone I know has just been over there,
    competing at the World Equestrian Games

Quote Originally Posted by horse View Post

That was held in the city we live in

Oh cool! What event was she in? Unfortunately they made the ticket prices WAY too expensive, so not many locals got to go haha.
    S5 WWK Thanks Skidy!

House blawg.

Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar

Elz, Kentucky is depressingly hot and humid in the summer. That is all.
    You tell her!

I dislike heat generally. I sleep with my window open even if its snowing outside.

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

Oh cool! What event was she in? Unfortunately they made the ticket prices WAY too expensive, so not many locals got to go haha.
    Showjumping, didn't do too well this time though

they fly the horses in ...I'd never really thought how they would get there before.
    but 'tis still a long way when you stand all the way there

nao:
    thinking I'd better get on the road

Quote Originally Posted by commander View Post
    You tell her!

I dislike heat generally. I sleep with my window open even if its snowing outside.
    Pfft. He's a pansy, it feels good in the summer... with a/c :p His hair is so excited that some of the humidity is gone now.
    S5 WWK Thanks Skidy!

House blawg.

Yeh it feels good in the summer... So long as you are inside an air conditioned house / car and don't venture outside!

^^
    yup, I remember rushing from the mall to the car and frantically getting the car's air-con going as fast as possible

I can see why people in the US have guns,
    they are to shoot people who get in your way, as you run between air-conditioned buildings...

^^
    yup, I remember rushing from the mall to the car and frantically getting the car's air-con going as fast as possible

I can see why people in the US have guns,
    they are to shoot people who get in your way, as you run between air-conditioned buildings...
    The mall must be pretty much the only place you can't visit from the convenience of your car seat

We have drive through fast food, liquor stores, cash machines, banks, pharmacies, dry cleaners, postal services, general supplies, drive in cinemas, and even drive through marriages and funerals.
    You could live your entire life in your car!

The mall must be pretty much the only place you can't visit from the convenience of your car seat

We have drive through fast food, liquor stores, cash machines, banks, pharmacies, dry cleaners, postal services, general supplies, drive in cinemas, and even drive through marriages and funerals.
    You could live your entire life in your car!
    You forgot icecream and charity shops!
    S5 WWK Thanks Skidy!

House blawg.

You forgot icecream and charity shops!
    and 'drive-thru' Churches apparently

...yay, community feeling !

Well you gotta fit jesus in your day somehow? I've never seen one I've seen drive by wedding chapels though!
    S5 WWK Thanks Skidy!

House blawg.

Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar

Americans will 'invent' drive in workplaces before long.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234