Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

~The Real Santa~ Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Tilifika's Avatar

Default The Walking Dead

Has anybody been watching it?

Honestly one of the best openings to a series I've ever seen, if the first two episodes are anything to go by it's going to be a humdinger.
    It's Poetry. Not Hip Hop.

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

apparently showing on FX, Friday nights from 10pm

which explains why I never noticed,
    I don't think that's even a channel on my favourites list

remind me next Friday, I'll watch it somehow
    and yes it looks great

The video you are trying to watch cannot be viewed from your current country or location.

Shame, does look good. I guess I'll have to start from episode 3 as my quick google search for the first two failed.

DoctorHb Prolific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian Member

It looks awesome, wish i could watch it I'm quite a big fan of zombie programmes or films.

Have to wait until it *hopefully* comes to a UK channel.

A blue-black shade of love, sent from above.
    My hands are tied, two worlds alone, and this I know.
    <3

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

~The Real Santa~ Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Tilifika's Avatar

I actually have the first two episodes on my laptop, if anyone has winrar (or another extraction tool) I could send it to them in .rar files? Or I can point you towards places to download them on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Second Heartbeat View Post
    It looks awesome, wish i could watch it I'm quite a big fan of zombie programmes or films.

Have to wait until it *hopefully* comes to a UK channel.
    It's shown on FX on Friday nights, your best bet is to either download it or wait for the DVD. Or I could email it you, as I said. I'm tempted to do a 'Mail me a memory stick and P&P and I'll send it back to you' system...

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member Aecides's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilifika View Post
    I actually have the first two episodes on my laptop, if anyone has winrar (or another extraction tool) I could send it to them in .rar files? Or I can point you towards places to download them on the net.

It's shown on FX on Friday nights, your best bet is to either download it or wait for the DVD. Or I could email it you, as I said. I'm tempted to do a 'Mail me a memory stick and P&P and I'll send it back to you' system...
    Would now be an appropriate time to point out I'm still waiting for you to help me set that stuff up? Because I have a ridiculously fast laptop and nothing to eat away at the memory except a load of music.

Quote Originally Posted by Taulphin View Post
    You just earned a place on the 'must hug' List 2008. Congratulations!

It is absolutely awesome. This series is, in my opinion far better than just about every zombie film ever made, so far.

They're proper zombies aswell, rather than a Virus, or rage, or rabies, or some other load of bollards...

I feel sorry for the Horse though
    Crouching Tiger, ready to pounce...
    Jeremy Clarkson: "If you have all the facts to hand, you will see there are two sides to every argument and that both sides are right. So you can only have an opinion if you do not have all the facts to hand"

Quote Originally Posted by Berethor View Post
    why ? other than the fact that nobody has invented fat free chocolate yet
    Or I can point you towards places to download them on the net.
    Yes please
    I think that's roughly legal because I've now found FX on my Virgin box (Ooo Err...)
    and it's due on in an hour. If I can stay awake that is.
    Although which episode it is I don't know

I'm buying the DVD box set of this when it comes out, it looks really well done,
    or perhaps it's time to consider blueray now ?

Quote Originally Posted by horse View Post
    why ?
    You'll see when you watch it
    Jeremy Clarkson: "If you have all the facts to hand, you will see there are two sides to every argument and that both sides are right. So you can only have an opinion if you do not have all the facts to hand"

meh, I hate the stupid 24 hour clock, I've missed it

meh, I hate the stupid 24 hour clock, I've missed it
    You've only missed three episodes, I have them all on my hard drive. I use rapidshare to download them from www.bolt.org, it's a links forum.

You can download from the rapidshare/hotfile servers without a paid for premium account, it just takes a little longer. If you need any help with rapidshare/win rar just ask.

It is absolutely awesome. This series is, in my opinion far better than just about every zombie film ever made, so far.

They're proper zombies aswell, rather than a Virus, or rage, or rabies, or some other load of bollards...

The zombies are brilliant aren't they? Have you seen this weeks? When they decapitated the walker and it's head was still trying to bite them? My girlfriend was really sad about the Horse too, I was too busy going 'OHMYGODHOW'SHEGOINGTOGETOUTOFTHETANK?!'

The zombies are brilliant aren't they? Have you seen this weeks? When they decapitated the walker and it's head was still trying to bite them? My girlfriend was really sad about the Horse too, I was too busy going 'OHMYGODHOW'SHEGOINGTOGETOUTOFTHETANK?!'
    Haven't seen this weeks yet, but will do, hopefully I will this evening.

About the Horse, It was just because he was saying 'I'll take you to a safe place, there will be people, and maybe even other horses there too'. What must have went through that Horse's mind when it met it's end?

The effects and make-up are good too. Loved the shovel face guy at the start of the second episode. Nice.

You've only missed three episodes, I have them all on my hard drive. I use rapidshare to download them from www.bolt.org, it's a links forum.
    Thanks, something is downloading but it's taking forever so I hope it just works and doesn't require me to think.
    I've just checked FX for tonight but there is no repeat on.

Just watched the latest one. Fairly uneventful as far as the zombies are concerned... mainly just character development.

More action in next one please

Thanks, something is downloading but it's taking forever so I hope it just works and doesn't require me to think.
    I've just checked FX for tonight but there is no repeat on.
    Is it a single link download? It'll come as a .rar file that'll need extracting.

I figured it out eventually thanks

Golly this is fantastic, most of the big budget films this year have left me pretty cold, yet this appears on a channel I've barely heard of.

Not quite the style of 28 Days but far more engaging than say Legend

I wonder what their production budget was ?

Ah the horse, yes

Great pan back at that point though

Ah the horse, yes

Great pan back at that point though
    He promised that Horse the world!

He promised that Horse the world!
    I've had boyfriends who promised the same, it's sad when they get eaten by zombies too

*there's probably a moral there*

Watched Ep3 last light because Ep2 didn't download for some reason, trying again with another link.

I like how all the zombies are portrayed more as victims than nasty creatures
    it's more of an emotional drama than a horror film, so it's got more depth for me.

I recognised from an Ep2 trailer a scene from Left4Dead, where they are climbing up a fire escape to the roof. Funny how a game trailer is more scary than a film, I wouldn't play the game but I'd watch this.

Snippet
    Episode 2 is probably my favourite so far, well worth it. Little gory if you've got a weak stomach...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast