Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would have done it differently!!!

The One and Only Active MemberActive MemberActive Member jd*porkchop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy the Peach View Post

And the usual fail hero..
    Glad to see my hero isnt the only one of the server with learning difficulties
    Winner of the "Humdinger spammer of the server award" S3 09/10
    http://forum.travian.co.uk/showthrea...e-Humdingers-p

Sig by Elektra Sky (Top of the sexy lady list this week)
    Avatar by Demonology (Top of the crazy werido list this week)
    Favourite Mod of the week is Second Heartbeat (I was bribed into saying this)

Senior Gaul MemberSenior Gaul MemberSenior Gaul Member Sevron's Avatar

I raided my own village.........only to find out i forgot to take my chiefs out, so killed them all lol, and done that more than once lol , also promised not to raid certain ppl, but once i stopped drinking.......found out, i continued raiding them LOL
    But heyho lol

First proper server wasting 50k axe and 17k tks having one of the biggest armies when arties came out and borging them all to get just colds arti of the fool not the best of moves.

Sending a further 60k army and 20k tks to repkiller near endgame not realising he had hawkeye another error!

The usual attacking own troops trying to raid.

Too many to remember them all but;

- Sending reinforcements to Magnus early on in the game as an attack, exchanging IGMs that they were all going to die LOL!

- Solo attacks by a hero don't work (even when the oasis is unoccupied), must be the heat.

- Attcking Rowdy II as part of a "co-ordinated attack" only to discover that the rest of the BG were awaiting their troops returning from the last op (lost all my troops )

- Scouting Tinsel's scout village

etc, etc, etc

Best of all, being persuaded by Rod to return to Travian and play it once again. Lost 9 months of my life for the huge priviledge of playing alongisde you guys... well worth it!

Well the one that hurt the most was upsetting Mr K by raiding a village that unknown to me was storing his siege, fortunately i didnt hit them but he was so upset with me he hit me with them, I thought to myself theres no way on earth that one of my own would send a 10 wave cata attack on my capital, and as i spent almost the entire server without any defence of my own i decided it was just a warning and i ignored it. Really ruined my night out when i logged on to find my lvl 18/17 fields reduced to 10/12's had to spend the evening moving res and asking for help

DD you will never learn. you'll always be a noob . just kidding buddy

JDPorkchop fan club MemberMember Mistress-Mental's Avatar

Actually there's not a lot I would have done differently

Aside from the usual silly mistakes such as reins instead of attacks and sending 3x traders to the wrong village, I learnt loads this server and made some ace friends. I would have liked to have kept my first account going for longer as it was just getting going when I deleted and I will be more aggressive from the get-go next time

I had a whole list of stupid stuff me and cuda did on my profile page! Things like:-

Sending 5k mace at 6k of our own spears in our own village.
    Having 5 chiefs land in the same second as a clearing wave but sending the clearing wave last so it rolls in after 4 of the 5 chiefs!
    Going out drinking with Cuda on a crucial day, coming home finding out we had been attacked, lost our arti and army.

Come to think of it, they weren't even the most stupid things but I can't remember the rest of it!!
    Previously - Jazzy Jeff | Lord Pan | Lorde | Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Elk33dp View Post
    Maybe if it was anyone else, but Josh is too talented to leave any hint at the real target. It's basically wack-a-mole.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Too many to remember them all but ...

- Solo attacks by a hero don't work (even when the oasis is unoccupied), must be the heat.
    No its the lack of off powah. I guess you amassed lots of off bonus for the hero, no doubt the full 20 percent.

Solo hero work such as oasis conquers and plan/arti shifting and the like requires mucho hero off power to overcome the wall / residence def combo.

I was taught to get 1000 off power points on the hero before then getting his off bonus to 20 percent, but these days its seems to be considered noobish to spend hero points on anything other than off bonus lol

Well in my time on the server I learnt the biggest lesson of all, taught by none other than LOTR's troops, don't split your troops over 5 villages, cuz they get smashed, and you end up giving up on the only server your not pathetic at. I loved that account, even though it was awful

Plus I wouldn't have talked to anyone but in DA, because that resulted in everyone hating me all of a sudden. Or at least if felt like it.

Oh well, I'll be back again, with an alias.

LMS

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Norchard View Post
    Well in my time on the server I learnt the biggest lesson of all, taught by none other than LOTR's troops, don't split your troops over 5 villages, cuz they get smashed, and you end up giving up on the only server your not pathetic at. I loved that account, even though it was awful

Plus I wouldn't have talked to anyone but in DA, because that resulted in everyone hating me all of a sudden. Or at least if felt like it.

Oh well, I'll be back again, with an alias.

Will be good to see you back under any alias LN... It just shows you dont bare grudges and are willing to give it another go.. It is all part of the learning process.. good luck with the game

Quote Originally Posted by LMS View Post
    Will be good to see you back under any alias LN... It just shows you dont bare grudges and are willing to give it another go.. It is all part of the learning process.. good luck with the game
    Thanks. It will be s3 though. Because whether it's SimCity or not, every player is really nice.

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member Ghengis666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Norchard View Post
    Thanks. It will be s3 though. Because whether it's SimCity or not, every player is really nice.
    I`m not nice

Quote Originally Posted by Humdinger View Post
    I`m not nice

Well, I never made any nooby mistakes in ASBO!

Just ask LMS...or Holmes...or JDPorkchop...or Blibble...or Mr G...

I'll quietly slip off now...

I did the usual, too late too tired, send attacks as reinforcements, followed by more actual attack troops.
    But mostly, I have to confess, my biggest and for some reason near the end, my most frequent mistakes were attacking Magnus with my reinforcments. Sorry Mr T, Love you really

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12