Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would have done it differently!!!

Default Would have done it differently!!!

As the 'muppetwhocannotbenamed' has now left the forum things have got a touch quiet.

Any comical/stupid/embaressing stories from the server?

As a newbie mine are limited but here goes...

* Being oh so proud when sucsessfully stealing a 50% cropper off Foreign Affairs from ASBO, then being surprised when all the little red swords appeared on my villages minutes later!!

* Guessing the right village to defend against an ASBO hammer, taking it out, then being surprised when all the little red swords appeared on my villages minutes later!!

* Sending 5000 troops to defend an Oasis from constant bombardment from Betterhalf, then forgeting they are there (didn't take her long to wipe them out), then being surprised when all the little red swords appeared on my villages minutes later!!

* Discovering 'Azafail's' hammer descending on my capital (we were in the same alliance) and foolishly obeying company policy and not defending against it - should have messaged ASBO and got those little red swords to change colour!!

* Spending a week wondering why I had been asked to join 2 different alliances but they hadn't sent an invite (that's what an Embassy is for!!)

Like I said, not much from me but I am sure the great and good of server 3 have some great ones out there...

Lagushki

Im not good-looking. I used to be but not anymore. Not like Robert Taylor. What I have got is I have character in my face. Its taken an awful lot of late nights and drinking to put it there. When I go to work in a picture, I say, Dont take the lines out of my face. Leave them there'
    - Humphrey Bogart

UK2 - Rehab

LMS

LMAO you sound like you could be a leader in ASBO..

My embarrassing moments of the server were..

Sending catapult fakes at Azafail only to check later to see i was catapult faking myself..

Sending reinforcements to one of my villes, then checking a while later just to see those little red swords descending on my ville.. I was catapulting MYSELF..!!

Sending reinforcements to another member - on attack..!!

deliberately knocking down my academy in a village to make way for another building only to remember i wanted to knock down my Iron foundry

and the list goes on and on and on lol

Quote Originally Posted by lagushki View Post

* Sending 5000 troops to defend an Oasis from constant bombardment from Betterhalf, then forgeting they are there (didn't take her long to wipe them out), then being surprised when all the little red swords appeared on my villages minutes later!!

As a newbie you did well tbh, Many a time I looked to see I had lost troops to you, It became a common theme for me to lose all my troops when my dual sent them out for a stroll. You were like an annoying fly that wouldn't swat

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Sleeping Dragon's Avatar

OK im blonde so there are zillions but worst was knocking down loads of buildings in my capital to try and get enough warehouses up for level 22 fields only to end up 12k short of warehouse space

and can someone tell me how to do level 22 wheat fields please

Sending fakes at TC only to notice later that one of the waves I put as reins instead, lol
    If you are learning, it isnt what you do or didits what you do next.
    Ron Short

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Dragon View Post
    OK im blonde so there are zillions but worst was knocking down loads of buildings in my capital to try and get enough warehouses up for level 22 fields only to end up 12k short of warehouse space

and can someone tell me how to do level 22 wheat fields please
    Great warehouses from the storage masterplan artefact, quite possibly? Wow, did you have level 21 fields then? I've always known you could go past 20 as that's what the manual, etc say, but I always thought it was next to impossible to build past level 20 due to storage constraints like what you've mentioned.

Btw, you know when we were discussing standing defence a while back, and you quoted a crazy figure of wheat to me for your wheat per hour, was that including all your resources too, if you were to npc them to wheat? Or was that really just wheat?

My personal favourite this server (which won me Plonker of the Week such was it's class) was sending 5k EIs to raid my cap, forgetting that 30k imps were in there At least it reduced the wheat consumption to more manageable levels for a while.

Other moments included forgetting to send rams (thankfully the fakes worked on that occasion); changing village names and wondering why the merchants went off on 16 hour round trips to a little village that shared the same name as my old one; starving my troops numerous times after using all the wheat to build more and forgetting the village was already in negative.

Perhaps the biggest error though was thinking half way through "yeah, I'm going to quit this silly game". How naive of me to think I could resist the temptation to send my troops rampaging through the streets of various DA members.

ASBO Diplomatic Wench and Grump Catching Division

It's all just tooooo much for my poor girly brain to comprehend

you were not allowed to quit elektra

we needed you and your steel tipped high heels to keep us all on our toes and behave

Constantly reinforcing enemy villages with one catapult. I'm awesome at fakes.
    And sending Suds loads of res meant to go to our WW, because of his sneaky village name.

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Sleeping Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDS View Post
    Great warehouses from the storage masterplan artefact, quite possibly? Wow, did you have level 21 fields then? I've always known you could go past 20 as that's what the manual, etc say, but I always thought it was next to impossible to build past level 20 due to storage constraints like what you've mentioned.

Btw, you know when we were discussing standing defence a while back, and you quoted a crazy figure of wheat to me for your wheat per hour, was that including all your resources too, if you were to npc them to wheat? Or was that really just wheat?
    I finished with 15 x level 21 in my cap with 150% wheat bonus too and I think the figure quoted was just wheat per hour from all of my account but I did have an awful lot 22/23 15 croppers with full 150% and 125% bonuses as well as the capital. My plan was to be able to both build and garage a 350k wheat army myself but I ran out of troop training time - I needed 12 months and only had 10 months (8 months solid troop building)

Forgetting I was in a spy account I was sitting and sending an IGM to a fellow Angel signed Magnus ( twice )

and then there was that time I sent those chiefs off to a WW village.......

Playing a little worse for the demon drink one Friday night and sending a same second cat attack at an ASBO player but the clearer went last

Quote Originally Posted by Elektra Sky View Post
    starving my troops numerous times after using all the wheat to build more and forgetting the village was already in negative.
    Lol, i've done this many times too...
    If you are learning, it isnt what you do or didits what you do next.
    Ron Short

The One and Only Active MemberActive MemberActive Member jd*porkchop's Avatar

Well I easily beat the lot of you for in the way of stupidity.

This server ive...

Sent reins to the village ive attacked 2 or 3 times killing all the troops involved,

While drunk decided to attack a village for some def point not realising it was the biggest player on the server at the time http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/s...8&postcount=95

Once again while drunk, got so excited while having a laugh in the skype room i knocked a bottle of beer over my 800 mac and fried it. Poor LMS had to look after my account for two weeks till i could get a new laptop.

Then there is the now infamous Uber rat oasis attacks

http://travian-reports.net/uk/raport.php?id=103066d9f27
    http://www.travian-reports.net/us/report/1312484d14c

Both of these attack are on the same oasis within 3 or 4 days of each other, on the 3rd attempt I took the oasis. This is also how Britney (my hero) got her name....coz "opps she did it again"

The leason to be learne from this is..... Dont drink and travian
    Winner of the "Humdinger spammer of the server award" S3 09/10
    http://forum.travian.co.uk/showthrea...e-Humdingers-p

Sig by Elektra Sky (Top of the sexy lady list this week)
    Avatar by Demonology (Top of the crazy werido list this week)
    Favourite Mod of the week is Second Heartbeat (I was bribed into saying this)

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member badbrain's Avatar

Maybe , spamming 20k mace ,60 axe, 30k tks 1k rams 4k catas,and no screaming for def on our wheats was a bad move. It did allow the rest of ASBO and the dots to rock tho. Angels ( main wing never came back again. ) Most of the army starved,BUT hardcore ASBO play kept some of the army alive. Hardcore is the only way. No easy attack points on ASBO ASBO. would rather get our game spoiled,and alliance players to have fun.

My last post here
    Last edited by badbrain; 20 Nov 2010 at 03:44 AM.

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member krull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jd*porkchop View Post

Both of these attack are on the same oasis within 3 or 4 days of each other, on the 3rd attempt I took the oasis. This is also how Britney (my hero) got her name....coz "opps she did it again"
    Why on earth would you belittle a woman for not wearing underwear???

That's just sick.
    Lincoln Six-Echo: Who is God?
    McCord: You know when you really want something, you close your eyes and wish for it really hard? God is the guy that ignores you.

The Butterfly Muncher MemberMember kingofthemad's Avatar

Mine are:
    When sending a BG attack, don't send it 24 hours early

when sending another bg attack, remember to send hero, otherwise you may miss out of 11k points

if your going to chief someone, remember not to send the chief on a fake before the clearer

When catting someone and you realise you put the wrong troops in, don't remove clearer first, just incase your pc then crashes, and the attacks go on without a clearer.

When suiciding hammer for endgame, don't send it to someone who is your friend

oh yeah - and I also like to eat butterflys (yummy..) I mash the green ones, roast the yellow ones, eat the red ones raw, and the purple ones.. well - I think they taste like peas, and I hate peas. So I never eat them...

Quote Originally Posted by Second Heartbeat View Post
    Anything else? Feel free to post it. I'm in the mood to take someone down a peg or two
    If your thinking of joining S3.. Please press here!

I thought I'd sent these scouts out, so I got a little surprise when I attacked myself to shift resources. Next time I need to check the village I'm attacking, or even better, raiding, might have cut the losses a little.

http://www.travian-reports.net/us/report/643261b0968

I did something similar earlier in the server with about 20k phalanx, sent them to raid myself forgetting that the village I was raiding had a few days worth troop queue of phalanx and DRs left in it so kept chugging out defence ater I'd sent the troops out. Didn't lose too much though.

And the usual fail hero..

http://www.travian-reports.net/us/report/643265a0512
    I fly around in a little roflcopter =D

clearance wave ...then cats.

it doest work the other way round.
    (-800 cats)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast