Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: What made you sad/depressed today?

New Poster

Thank you Horse, life isn't too bad in relation to my exH. Our marriage was over for a few years before we finally got divorced in July and we still get on reasonably well, although reading the letter made me realise just what we have lost.

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

I'd imagine the letters were quite frank given their purpose, an emotional thing to read.

I'm happy that you get on, an absent Father is a sour footnote to my life.

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

I love someone's Youtube channel, she is such a talented girl but unfortunately she is an American.

Americans are like us in that some areas of the country have a lovely accent (Sussex) and some just don't (Dudley mostly).

I'm not sure where she comes from, maybe New York, but she makes a really annoying ying-ying-ying nasel sound from the top of her mouth and every sentence is extended into a pointless drawl interspersed with punchy emphasis on every other word. It's like some kind of verbal boxing match.

Her voice has such a wide range that even turning the volume down to one notch above mute doesn't make her waw-waw-wawing sound any less loud, and like many other videobloggers her recordings are done in a really echoey room which just makes my eardrums feel like they are bleeding.

I don't suppose her region would consider their voices as painful to listen to, but it really does ruin her channel for me (only 2,000 subscribers )

I almost feel like mentioning it to her but there is no way to phrase such a comment that doesn't sound offensive, and short of elocution lessons there is little to be done.

I've been informed that Kim Kardashian's bottom is supposedly attractive... (as a proportion of her waist size)

Really ???
    I'd have gone with gross :|
    Last edited by horse; 15 Nov 2014 at 12:33 AM.

I don't know who Kim Kardashian is. Should that make me happy or sad?

Quote Originally Posted by mercy View Post
    I don't know who Kim Kardashian is. Should that make me happy or sad?
    Just roll with it, Maths teachers are never going to be cool with the kids

Actually no I've not much of an idea either, other than I've recently seen her naked bottom/shelf and I think she is on TV.

Although as I never like not knowing something I went for a google.
    Umm, not really any the wiser. Multiple marriages, children by a random father, a tacky reality show, apparently famous for being famous ?

I think it's OK to be judgemental so I'm going with "Celebrity Chav"

I just don't understand the media's slavering bottom adoration, and I'm speaking as someone with a bustle in their dressing up box.

Well not really sad, I just don't know what to do with myself today.
    Work commitments have kept my PoI away so I haven't bothered heating the house which makes doing anything a chore.

About the most exciting thing left to do is wash and iron a few things and pay some bills.

I recently acquired one of those bouncy space hopper things, but after a tentative pumping it has subsequently deflated overnight, which is just how I feel really.

Your posts always cheer me up

I discovered that having your boss on facebook is really not a good idea. Now matter how much you think you can be friends, you can't really. A chance remark I made about still working at 7pm on a Sunday night got taken the wrong way as a negative remark about my employer and I got told off. Now it feels like one of my private spaces isn't my space any more.

I've heard of people who have been sacked for making a FB comment that was interpreted as bringing their employer into disrepute.
    I know employers like to be part of this circle because they think it gives them an insight into their employees, but to me it's grossly invasive, not matter how much I may like them on a personal basis.

That's why I've always kept two Facebooks, one with a pet name and just my contact list, and one with my real name for clients to do a bit of casual snooping - I just name drop a lot of people that might impress and generally prance about look prim and squeaky clean, stand next to a lot of horses and sit around a lot of nice restaurant tables - some pictures are actually cribbed from Wibbleshire Life because I don't have that much of a social life
    I never post a picture if I'm fully in shot, I'm not interested in sharing my entire life with a search engine.

I was pretty sad again today and ended up not sleeping till about 4;30am last night,
    it's quite late now but I'm still a bit anxious :/

Lost a job today, client changed their mind, which is awkward as I could do with some money, but I'm overly anxious lately so having less work is possibly a good thing.
    I find Christmas quite stressful, even if like this year I've got nothing planned or much to do.

I can see me idly dressing the cats in tinsel at this rate.

With hindsight I would have saved up last seasons Walking Dead so I'd have something to do other than work.

I outsourced present wrapping this year.
    Now the only unwrapped gifts are for the contractor.
    I don't want to get my fingers sticky or anything.
    These are dark days indeed...

I'm sad I didn't see Stevieus here on 23.12. Sad, very sad.

Thinking that I haven't seen Horse on here for a long time now. That makes me very sad. Very sad indeed

Still around, but I felt people were only posting in that number thread so I wasn't sure if I had anything worthwhile to contribute.
    It was a bit like talking to myself some days.

I'm trying to fit into another forum but it's really quite hard work, there's no moderation so people get a bit catty and it gets me down.
    Plus I've been a bit misog lately, lots of hiding under the duvet and wishing the world would go away.

Good to see you are still here though, I worry when people disappear that they might be ill or dead or something.

Duvet days are a must sometimes. I want a duvet day but I just have too much work to do. I could get away with it when I was lower down the bossiness ranks but now I'm near the top I can't

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member PinkFairyKing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by horse View Post
    Still around, but I felt people were only posting in that number thread so I wasn't sure if I had anything worthwhile to contribute.
    It was a bit like talking to myself some days.

I'm trying to fit into another forum but it's really quite hard work, there's no moderation so people get a bit catty and it gets me down.
    Plus I've been a bit misog lately, lots of hiding under the duvet and wishing the world would go away.
    I always read your posts... Most of the time I dont have time to reply though.

LinkIn. I was told to join it for work, but it really depresses me every time it sends me an email asking me to advertise myself in some banal way.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839