Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Youtube Montages

Default Youtube Montages

Watch and comment and maybe even subscribe if you like i will subscribe to all my subscribers or post your account here.

Basically, to keep things intact, there are video montages of games, so please you're welcome to discuss these here. Apologies for having to change a few things slightly, but i'm try to preserve discussion.

~Peachy

Moderator Comment: Peachy
    Link removed under §2-N of the forum rules. You can add your Youtube channel as your homepage on your forum profile by going to User CP > Edit Your Details; then adding the link as your homepage. Also done a little edit.

Thanks
    Peachy
    Last edited by PeachyMcWiggins; 23 Jan 2011 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Advertisement

Smexy Ninja Dude Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member

Awful, awful videos. No-scoping on Black Ops looks pretty crappy.

What videos do you suggest i make

The Troublesome One Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member Tombo457's Avatar

Not bad .
    Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK
    DKx Comeback Round - Brian Fantana
    PublicEnemy UKx9 - http://i.imgur.com/l23a9.png

No advertising your YouTube account!!
    I was once on Travian before and after a long ban well...
    I'm back people joes991 is back

If you like please subscribe i will subscribe back i will be making more videos soon

What are your youtube names I want to see your videos
    Last edited by Saffy; 23 Jan 2011 at 09:01 PM.

DoctorHb Prolific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian Member

If you're looking to set yourself apart from other montage makers, and get yourself noticed, then you need to do something different. I've seen plenty of sniping montages and I've got to say they bore me. There isn't anything special about linking together several clips of you one shotting someone. It doesn't take any particular skill. It's a case of numbers - I'm sure there are plenty of clips that you didn't record where you missed the guy, or didn't get him in one.

I'd rather see a montage of you playing the objective personally. If you can dominate a team, get some good sprays along the way, or out-play some people, that means a lot more. I can stand on a barrel and try and quick-scope someone for days. Playing the objective like a bad-ass... yeah, not so easy.

A blue-black shade of love, sent from above.
    My hands are tied, two worlds alone, and this I know.
    <3

Smexy Ninja Dude Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member

Quote Originally Posted by Second Heartbeat View Post
    If you're looking to set yourself apart from other montage makers, and get yourself noticed, then you need to do something different. I've seen plenty of sniping montages and I've got to say they bore me. There isn't anything special about linking together several clips of you one shotting someone. It doesn't take any particular skill. It's a case of numbers - I'm sure there are plenty of clips that you didn't record where you missed the guy, or didn't get him in one.

I'd rather see a montage of you playing the objective personally. If you can dominate a team, get some good sprays along the way, or out-play some people, that means a lot more. I can stand on a barrel and try and quick-scope someone for days. Playing the objective like a bad-ass... yeah, not so easy.
    Mark y u so smart?

Warning - irritant!

Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member Purplejelly86's Avatar

So wait, your saying a short 3 minute clip bores you, so you would rather watch a 10 minute+ clip of someone getting killed/running around? Personally I'd find the 3 minute one the less of a bore.

Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar

I saw a cool channel today. Some russian guy with loads of guns.

And russians talk cool.

As for the montages...I agree, boring stuff. The people who get excited over a "NO SCOPE!1!1!!" are usually the ones that make them.

DoctorHb Prolific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amalgon View Post
    So wait, your saying a short 3 minute clip bores you, so you would rather watch a 10 minute+ clip of someone getting killed/running around? Personally I'd find the 3 minute one the less of a bore.
    Yeah, pretty much. Seeing someone stand there, no-scope someone. Wow. Impressive. Nice to see him standing, spinning around like a fool, while there he is losing in Demolition. Or when B needs capping in Domination. People who play for montage clips in games like these annoy me to no end. It's not skilful to me.

If he was rushing to B, or quickscoping people while defending the HQ as the last one standing, then yeah, that would be better. But linking together several clips... no. Not at all. I'd rather see someone playing the objective in an objective based game every day. All day.

If he was getting these clips while playing the game like a good team-mate would (in my opinion) then I'd like it. Give me a guy who caps flags and plays the objective over some idiot 360'ing off a building trying to get his new montage clips. It was those people who led to sniping being nerfed in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by commander View Post

And russians talk cool.

As for the montages...I agree, boring stuff. The people who get excited over a "NO SCOPE!1!1!!" are usually the ones that make them.
    FPS Russia by any chance ? Ahaha, that guy is so cool. I'm subbed to him. Dimitri, you so funny.

<3

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member blazing bob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by commander View Post

And russians talk cool.

FPSRussia probs, he be crazy.

Mm, I do agree to an extent, but I'd like to see things I can't do. I play the objective or put pressure on the other team most games, but I can't get the 360s etcetera that look meng. I'd prefer to see the trick shots, preferably in GWKs.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalgon View Post
    Not if it's SeaNanners commentating
    ~-~ I believe whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you... stranger ~-~

[21:11:42] Mark: If that's what you kids are calling it nowadays, then yes, me and your father will be "paying taxes"

Quote Originally Posted by blazing bob View Post
    FPSRussia probs, he be crazy.

Mm, I do agree to an extent, but I'd like to see things I can't do. I play the objective or put pressure on the other team most games, but I can't get the 360s etcetera that look meng. I'd prefer to see the trick shots, preferably in GWKs.

Not if it's SeaNanners commentating
    FPS Russia is awesome I love him. Especially knowing that... well, I won't ruin the fun.

And seriously? Someone doing a bounce-ladder-stall-fakey off a building and getting a collateral is cool to you? Mmm. Each to his own. People who play like that usually don't play the objective (unlike zzirGrizz, who is awesome).

And yes, SeaNanners is... ah, I love him. "Helloooo everyone, my name is SeaNanners..."

<3

And seriously? Someone doing a bounce-ladder-stall-fakey off a building and getting a collateral is cool to you? Mmm. Each to his own.
    I do find that kind of stuff quite cool, when it's just an outrageous shot, what bores me is just the same old quick scopes, especially just no-scoping which is just nubcakes.

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member blazing bob's Avatar

FPS Russia is awesome I love him. Especially knowing that... well, I won't ruin the fun.

And seriously? Someone doing a bounce-ladder-stall-fakey off a building and getting a collateral is cool to you? Mmm. Each to his own. People who play like that usually don't play the objective (unlike zzirGrizz, who is awesome).

And yes, SeaNanners is... ah, I love him. "Helloooo everyone, my name is SeaNanners..."
    I actually think they're awesome, IMO. What I don't like is knowing they're going for these no-scopes across the map every single game.
    And zzirGrizz's really quite informative, and his win/loss ratio is like 500.0 or something, he does not like losing at all.

And Tejb as well, he is my Scandinavian sweetheart "To tha face, to tha face..."
    ~-~ I believe whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you... stranger ~-~

[21:11:42] Mark: If that's what you kids are calling it nowadays, then yes, me and your father will be "paying taxes"

Quote Originally Posted by blazing bob View Post
    I actually think they're awesome, IMO. What I don't like is knowing they're going for these no-scopes across the map every single game.
    And zzirGrizz's really quite informative, and his win/loss ratio is like 500.0 or something, he does not like losing at all.

And Tejb as well, he is my Scandinavian sweetheart "To tha face, to tha face..."
    Yeah, that's what turned me off of them. Best thing about montages to me is the editing. You get some really cool stuff now-adays. Grizz plays the objective like a hero, that's what I like about him. He gets his clips while playing the objective. And the fact that he can quickscope a C4 out of the air is (mm).

I bought Tejb's single. +10 nerd points for me.

My favourite commentator has to be... Woody's Gamer-tag. Or Captain Sparkelz. Or Thunder Torro. Or EssinDEES. Too many to say

<3

On the subject of commentators and whatnot.

(Ignore the horrible shotgun whoring)

Sandy Ravage. Oh my days <3 Nothing like him getting 3 Nukes in one match because his team sucked and he had no other chance of winning the game Touché Michael, touché.

<3

Thanks for all the feedback i will try and do a objective game

Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyNinja View Post
    On the subject of commentators and whatnot.

(Ignore the horrible shotgun whoring)
    Now that's an epic cod vid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast