View Poll Results: Will you be playing T4 ??

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

52 20.88%
  • No

174 69.88%
  • Maybe

23 9.24%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will you play T4

If they dont wanna run 3.6 anymore, surely some other company will brink out a clone of it ,and we can al go spend money there instead?

or they might bring out a text/low graphic interface version of T4 for people like me who wanna play , are prepared to spend gold, but arnt interested in fluffy graphics, maps that take 10x as long to load and stupid quests....

You can simulate T4 by runing normal trav 3.6 on a really slow computer, but with tinsel and fluffy dice all over the screen, then every 10 minutes putting 10 pence into a piggy bank. also you are only allowed to click on 10 things a minute or your computer will make you wait while the screen changes. meanwhile you must pretend to be a child, and enjoy dressing your hero/doll with new clothes and doing its hair.

The One and Only Active MemberActive MemberActive Member jd*porkchop's Avatar

If there are no classic 3.6 servers then I will no longer be playing trav. T4 is a massive step in the wrong direction and turns what can be a game enjoyable for all ages into a kids game where playing barbie with your hero is more important than actually playing the game.

I have played and love travian for 3 years now, each server has been better than the last for me but to see such a massive and horrid change come to the game really saddens me.

Death to T4 long live 3.6 :p
    Winner of the "Humdinger spammer of the server award" S3 09/10
    http://forum.travian.co.uk/showthrea...e-Humdingers-p

Sig by Elektra Sky (Top of the sexy lady list this week)
    Avatar by Demonology (Top of the crazy werido list this week)
    Favourite Mod of the week is Second Heartbeat (I was bribed into saying this)

If T4 becomes the only option then I will not be playing Trav anymore, the grapics are awfull, way to pretty for my likeing The map its terrible and takes ages to load and don't even get me started on the Hero, if I wanted to play the sims I would :p
    I did try playing for about two weeks, tried to stick it out as I was curious about how it would work with the Natars all in the centre of the map but just couldn't bring myself to stick around that long, I just hope those in charge listen to it's customers and don't bother with it any longer and not just think about the extra money they can make through the gold.

New Poster

I'm afraid I won't be playing T4 either, just as I get good at 3.6 they bring out a new version I played the beta version and didn't like it one bit I hope they do keep 3.6 running or the UKx coming will be my last

I will not be playing t4, played it for a little while and couldn't stand it. Think travian would of been better coming up with an alternative end game scenario and keeping exisiting players happy aswell as meaning most new people to the game play more than one server rather than wasting their money on t4. My two pence worth.
    Last edited by Elros; 27 Jan 2011 at 03:09 PM.

Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amalgon View Post
    I won't be. I spend 16 a week minimun on this game, as i enjoy it at the moment, after playing the beta i found it horrid, focused way to much on the graphics and gold, taking the fun out of it, and you even got to wait for it to load aswell ridiculous.
    16 a week..and you're still rubbish _

/trollol

Warning - irritant!

Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member Purplejelly86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by commander View Post

/trollol
    Shurrup Man

DoctorHb Prolific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian Member

I do find it a bit amusing that people complained about T3.6 when it came out, but now that T4 is here, T3.6 is wanted. Bring on T5, people will be begging for T4 back

I've not played a T4 server properly. I'll give it a go, just have to see how it goes.

A blue-black shade of love, sent from above.
    My hands are tied, two worlds alone, and this I know.
    <3

One Man Dynasty Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Angry kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by commander View Post

/trollol
    quality post commander eat that shaun :p

I had a look on S10.com and didnt like it at all, th best bit was i could change the colour of my heroes beard. Also in times of recession more people will be sitting at home with nothing to do, so Trav should make the game more accessible to all not just for those who speand a melons (lady of the night - was changed by forum admin)pension each week on Gold.

I won't be joining a T4 server and will probably leave travian altogether and live as a hermit up a mountain.

One of the worst servers I have ever played and I lasted a grand total of 3 days.

If they change all the servers to T4 I will never return. I enjoy the classic game of Trav.

T4 bin it!

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member Ghengis666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cryos View Post
    Yes. Because it is still Travian. The goal of the game is the same. And you will still be able to get to know a lot of good people.

Besides if TGHQ sees a decline in players/gold buyers due to the dislike of T4 they would be stupid to not go back to a more favorable version of Travian
    It`ll be too late once players leave as they will start playing other games. Your first statement is comical fair play.

T4 can only be like a special server imo
    as it has a lot of different features people bored of normal (3.6) trav could go and play different versions lol
    80% no talks for itself really.. and keep in mind that half of yes's only said yes coz they think "if thats the only way to play trav than i will yes" lol

LMS

Quote Originally Posted by Second Heartbeat View Post
    I do find it a bit amusing that people complained about T3.6 when it came out, but now that T4 is here, T3.6 is wanted. Bring on T5, people will be begging for T4 back

I've not played a T4 server properly. I'll give it a go, just have to see how it goes.

It might be back Mark, but with differences, thats the attraction for it now.. though i must admit taking away the insta recall for troops was the best move Travian ever made..

For what i have seen of T4 its like big kids playing dress up with dollies with the hero carry on.. maps taking far to long to load etc.. and to be honest i cant see it getting as much players as a normal server now.. even the coms are struggling for players..

Peace ☮ Love ♥ Rawr Prolific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton Member Cryos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghengis666 View Post
    It`ll be too late once players leave as they will start playing other games. Your first statement is comical fair play.
    Personally I don't mind too much about T4. But I want to play the game with my friends and many of them will stop with T4. T4 bothers me with taking my friends away

Too Much poor change to mention, and the fact most of the changes over the last year or 2 including 3.6 have taken bits of the game away requiring skills is pathetic for a game which is supposed to and has required skill since the start (even if not much)

Its all about making stuff look nice which does not make a good game.

Playability, balance, and variety comes 1st.

Classic and 3.5 FTW

wont be playing when they set it up so you can BUY CP you know there only intrest is not in the skill or enjoyment simply how much money they can make for those playing good luck better get a morgage you will need it to survive a week in the game

Quote Originally Posted by davewan View Post
    If they dont wanna run 3.6 anymore, surely some other company will brink out a clone of it ,and we can al go spend money there instead?

or they might bring out a text/low graphic interface version of T4 for people like me who wanna play , are prepared to spend gold, but arnt interested in fluffy graphics, maps that take 10x as long to load and stupid quests....

You can simulate T4 by runing normal trav 3.6 on a really slow computer, but with tinsel and fluffy dice all over the screen, then every 10 minutes putting 10 pence into a piggy bank. also you are only allowed to click on 10 things a minute or your computer will make you wait while the screen changes. meanwhile you must pretend to be a child, and enjoy dressing your hero/doll with new clothes and doing its hair.
    Hahahaha quality.

The One and Only Active MemberActive MemberActive Member jd*porkchop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Second Heartbeat View Post

Maybe im mistaken but isnt good business strategy to exspand on your business and bring in new custom while not alienating your established client base?

3.6 had some small changes that did upset a few players but not to the point where they wouldnt play again. T4 is a totaly new game imo not a few changes. This totaly new game has almost every player i know leaving at the end of there current server.

I have already started playing other games so ive got something to switch to when T4 begins as im sure many other people are doing aswell.

If Travian is going to continue to make money and funtion as a business then at this rate they will have to make a completely new clinet base as all there loyal customers will leave. With server numbers already dropping and T4 Beta being a almighty flop i struggle to see how they will continue to make money.

I along with many other members of this forum have spent hundreds of pounds and for that steady income to overnight leave and spend our money elswhere leaves a massive hole for TGHQ to try and fill with new players.
    Winner of the "Humdinger spammer of the server award" S3 09/10
    http://forum.travian.co.uk/showthrea...e-Humdingers-p

Sig by Elektra Sky (Top of the sexy lady list this week)
    Avatar by Demonology (Top of the crazy werido list this week)
    Favourite Mod of the week is Second Heartbeat (I was bribed into saying this)

Even if the 81.97% who have said "no" (correct at time of going to press) dont return, trav HQ wont give a monkeys new players fill the gap (and coffers).

Buying CP's? What next for T5? buying instant fully developed villages?

I didn't like 3.6 when it first changed but stuck with it only because it was still a basic simple waste of time game to play T4. is a fix everything that isn't broken change to far.

I'd rather cut of my own right arm and BOTH big toes than play T4.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast