Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Meme's T4 blog

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous the third View Post
    I understood there would be a limit on confederacies with T4 but obviously I was mistaken, or the limit isn't small enough..
    yus, they said there was going to be in devblog but it never happened which is a shame as an end to metas would be a real plus.

Anonymous the third

Still quietly simming and trying not to get too bored *yawn*. Not the same when you don't play a server with some friends. My alliance has a grand total of two members now (S7 is proving much more fun)

Something I wanted to know was if it was still possible to send same second waves with firefox. I was waiting until I had built some seige but it occurred to me yesterday I could try it with any type of troops. duh!

Anyway, I tried 5 waves on my little laptop and of the 5 there was a lag for the first and a 3 sec lag for the last but the middle three were same second. That compares to between 5 and 9 same second normally, depending on the time of day. At least I know it can still be done. I want to investigate the rally point next, I understand that it shows types of troops if your rally point is above a certain level which makes fakes very expensive, especially if like me you regularly send out bunches of 5 or 7 wave cata fakes when you are targetting another player.

Anonymous the third

Haven't updated this in a while as S7 has been taking over, so I haven't really done much on this account except sim up fields, but today I have exciting news! I have elephants! Yes, that's right, four lovely beautiful elephants coming to defend my village for me :p

Weep in fear now, all you would be attackers...

I was tempted to save cages for elephants, but I went with the silver instead Keep going with the blog though. I want to see how grey zone settling is going for people.

Anonymous the third

Quote Originally Posted by Vonotar View Post
    I was tempted to save cages for elephants, but I went with the silver instead Keep going with the blog though. I want to see how grey zone settling is going for people.
    I will find out what I can. There are a lot of villages settled there, loving the names of some of them. "Please don't kill me yet" is particularly striking

Anonymous the third

Just checking out the new low resolution version of the graphics and map. The graphics look the same but simplified so if you don't like the clutter, the village layout is easier to look at.

Map - and here is the big change! It loads quickly and has the old style grid references with an option to move up/down left/right by one full screen like the 3.6 maps.

Hopefully this will make it easier for people to play on phones without losing any of the gameplay, plus anyone who just can't get on with the new style maps can use this version. Seems as if HQ actually do listen to their customers after all...

I think the centre map feature may be back in the low resolution too. It would be interesting to know if there's any change to the amount of hits per second that can be achieved between the two options as well.

Anonymous the third

Quote Originally Posted by kster View Post
    I think the centre map feature may be back in the low resolution too. It would be interesting to know if there's any change to the amount of hits per second that can be achieved between the two options as well.
    Good point - I may give that a try out tonight..

Anonymous the third

Good point - I may give that a try out tonight..
    OK, experiment results (bearing in mind I used to get 7/8 same second waves on 3.6). The most I could manage on Beta was 4, BUT using the low resolution graphics I got 7. So there is something to cheer up all you attackers out there

Looking good. I might be able to use my iphone now. Anything I did I had to just click empty spaces and pray.

Anonymous the third

And here is what happens when you play without Gold, auto evade and take your eye off the ball

http://travian-reports.net/us/report/869224a4640

My elephants are dead Need sympathy please - by the bucketload!
    Last edited by Anonymous the third; 13 Mar 2011 at 05:38 PM.

And here is what happens when you play without Gold, auto evade and take your eye off the ball

http://travian-reports.net/us/report/869224a4640

My elephants are dead Need sympathy please - by the bucketload!
    Flamin' ivory hunting Gauls :-( *hugs* to you.

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Cait's Avatar

Just checking out the new low resolution version of the graphics and map. The graphics look the same but simplified so if you don't like the clutter, the village layout is easier to look at.

Map - and here is the big change! It loads quickly and has the old style grid references with an option to move up/down left/right by one full screen like the 3.6 maps.

Hopefully this will make it easier for people to play on phones without losing any of the gameplay, plus anyone who just can't get on with the new style maps can use this version. Seems as if HQ actually do listen to their customers after all...
    Where is the low res version?
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2261602b9eb That thing!
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/442138afbca A fluffy hammer
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/845573c4010 Titch the rammer with an inferiority complex. (5x - 4 weeks - worse ram tribe)
    and for the Faffing Hammer that got away
    http://forum.travian.co.uk/showpost....80&postcount=1

Anonymous the third

Quote Originally Posted by snofooz View Post
    Where is the low res version?
    It is only available on the Beta server so far.

Anonymous the third

Wow, I can't believe this thread is still here. Several months on and nearly completed a full T4 server including building a WW. Endgame is proving very different and I am not sure I like all the changes.

The big differences at the end of all this;

1. Raiding is much easier as long as you pay for Gold Club BUT the farm list no longer tells you your profit and losses for a farm which is a feature I miss.

2. Getting same second waves is MUCH harder, cutting is much easier and so you have to be more inventive about how you set up your waves. It has been interesting watching players learn this. Some still try to put a clearer in the first wave and follow it with 5 or 6 waves after, so easy to split. Others are learning a mid wave clearer is imperative now if you are hitting an active player and don't want to lose a stack of catas.

3. Endgame is even more of a drag than before. With the WW villages in the centre, only WWk builders should be settling out in the fringes. Otherwise, feeding the WW is incredibly difficult. Added to that is the fact that there is no longer the half wheat bonus for defence together with MASSIVE natar hits and it is almost impossible to defend WWs to the level that you could on the 3.6 servers. With WWs falling much more easily and defence far more stretched it is now all about which alliance has the most WWks in the end.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678