Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best phone for travian?

My Samsung Omnia 7 does the job fine for the classic servers.
    Doesn't seem to like T4 much though...

T4 on the iPhone 4 is a pain in the butt and nearly unplayable over a 3G network
    There also seems to be graphical problems with the map and hero items.

Bizarrely when I'm using the iPhone via my wireless LAN at home it's a lot better and the graphics seem to be better, so I'm not sure why.
    Is it possibly some sort of throttling of the data over a 3G connection built into the game ?

Either way it's spoiled what I was hoping would be a great experience for me as I play a lot during the day via my mobile.

As a direct result I don't purchase gold any more until the time that the sea DO support iPhones again with T4.
    There seems little point buying it when you can't access the game fully while mobile.

If they do look at the problems and solve them, fine.
    If not it'll just mean they lose out on my money is all.
    So I'm not too bothered wither way.

Shame it's so resource hungry and not been sorted out
    Temet Nosce

The official James Bond Honoured Roman MemberHonoured Roman MemberHonoured Roman MemberHonoured Roman Member jamesb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stevieus View Post

Sometimes you people make this far too easy
    I had just come to this thread to put a picture like that on!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickyide View Post
    God, I hope they don't have cars in T5...
    I do because then you could send your settlers with removal vans!:p

Quote Originally Posted by LoOnBoY View Post
    T4 on the iPhone 4 is a pain in the butt and nearly unplayable over a 3G network
    There also seems to be graphical problems with the map and hero items.

Bizarrely when I'm using the iPhone via my wireless LAN at home it's a lot better and the graphics seem to be better, so I'm not sure why.
    Is it possibly some sort of throttling of the data over a 3G connection built into the game ?

Either way it's spoiled what I was hoping would be a great experience for me as I play a lot during the day via my mobile.

As a direct result I don't purchase gold any more until the time that the sea DO support iPhones again with T4.
    There seems little point buying it when you can't access the game fully while mobile.

If they do look at the problems and solve them, fine.
    If not it'll just mean they lose out on my money is all.
    So I'm not too bothered wither way.

Shame it's so resource hungry and not been sorted out
    Again.... I use an iphone 3GS and I have a 3G network. Everything works fine, exept it's slow.

I agree though, I am having graphical errors too, the items of the hero don't always display for some reason.

I assume the problem lies with the network providers.
    “If you are learning, it isn’t what you do or did—it’s what you do next.”
    – Ron Short

up north and down south depending on the day of the week

T4 works on the sony x10mini no problems so far except the map but atleast while im at work i can keep jumping on and building up ect

I have no personal experience and if the problem really is the phone then I wonder iif anyone has used the googlephone on it as it is supposed to have very good internet qualities
    Reading: The Aeneid, Iliad, Count of Monte Christo, Ivanhoe. Geeky? Deal with it.

Join travian

Nokia X5 is great with T4

My HTC Desire (which I love in general, especially the google maps navigation stuff) was a bit pants on old Trav. (For reasons already given.)
    It likes T4 a lot more... and all the icons and things which don't show up on my laptop appear no probs on the phone. I just need to grow a teeny tiny elf finger and I'll be laughing.

It works perfectly on the Samsung Wave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12