Thread: T4 - Are we stupid

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member baldymorph's Avatar

Default T4 - Are we stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78 View Post
    While many things haven't changed in T4, there are also many differences.
    http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/s...ad.php?t=67395

Come on Sam. I know you are a Moderator. I know that you have to follow the party line but we are not brainless robots. T4 looks LESS like travian than it does more. And you have also contradicted yourself.
    I think the players have been treated badly enough with the abomination of T4 (ignoring the shenanigans on S1) without us being taken for fools.

And yes I have a T4 account so I am speaking with experience.
    Last edited by baldymorph; 12 Feb 2011 at 01:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78 View Post
    baldy - you're a legend I can't think of anyone else with their own catchphrase on the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by C.G. View Post
    We can't afford to spare a single thread. Our mission is at a critical moment.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    What am I supposed to do with 14k rams now?? http://travian-reports.net/us/report/80720858091

I don't *have* to follow the party line :p I'm a grown up and have choices

What I will do, is try to very clearly distinguish my personal views and likes/dislikes, from the mod part of providing an area for those people who want to play T4 to find out the best strategies and to help them grasp what has and hasn't changed.

I've not played T4 for more than four days, so I'm as unsighted as many (work, four kids, OH, s1 tends to take up most of my time)

My understanding is that there are some fundamental differences - like the map (and no idea how that's gonna like my phone if I register); that the ww/natars are on the server from day 1 (and soooo many players have literally begging for a re-write of endgame); there were?/are? limitations on confeds/naps (again lost count of how many active forumites have asked for that), and a lot of things that haven't changed - troop costs, build times, artefacts, the majority of buildings.

There are also some excellent changes - I loved some of the alliance information being provided and the lil graphs you could get of your points vs. others.

The spirit I tend to take in game is that everything is sent to try us - and part of what has kept me addicted to travian is the endless scope for player driven creativity, strategy, and the competitive edge that can be gained from knowing the game mechanics fantastically well.

The bit that bothers me most is the pastel colours/map because there is nothing available yet to get round it. But under the cover it still sounds like a people orientated, almost impossible challenge to master. Everyone plays/gets hooked/stays/quits for their own reasons - and it's up to each individual to work out if what they perceive as benefits outweighs what they perceive to be the drawbacks.

But I'm not one of life's protestors (the occassional strop aside), I naturally (I think) try to make the most of the cards dealt, and work to make things better from the inside.

The official James Bond Honoured Roman MemberHonoured Roman MemberHonoured Roman MemberHonoured Roman Member jamesb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baldymorph View Post
    http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/s...ad.php?t=67395

Come on Sam. I know you are a Moderator. I know that you have to follow the party line but we are not brainless robots. T4 looks LESS like travian than it does more. And you have also contradicted yourself.
    I think the players have been treated badly enough with the abomination of T4 (ignoring the shenanigans on S1) without us being taken for fools.

And yes I have a T4 account so I am speaking with experience.
    I found the thread name funny! Below on the frontpage the headings are

T4 a new beginning
    T4 are we stupid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickyide View Post
    God, I hope they don't have cars in T5...
    I do because then you could send your settlers with removal vans!:p

Team Lead Customer Service Travian Head Office

Regardless of anyone's personal opinion about T4, there are going to be lots of new players that will have a lot of questions about T4.
    Sam's post provides a very good starting point for anyone wanting to find out more about what T4 is like, how it works etc.

Noone has forced you to read that thread, so if you don't like it, just ignore it, rather than attacking the person who spent their free time on putting together this useful piece of information.

T4 will come, that's not a secret to anyone here.

If you don't like it, then that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. It is however very poor performance to force your views on others or even personally attack them if they disagree or do their job in order to help T4 players get off to a good start.

-Thread closed-