Thread: A simple T4 guide to hero's

The official James Bond Honoured Roman MemberHonoured Roman MemberHonoured Roman MemberHonoured Roman Member jamesb's Avatar

Default A simple T4 guide to hero's

Guide to Hero's!!!
    Well this is my simple guide to hero's however I have not got any pictures yet and I may have missed something out so just tell me so I can edit it!

Hero's appearance
    Well as soon as you register you get to chose what your hero's appearance is, you can chose the:
    Head shape
    Colour of hair
    Hairstyle
    Ears
    Eyebrows
    Eyes
    Nose
    Mouth
    and if he has any facial hair!

Bonus's
    Also the bonuses that your hero gets are:
    If it is roman it gets plus 100 fighting strength when upgrade instead of 80 if it was roman or Gaul
    Gauls get +5 speed if mounted on a horse
    And the Teutons get +20% cranny bonus when the hero is raiding with the troops.

Starting up
    Then when you start you get a nice little picture of him in the top right corner so you can see your hero and what he looks like and there is 2 little tabs next to it. 1 with a picture of a little map sort of thing and the other with an auction hammer.
    We will start by clicking on your hero's face, so when you click it it comes up with a list of your hero's attributes. The attributes which you can upgrade are:
    Overall strength
    Offence bonus
    defence bonus
    and the amount of resources your hero makes in an hour which you can chose which resources he makes.
    then when you scroll down you get a picture of your hero and he wont have anything. There will be some boxes at the side of the picture where it stores things you've found in adventures. I will talk about adventures next...

Adventures
    So to get to adventures you go back to your resource tiles overview and you click the map tab then it will take you to a page where adventures show up. You get quite a lot of adventures when you start but eventually they start to dry up the further you get. On adventures you can find the following items:
    Nothing, which isn't really an item
    Resources
    Silver which is used to buy items
    A horse
    Some medicine which is used to heal your hero
    Small bandages and regular bandages which are used to revive troops
    Different helmets
    Different armours
    Left hand items
    Right hand items
    Shoes
    Cages used for trapping oasis animals to defend your village
    Scrolls
    Buckets which revive your hero instantly if equiped
    Books which you can use to reset all your attributes

Tablet of the law
    and Artwork!
    they all have different uses and when sold some sell for more silver than others

Upgrading attributes
    Next I will tell you what to upgrade first when you get your first points to upgrade with. I would upgrade the fighting strength quite a bit first before I upgrade anything else, the fighting strength will stop your hero from getting killed so easily on adventures. I will also say now that if your heros health if below 25 then i wouldn't send it on any adventures because he could be killed.

Auctions
    After you have completed 10 adventures you can take part in auctions which can be used to sell anything you don't want or buy anything you want. To get to the auction screen you can click on the little hammer tab or go to your hero and there is another tab which says Auction(s). You can convert gold to silver and silver to gold if you click on the gold picture at the top of you screen and scroll down and it will show you down there.

I think that is it, if I need to put anything else on then please tell me and pictures will hopefully be coming soon!
    Last edited by jamesb; 13 Feb 2011 at 11:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickyide View Post
    God, I hope they don't have cars in T5...
    I do because then you could send your settlers with removal vans!:p

red wolf

Items
    you made a small mistake in the items.

Bucket: they revive your hero for free if he dies and instantly.
    Book of wisdom: they reset your heros attributes

The official James Bond Honoured Roman MemberHonoured Roman MemberHonoured Roman MemberHonoured Roman Member jamesb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by red wolf View Post
    Items
    you made a small mistake in the items.

Bucket: they revive your hero for free if he dies and instantly.
    Book of wisdom: they reset your heros attributes
    Thankyou, its fixed now!

might as well say what a few of these things do
    scrolls add 10exp to your hero each

artwork gives you your daily production of cp in a day right there so if your making 60 cp per day early it gives you 60 when equpited (you still get the 60 for that day too)
    max 2500 cp for speed and 5000cp for normal

small and large bandages these heal 1 troop each up to a max of 33% that dies in the attack or 25% for small bandages so 30k die you can get 10k large bandages and they wlll revivce at your rally point

helmets many types
    healing give your hero hp per day
    cp gives you cp each day by waering
    horseman reduces the time it takes to build things in the barracks
    infantry reduces the time it take to build troops in the barracks (horseman and infantry reduce from 15% to 25%

chest plates
    healing increases the regeneration of hero each day
    scale stops a small amount of damage each battle fought in so can reduce damage from 14% to 6% or 8% to 0
    breast plate increases the fighting strength of your hero
    segmented increases fighting strength and regeneration

shoes
    healing increases the regen of your hero
    spurs increases the speed of your hero (onloy your hero not your whole army)
    speed up merc warrior or archon: increases the speed of your whole army by 50% 100% or 150% after 20 squares only so its like adding 5,10 or 15 levels to your TS

left hand
    standard increases the speed your troops move to your ally members
    pennant increases the speed of you troops between your own villages
    maps increase the return speed of your whole army by 30% 40% or 50% very useful can mean you can send cats 20 mins and they come back in 10 so 30mins overall
    natar horn increases all your troops fighting strength against natars a must for arti clearing plan clearing and ww village clearing (increases by 20% 25% or 30%)

right
    these increase your hero's strength and the troops your send with them e.g. lance of the ec increase hero by 1500 fight points and every ec gets +16 attack and +16 def
    or morning star of the club increase clubs fighting strength by +5 attack and +5 def (dont buy these too early they do come down in price)

horses
    note these only increase the speed of your hero ONLY you get a free small horse on an early adventure (i think)

hope that informative and helps someone
    mwc

Quote Originally Posted by mwc View Post
    might as well say what a few of these things do
    scrolls add 10exp to your hero each

artwork gives you your daily production of cp in a day right there so if your making 60 cp per day early it gives you 60 when equpited (you still get the 60 for that day too)
    max 2500 cp for speed and 5000cp for normal

small and large bandages these heal 1 troop each up to a max of 33% that dies in the attack or 25% for small bandages so 30k die you can get 10k large bandages and they wlll revivce at your rally point

helmets many types
    healing give your hero hp per day
    cp gives you cp each day by waering
    horseman reduces the time it takes to build things in the barracks
    infantry reduces the time it take to build troops in the barracks (horseman and infantry reduce from 15% to 25%

chest plates
    healing increases the regeneration of hero each day
    scale stops a small amount of damage each battle fought in so can reduce damage from 14% to 6% or 8% to 0
    breast plate increases the fighting strength of your hero
    segmented increases fighting strength and regeneration

shoes
    healing increases the regen of your hero
    spurs increases the speed of your hero (onloy your hero not your whole army)
    speed up merc warrior or archon: increases the speed of your whole army by 50% 100% or 150% after 20 squares only so its like adding 5,10 or 15 levels to your TS

left hand
    standard increases the speed your troops move to your ally members
    pennant increases the speed of you troops between your own villages
    maps increase the return speed of your whole army by 30% 40% or 50% very useful can mean you can send cats 20 mins and they come back in 10 so 30mins overall
    natar horn increases all your troops fighting strength against natars a must for arti clearing plan clearing and ww village clearing (increases by 20% 25% or 30%)

right
    these increase your hero's strength and the troops your send with them e.g. lance of the ec increase hero by 1500 fight points and every ec gets +16 attack and +16 def
    or morning star of the club increase clubs fighting strength by +5 attack and +5 def (dont buy these too early they do come down in price)

horses
    note these only increase the speed of your hero ONLY you get a free small horse on an early adventure (i think)

hope that informative and helps someone
    mwc
    I am probably going to make another guide on this!

Bonus hero for teuton is so bad..dun like it~~~
    asdf asdf newbie inside~~~
    -R-

I have read somewhere that the hero does not automatically defend his village. Players have to change hero's default settings.
    Where can you do this ? or was that a feature of the beta version and is no longer necessary

Quote Originally Posted by Minimax View Post
    I have read somewhere that the hero does not automatically defend his village. Players have to change hero's default settings.
    Where can you do this ? or was that a feature of the beta version and is no longer necessary
    will add that in! You go onto your hero's overview and down at the bottom it says there!

Hi everyone! I was just wondering about the 'very hard' adventures with a skull. I have 3 in my vicinity and I'm worried that if I take one on I will lose my hero. He only has 63% health from previous adventures.

Also does he slowly build up his health over time like the old travian servers? It doesn't mention it anywhere!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by phlipkid25 View Post
    Hi everyone! I was just wondering about the 'very hard' adventures with a skull. I have 3 in my vicinity and I'm worried that if I take one on I will lose my hero. He only has 63% health from previous adventures.

Also does he slowly build up his health over time like the old travian servers? It doesn't mention it anywhere!!!!

Without items your Hero regenerates 10 HP a day.

I think the adventures ratings are just to add interest. You don't (in my experience) get significantly more damage from dangerous ones. Certainly on 63% you should be ok to send your Hero on a couple as long as you have regen pauses. Also make sure that when you lvl you put the bonus into strength. On Beta most of the Heroes not surviving adventures where due to the fact that their owners had put all their points in resource or off bonus.

All the best :-)

The Troublesome One Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member Tombo457's Avatar

You don't mention how to revive a hero should it die ?
    Pablo Escobar COMx - WWK
    DKx Comeback Round - Brian Fantana
    PublicEnemy UKx9 - http://i.imgur.com/l23a9.png

Quote Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
    will add that in! You go onto your hero's overview and down at the bottom it says there!
    Well, it actually gives a checkbox to offer to hide your hero or not. I thought it was to hide your hero on your profile.

So if I check the box, the hero hides !!! The coward doesn't fight for his village ? an easy way to dodge him then if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Minimax View Post
    Well, it actually gives a checkbox to offer to hide your hero or not. I thought it was to hide your hero on your profile.

So if I check the box, the hero hides !!! The coward doesn't fight for his village ? an easy way to dodge him then if you wish.
    Yes, its like auto dodge but its free!

Default different horses?

Is there only one horse you can put your hero on, or is there a few more, faster, stronger horses out there to find?
    And if so, what number adventure would you probably find it.
    Not the exact number of adventure, that's near impossible to predict but around what number.

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman051188 View Post
    Is there only one horse you can put your hero on, or is there a few more, faster, stronger horses out there to find?
    And if so, what number adventure would you probably find it.
    Not the exact number of adventure, that's near impossible to predict but around what number.

thank you
    I believe there are 3 types of horses, you wont be able to find the next one for about 3-4 months on server 7.

Okami

I just made my second village and now I want to move my hero to my new village.

How?

Warning - irritant!

Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member Purplejelly86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Okami View Post
    I just made my second village and now I want to move my hero to my new village.

How?
    Build a hero mansion in the village, then send him from the other village to it as a reinforcement.

ElementalGoDz

How about a General Guide for T4, I would be up for that if a few others helped

Conor

Question Experience

Does anyone know the amount of experience needed for each hero level?

Warning - irritant!

Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member Purplejelly86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Does anyone know the amount of experience needed for each hero level?

That's off the Travian Answers site - http://t4.answers.travian.com/

There's more information there and might make that clearer, use the search by answering question options, and go to the following -

Troops > Hero > General

That tables about half way down the page there