Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rise of the Faeron in character

Default Rise of the Faeron ot of character

This is the Rise of the Faeron (ROTF) in character thread.

Over many eons in the world of Retha The Phoenix and it's helper ruled and peace and prosperity ruled. Many other beings of much less power yet still great came out of the ether also. But then a great catastrophe struck as an evil man slowly took over every thing until only the empire stood but the people were not afraid! The cried "The phoenix will save us! we do not fear" but then they were afraid for for the phoenix had altered itself into four humanoid beings each with great power over one of the four elements Air, Fire, Earth, and water. But with there help the hordes of the enemy were halted at the gates of the citadel and finally turned back. Over many of constant war the empire finally retook all of its lands. But at the gates the enemies dark came out and with a tongue of silver that hid a black heart he almost convinced them to turn from their path of good and as they swayed in their path he killed them. But still not all hope was lost for they had married each other and they left two children. And in the children's lifetime they too pushed back the enemy and were slaughtered at it's gates they also left not two but for children in the form of quadruplets as a result of their wedlock. They find themselves with great responsibility as they try to make an army with the help of the griffin children which are the humanoid children of the griffin there are more than fifty of them. I will further update their names as they appear.

If you want to be one of the Faeron (Phoenix children) you must be one of the first three people to apply to be one as there can only be four and I am one. You must state
    1: State your sex.
    2: Chose your elemental proficiency (There can only be one of each. Air ones have wings)
    3: Chose your name.
    4:Chose your weapon (sword, ax, halberd ect) you can have up to three of these and chose your magical weapon which has to be approved by me.
    Write your profile.

If all the Faeron spots are taken then up then you can be something else (i.e griffin child) and the differences are:
    You also choose
    Your age,
    Your race.
    The differences in existing races are: Air people do not have wings, if you chose a non magic race you may have 5 normal weapons.

My profile is:
    Name: Peleus
    Sex: Male
    Element: Fire
    Weapon(s) Sword, Ax. Magical weapon:Ruby magnifier and focus point for my magic in general.
    Description: Peleus has shortly cropped pure black locks and is already the height of most men. He is one of the kingdoms foremost swordsmen. He is beyond normal man prowess in battle because of his magical heritage and has mastered unarmed combat. He has high cheek bones and angular features. Because of his lack of formal training his magical control is limited.

If you are faeron you cannot chose your age.
    Last edited by Imperial Awesomeness; 03 Mar 2011 at 05:36 PM.
    Reading: The Aeneid, Iliad, Count of Monte Christo, Ivanhoe. Geeky? Deal with it.

Join travian

Name: Cassio
    Race: Son of the Griffin
    Weapons: Ruin. A gigantic, yet simply crafted, War Hammer. Good enough with javelins to hunt, but doesn't carry them.
    Magical item: A simple copper pendant. It gives off an aura of warmth, making even the fiercest blizzard seem like nothing. Although Cassio does not know how it came into his possesion, or even that it is enchanted, he is very protective of it.

Description:

Cassio is not the most intelligent of men, but he has wisdom where it counts. Cassio has lived his entire life is the frozen north, almost completely isolated from contact with the outside world. All he has ever known is hardship and conflict. Among most nomadic tribes of the northlands he is known as a terrible beast, only spoken of in rumours. Though he does hold allegiance to a few certain groups and has fought to defend them against stronger foes. Cassio does not enjoy the solitude of his existence but he embraces it as training. Training for a purpose he does not yet know.

Cassio has long flowing hair, as white as ice. His face and body are worn from the harshness he as endured, but to look at him as a friend is to feel safe and unperturbed by his gruff looks. To look at him as his enemy, however, is a different matter entirely. He is a giant of a man standing just shy of 7 feet tall with limbs like tree trunks. He is clad in the furs and hides of terrible beasts from the northlands, beasts that men speak of with fear in their voices. The sight of Cassio crushing the armour and bones of men with ease beneath the might of Ruin is enough to cause all but the most zealous soldiers to turn and flee.

Cassio has felt a calling, from within his very soul. A calling that he cannot ignore. He must make the long journey to the south, as a terrible evil threatens all things. Even the inhospitable wastes are not safe from the coming darkness.

It's late and I'm tired, if you want to add anything to that or change stuff I'm fine with that.

Assuming you accept it, can you think of a way to meet Cassio. Before we start or a little after, I don't mind.
    Reading: The Aeneid, Iliad, Count of Monte Christo, Ivanhoe. Geeky? Deal with it.

Join travian

Name: Eric A.K.A Savage.
    Age 18
    Element: Earth
    Weapons: his fists.
    Appearance:
    six ft 8 inches, built like a brick house, shaved head(make a bald joke, and he'll hurt you) scar on his face, square jaw, hooked nose, and knows how to form a look on his face that says "I am going to break every bone in your body."
    Bio: Drinks hard and hits even harder. Never did get along with people. Preffers solitary, and likes things quiet. He can be very stubborn though give up is not in his vocabulary.
    He got his nickname after ruthlessly pummeling a gang of thugs with out magic.
    Due to his element he is very strong. can renforce himslf by using his magic to cover his body with stone. also can do other earth related magic

Join travian

My profile is:
    Name: Peleus
    Element: Fire
    Weapon(s) Sword, Ax. Magical weapon:Ruby magnifier and focus point for my magic in general.
    Description: Peleus has shortly cropped pure black locks and is already the height of most men. He is one of the kingdoms foremost swordsmen. He is beyond normal man prowess in battle because of his magical heritage and has mastered unarmed combat. He has high cheek bones and angular features. Because of his lack of formal training his magical control is limited.

Join travian

Name: Alanaa
    Sex: Female
    Element: Water
    Weapons: A bladed-bow, made of enchanted steel. It generates its own ammuntion, out of magic, so she doesn't need to carry arrows. Also, Dragonbane - a shield enchanted with the power of water, which can protect her from any heat.
    Magical item: A wooden short stick, given to her by a witchdoctor, which Alanaa can use to channel her powers through, to restore and heal her allies

Description:Alanaa has a delicate body - her features are finely chiselled, her whole appearance one of quietness and timidness. She has blonde hair, which falls to her shoulders, and a quiet - but musical - voice, which she doesn't use enough. She is extremely reclusive - not often sharing how she feels or what she thinks, despite her reasonable intelligence. She is often reluctant to smile, for she has lead a harsh life. Her eyes are that of the deepest blue - resembelant to the water which she represents.

Despite her reclusiveness, and appeared hostility, Alanaa is kind and gentle, however, she is reluctant to show this - her past has taught her that if you let your guard down to people, you get hurt. She wears modest clothes, and is rather tall and thin - about 5' 11". She always carries her bow with her, slung across her back. Alanaa is known as the 'Arrow of the west' - fo her amazing marksmanship, and her western beginnings - where her talent as a marksman was first discovered.

Not great, but will it do?
    EDIT: BTW, trying to develop my writing skills by going for a more difficult, 'alien' part - I'm going to see if I can empathise effectively, by putting myself in the role of someone completely opposite to me: that being, quiet, kind, gentle, and a woman

Join travian

Peleus' story
    At age 8 Peleus son of the Phoenix was separeted from his 3 siblings at age 7 and a half and had to fend for himself until the wolves found him that is...

Peleus age nine had had a wild look in his eyes as he ran through the forest a large knife was in his right hand and a ruby in his left. Fire danced at the edges of his hands and he looked desperate and scared. Suddenly as he was running we felt a strange tugging in his gut pulling him towards the deep woods. Slowly green eyes were continually poking out at him. When he finally reached a clearing a great wolf leaped out its back reached 5 feet height (1 foot equals 305 mm). Peleus desperately looked around his knife clenched so hard his knuckles turned white. He said with a hint of pride even in his desperate situasion "Don't do attack me I can do...things. Stay away"

The wolf smiled and the words formed in his head "True prince you will one day be unequaled in your skill but now in your untrained state do you think you can defy me? " as he said this 10 other wolves appeared and Peleus answered unknowingly answering in the same unspoken speech.

"How do you know this who are you...who am I?

The wolf smiled and answered "I am Orthfen king of the Etherial Great Lupians. And you...you are many things" as he said this he bent down into a submissive posture and slowly every wolf did the same. Not knowing what to do Peleus slowly bent down on one knee. Rise Prince I am your servant wishing to fulfill the destiny of the Great Lupians and teach the ways of Maegyc and...Fire as Orthfen said this he slowly rose.

What do you mean maegyc?

Orthfen replied Maegyc is magic of the highest sort used only be the Etherial beings and you are its prince. Using body language and tail signals he to communicate with his fellow wolves he finally said to Peleus Come and I will teach you all I know about maegyc and you will teach Nosker my son everything you learn and know he said gesturing to a young wolf who looked about Peleus age. You will find he will age at the same rate as you as all Etherial beings have the same lifetime Orthfen commented seeing Peleus' questioning look.

The years went quickly and Peleus learnt much and taught much. Nosker became his constant companion and rarely left his side. On the dawn of Peleus' sixteenth birthday he loaped in long strides with Nosker beside him as he headed towards his forge. And then he suddenly said in the strangge unspoken language he now used so much No not today I have other things i want to do. I need to get a weapon a real weapon as he said this he veered off his path towards the clearing he had first gone to when he had met the wolves. When he arrived Orthfen was there sitting and he said I knew this day would come and now it has He continued Now I must give us our greatest treasure that was never truly ours. He slowly stared at the ground the ground and Peleus sensed a rush of power. A bundle appeared and the Orthfen gestured toward the bundle saying It is yours now. Slowly Peleus gripped it and unwrapped it to reveal a stick of mahogany, a metal sword handle, and a chunk of ruby. He picked it up and slowly he lost consciousness and was surrounded by a wall of flame when he appeared in his hand there was a sward and an Ax with the blades of solid stone and they released a strange red glow of power. Peleus raised his head to Orthfen and said I must go to find my siblings and fulfill my destiny Orthfen looked at him and said Set forth my King ... and my son Then Nosker asked May I acompany him father? Orthfen replied Yes if our King says yes Peleus replied If by King you mean me then please may Nosker come? The company will do me well on my hard journey.

Only a few hours later he set off with Nosker at his heel on the trail of destiny.

Is it OK? Took me forever to write. Sorry it is not really edited.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    The journey

Bounding and leaping Peleus and Nosker covered ground quickly. The call never left him always calling him to the imperial city last standing capital not under the enemy's authority.
    Every night as he set up his camp he would practice his weapon skills and power over all kinds of magic but mostly he focussed on maegyc this he did with Nosker.

The days went quickly and he traveled never ceasing to run as if the wind was pursuing him. He stayed at towns when he could and in the larger of them he sometimes fought with knights and local nobility who were eager to prove their prowess for this handsome regal stranger.

Needless to say they never won for he had become a master of weapons and magic few could equal his prowess in battle now. But could he check his pride and not doupt himself long enough to destroy the evil that covered the land?

The next day the Imperial city came up over the horizon and suddenly he knew the battle had begun for before they could fight the black evil he must first purge the corruption and deciet that now covered the imperial courts.

Slowly he entered the mighty gates of the citadel and entered into the flowing current of destiny.
    Last edited by Imperial Awesomeness; 04 Mar 2011 at 11:01 AM.

Join travian

OOC:....can I get someone else to do mine? cuz I'm not so good with the long posts.
    Sleeping dragon! you like to type a lot! And I am way too lazy, I mean busy to do this.

On second thought...I'll just figure something out.
    See you in six months...because that's how long it'll take me to right all that.

BIC:

Eric

It all began, in a time, when things made slightly more sense when they do now.
    A guy was born, and he was called Eric.
    For awhile, he was stuck with three other people who apparently were related to him I guess. Intill they were seperated by something that I wasn't really paying attention to!
    So heended up in a city...and then his care taker was trampled by a horse which left him by himself, intill he ended up in the orphanage!
    He was often bullied by the older kids, then he beat the ever loving crap out of them and ran away, but was always sent back because, lets face it, he was easy to find.
    When he tunred fourteen he found out he could manipulate rocks and dirt with his mind. Then he accidently destroyed the orphanage.
    So he ran away after that. Started learning to use his powers, and sometimes was hired by people to help with landscaping.
    When he was sixteen he realised his hair was all the time getting in his eyes. so he shaved it, started working out, and ran into a gang of thugs who happened to start a fight with him. then he beat them all down in to submission. Turns out there was a bounty on those guys heads. So he got payed for beating people up.
    Thus beginning a new life for Eric Savage.
    Now he's seventeen and about to embark on something incredibly great adventure with his long lost sibling of other elemental magic.

OOC: That's all I got.
    Last edited by Freak Show.; 06 Mar 2011 at 05:13 PM.
    This post was sponsored by Erknen Studios

I believe that us Americans are mentally designed to be too lazy...I mean busy to do anything

Join travian

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Show. View Post
    OOC:....can I get someone else to do mine? cuz I'm not so good with the long posts.
    Sleeping dragon! you like to type a lot! And I am way too lazy, I mean busy to do this.

On second thought...I'll just figure something out.
    See you in six months...because that's how long it'll take me to right all that.

BIC:

Eric

It all began, in a time, when things made slightly more sense when they do now.
    A guy was born, and he was called Eric.
    For awhile, he was stuck with three other people who apparently were related to him I guess. Intill they were seperated by something that I wasn't really paying attention to!
    So heended up in a city...and then his care taker was trampled by a horse which left him by himself, intill he ended up in the orphanage!
    He was often bullied by the older kids, then he beat the ever loving crap out of them and ran away, but was always sent back because, lets face it, he was easy to find.
    When he tunred fourteen he found out he could manipulate rocks and dirt with his mind. Then he accidently destroyed the orphanage.
    So he ran away after that. Started learning to use his powers, and sometimes was hired by people to help with landscaping.
    When he was sixteen he realised his hair was all the time getting in his eyes. so he shaved it, started working out, and ran into a gang of thugs who happened to start a fight with him. then he beat them all down in to submission. Turns out there was a bounty on those guys heads. So he got payed for beating people up.
    Thus beginning a new life for Eric Savage.
    Now he's eighteen and about to embark on something incredibly great adventure with his long lost sibling of other elemental magic.

OOC: That's all I got.
    ((He is 17 sorry))

Join travian

OOC:Fixed....

It is better I like it Sorry it took so long to start the thing but I am traveling and don't have much time.

Join travian

In character as Peleus.

Peleus crossed the harbor of Atlantis knowing full well that he would meet his siblings there and many others. He decided to pass as a wandering magician which he was really but more of a maegycian he thought happily and would pass Nosker off as a Norseman herder ((I have a German shepherd and they are amazing dogs but look a lot like wolves))that would assist him in his act. The inn he stayed at had good business and they liked his act which was mainly making things move without touching them and other such things. He was given free food and a free night by the inn-keeper and he slept well only to be awoken the next morning to rather interesting things.

Join travian

Peleus walked out of the inn the next morning to see people shouting and yelling and pointing at a girl flying in the sky. He said to her as she landed "I came a day earlier than usual because the ship had fair winds all the way ((Alaana should make better time in boats because of being able to control water currents)) and I think that we should make our way to the imperial palace" Let us go.

Join travian

"Breaking through a wall!" shouted the Eric as he broke though a wall...with somebody's head.
    He was in a fight...again....with a lot of people...again.

Peleus jumped through the wall gracefully landing a back flip jabbed out his sword spun around disarmed the next attacker and before anyone else could join the fight and the rest stopped staring he jabbed the but of his sword into Eric's head not before Eric said "Show off" and blacked out. Peleus looked down and said: "Sorry but you would have made even more enemies and we really don't need that...Brother"

Join travian

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial Awesomeness View Post
    Peleus jumped through the wall gracefully landing a back flip jabbed out his sword spun around disarmed the next attacker and before anyone else could join the fight and the rest stopped staring he jabbed the but of his sword into Eric's head not before Eric said "Show off" and blacked out. Peleus looked down and said: "Sorry but you would have made even more enemies and we really don't need that...Brother"
    Eric got up.
    "Yeah that's not gonna work." said Eric "And don't call me brother you religious nut."

"Since when was I a religious nut? I by the way I am one third of the reason you came to Atlantis Brother and I assure you I am your biological brother...Eric" Peleus answered. ((I am off for the night as I only have electricity 2 hours a day and it will turn off in a few minutes.))

Join travian

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial Awesomeness View Post
    "Since when was I a religious nut? I by the way I am one third of the reason you came to Atlantis Brother and I assure you I am your biological brother...Eric" Peleus answered. ((I am off for the night as I only have electricity 2 hours a day and it will turn off in a few minutes.))
    "...You don't work for Gozalla do you? he's one of those mind trick weirdos that would do this thing."

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member mighty cheese's Avatar

3 years previously

The island was all she knew. A small island - dwarfed by the gigantic Ostia, which lay just on the horizon, seperated only by a stretch of ocean. Found on the rocks, lying just off the coast of the pathetic landmass, Alanaa had only ever been off the island once, as far as she could remember. But now, there was nothing left for her here. No-one to live with. No-one to love. Alanaa reflected rather gloomily, as the trading sloop ducked into the ocean depths, as another wave hit. The movement of the water calmed Alanaa somewhat. She had always felt at home in the water. It was because, Witchdoctor said, she was blessed with the maegyc of water - she was extremely lucky. But right now, Alanaa felt all but lucky

Ah, Witchdoctor. Her mother. Her mentor. The only one willing to take her in, to nurture her - to teach her in the ways of the ancient, dangerous maegyc. And she was gone. In an instant, removed from the very planes of life. It can take only a moment, to utterly destroy someone's life Alanaa mused to herself, as her mind drifted once more back to memories of the island life.

It was a Monday - the start of a new working week. Witchdoctor called Alanaa from her chamber early - Alanaa slowly rose from her straw bed, washed her face in a cool stone basin, and dressed. She then walked through the hole in the wall which represented what some would call a 'door', to the main room. 3 rooms led off from the main; the kitchen, Witchdoctor's bedroom, and Alanaa's own. Here, in the main room, was a collection of people - as usual. All wore an injury of some sort. Witchdoctor tended to some, whilst Alanaa the others - as it always had been.

Alanaa approached her first patient - broken wrist, simple. Alanaa closed her eyes, and dipped her fingers in a ceramic bowl of water, which lay beside her. She daubed the wound with water, as her brow creased with concentration. There was a pop, then a crack. And the bone healed.
    One down She counted mentally, and another patient moved into the seat which the healed had left.

Then, there was a cry behind her. She turned, and saw Witchdoctors face - there was no need to explain, she knew what had happened. A death. Witchdoctor pulled out her instruments to protect the body from the insane ghouls, which preyed on the souls of the dead. A young boy this time. By his face, Alanaa guessed he was only 9. She silently prayed for his safe passasge to the afterlife. And then there was a commotion. The boys father stood, and pointed at Witchdoctor, and began to shout - accusing her. Then there was a flash of steel. And Witchdoctor fell. Screams. Panic. All drowned out. Frozen, Alanaa watched as her Witchdoctor slumped to the ground, bleeding. The dagger had pierced her heart.

The father realised his terrible deed, and fled from the hut, leaving the place empty - all the patients had left, following the attack. Alanaa approached Witchdoctor, tears in her eyes, and fell to the ground beside her. "Please," She cried, "Please, Don't die. I have nothing else." Witchdoctor smiled, and murmured the reply "Don't be a fool, you have everything. You are gifted. Seek your siblings, and may that which was lost be reborn." A single tear - of pain, or perhaps even joy, rolled down Witchdoctors weathered face. "In..." Witchdoctor paused, to take a long breath "In my room, under the bed, there is a chest. The... key" She paused again, and pulled a key from her breast. "Take what's in there. And may it help guide your destiny." Witchdoctor took a final pause - tried to take a breath, that just didn't come. Then the light and mirth left her eyes, and she seemed to deflate. She was dead.

After performing the rituals to make sure Witchdoctor made it to the second life, Alanaa stumbled into the doctor's room, tears blurring her vision; key in hand, and unlocked the chest. In it, a bow unlike any she'd seen before. It was made of a silver-ey orange material, which glistened in every imaginable colour. She picked it up slowly, in awe, her sorrows momentarily forgotten. It felt like it fit her hands perfectly. As if it were made for her. Also in the chest, was a map of the mainland. Nothing special. The only notable difference from any other map was a large, red cross over Atlantis - the imperial capital. And next to it, in the same blood-red ink, "May your aim always be true, Chid of the Faeron", in the unmistakable script of Witchdoctor.

Alanaa left the building for the last time, and lit a torch. She then threw it against the hut, which caught within seconds.
    No turning back She thought, then wandered off, unsure where she was going.

And now she was here. Riding the sea in a merchant ship, the only real leads to any possible future being a bow and a map.

A month previously

Alanaa checked her hood again - it was up. Even for a reknowned fighter such as herself, walking around Ostia with her feminity revealed would be a death note for her virginity - one of the drawbacks of living in a coastal town, filled with brigands, sailors, and other 'rough' men. Her silver bow was slung across her back - it was, she found, quite safe to leave it exposed - if anyone tried to take it, they'd get a nasty suprise. Alot had changed in the last couple of years. Alanaa was famous. She was called 'The Arrow of the West', and various other names - some said she was one of the most true marskman to of ever lived. She had avenged Witchdoctor - her killer probably still lay facedown in the muck of one of the many back alleys of Ostia. And now she was leaving the city. She didn't know why, but she felt a sudden compulsion to follow the map left to her by Witchdoctor, her old tutor. To follow it to the imperial city, of Atlantis.

The horse was perfect - a jet black stallion, muscular yet agile. Well, I certainly paid enough She grumbled to herself - she had spent almost all of her money on her horse, and probably only just had enough to get her to the city. And with that thought, she swung onto the horse, gave it a sharp kick in the ribs, and rode out of Ostia, into the horison.

Present Day:

The imperial city looked alot like Ostia, from the outside, Alanaa thought. The same dirt stained, once white-brick walls. The same giant wooden gates, with almost the same bored-looking guardsmen. She passed through without a trouble, gliding through gracefully on her new horse - a white mare - the journey had proved too arduos for her stallion, so she had 'traded' him for the sturdy looking mare, at a farmstead along the way. Alanaa approached a stable - almost immediately on her left as she entered the city. She simply dismounted and left the horse in the stable - she had no use for it now - because inside the city, was her 'destiny'. Alanaa scoured the city for the remaining hours of the day, and found nothing - so retired to a inconspicous-looking inn for the night. Upon purchasing a room, she stripped off her worn travelling clothes, and removed from her worn rucksack a modest fighters shirt, a pair of trousers, and a hair tie. After a quick bath, she donned the new clothes, feeling revived.

Alanaa descended into the hearthroom of the inn, and sat infront of a large fire, surrounded by noise and drunkards. Something which would've scared her, only 3 years ago. Now it was 'normal'. Then she felt a rough hand grab her, in a place that made her blush. She quickly spun, grabbed the arm, and twisted until it broken, then swung a killer kick into her assailiant's crotch. He fell down - the cloud of liquor-breath falling with him. The room went quiet, as the man fell. He was almost 7', and Alanaa had floored him with easy. No need to cause more of a ruckus She thought resignantly, and retired to her chamber, to get the first decent sleep she had had in ages.
    Last edited by mighty cheese; 08 Mar 2011 at 07:44 PM.

((Maybe I am talking to Eric and Serena and Alaana are talking to each other)) It really is me Eric it is me Peleus the one you would bully then I would run away way faster than you and hit you over the head with a stick! As he said this he saw Alaana neatly dispose of a drunk man and thought to himself 'What is it about my siblings always attacking everyone they see?'

Join travian

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast