Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefox 4

Feared by Chuck Norris Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member nosim's Avatar

Default Firefox 4

Downloaded and installed FF4, what the hell? did I just install a new version of Google Chrome or FireFox?

Have not noticed any speed increase but it is meant to be much faster. Personally I think Chrome has unnerved them that is why FireFox 4 looks more like chrome then previous Firefox's. Chrome starting to dominate?

I will get used to the new layout I'm sure can change back also apparently.

Peace ☮ Love ♥ Rawr Prolific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton Member Cryos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nosim View Post
    Downloaded and installed FF4, what the hell? did I just install a new version of Google Chrome or FireFox?

Have not noticed any speed increase but it is meant to be much faster. Personally I think Chrome has unnerved them that is why FireFox 4 looks more like chrome then previous Firefox's. Chrome starting to dominate?

I will get used to the new layout I'm sure can change back also apparently.

Err, Firefox looks more like opera than chrome.

Chrome sucks. Whenever I open Chrome it only says "Page unavailable" No matter what I do.

ElementalGoDz

You can change back, yes, but Firefox 4 is more secure, if you would like to convert back I will provide a link. But I would prefer Google Chrome & FF4 over FF3 personally. FireFox 4 is also less lightweight than chrome, but Chrome is faster imo.

I use Opera when I have low bandwidth and disable IE9.

I use the following browsers:
    - Firefox
    - Chrome
    - Opera
    - Safari

All for different things
    like sitters, and stuff
    Last edited by ElementalGoDz; 01 Apr 2011 at 02:44 PM.

Feared by Chuck Norris Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member nosim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cryos View Post
    Err, Firefox looks more like opera than chrome.

Chrome sucks. Whenever I open Chrome it only says "Page unavailable" No matter what I do.
    That might not be Chromes fault however, as its most likely something stopping it from accessing the internet such as a firewall.

Yeah your right, it does look a lot more like Opera but still a striking resemblance to Chrome.

They had their own unique format, why change it

Quote Originally Posted by ElementalGoDz View Post
    You can change back, yes, but Firefox 4 is more secure, if you would like to convert back I will provide a link. But I would prefer Google Chrome & FF4 over FF3 personally. FireFox 4 is also less lightweight than chrome, but Chrome is faster imo.

I use Opera when I have low bandwidth and disable IE9.

I use the following browsers:
    - Firefox
    - Chrome
    - Opera
    - Safari

All for different things
    like sitters, and stuff
    Its ok will just get used to it, just like the new facebook layout, new skype, windows live and youtube layouts

Peace ☮ Love ♥ Rawr Prolific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton Member Cryos's Avatar

That might not be Chromes fault however, as its most likely something stopping it from accessing the internet such as a firewall.

Yeah your right, it does look a lot more like Opera but still a striking resemblance to Chrome.

They had their own unique format, why change it
    Opera for one is a better browser than Firefox, so they may have changed it as to give the image of being the same as Opera.

Edit: Trust me,, I have checked everything and tried everything and Chrome doesn't work. When I first installed it all was good then suddenly one day that change :/

I used Firefox until it started going ridiculously slow for some unknown reason, so installed Chrome instead. Really glad I did now as it's more lightweight than Firefox/everything else, and obviously faster. I'm not sure what else you'd want from a browser, but that's enough for me.

All the top browsers are very good (FF/Chrome/Safari/Opera/not IE) it comes down to personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Destine View Post
    I used Firefox until it started going ridiculously slow for some unknown reason, so installed Chrome instead. Really glad I did now as it's more lightweight than Firefox/everything else, and obviously faster. I'm not sure what else you'd want from a browser, but that's enough for me.
    Chrome is no good. Its fast and that is all it has.

You can't do tab attacks for one.

You can't double click and a new tab opens :/

ElementalGoDz

Chrome is actually 120MB and FF is 15MB so FF is more lightweight

You can, well I can

Chrome is a decent browser. Its fast, clean, uses few resources and does have chrome extensions like FF add ons. Not everyone wants a browser for Travian.

Chrome would be my choice for chiefing anyway, it is less likely to lag.

Yeah, you can open one with a single click instead. You've just taken a dislike to Chrome because it hasn't worked out for you. :p

I meant aesthetically, although I did kind of cover that already with 'less clustered'.

I think he means system resources, not a good test but at the moment with 4 tabs open each (forum) Chrome is using 30'000 FF 100'000.

I think he means system resources, not a good test but at the moment with 4 tabs open each (forum) Chrome is using 30'000 FF 100'000.
    I think he's technologically illiterate and has no idea what those numbers are, but I'll go along with that if it means I'm right.

You can, well I can
    You can what exactly?

Chrome is a decent browser. Its fast, clean, uses few resources and does have chrome extensions like FF add ons. Not everyone wants a browser for Travian.

Chrome would be my choice for chiefing anyway, it is less likely to lag.
    With or without Travian I would use Firefox. I never get issues with firefox. It always works, never crashes. It gives you a wide arrange of search engines which you can choose from.

Chrome does not have the wide variety of extensions like firefox does. I use about 7 or so extensions on firefox and last I checked you cant get them on Chrome.

Yeah, you can open one with a single click instead. You've just taken a dislike to Chrome because it hasn't worked out for you. :p

I meant aesthetically, although I did kind of cover that already with 'less clustered'.
    Uhmm, I have used Chrome for quite a while. And no, you can't open it with one click. I don't go to the "New Tab" button bc it takes longer. All I do is double click on the tab area, the tab opens and I can type whatever into the bar.

I think he's technologically illiterate and has no idea what those numbers are, but I'll go along with that if it means I'm right.
    Well, if you have seen some of his others posts than yes you can see he is quite illiterate when it comes to tech.

I don't go to the "New Tab" button bc it takes longer.
    Stopped reading there. How can it take longer? Do you miss?

Stopped reading there. How can it take longer? Do you miss?
    Nah, I work fast on the computer. For me it is faster to double click in the area than to take time to find and click the new tab button

ElementalGoDz

My Computer has 32000 for Chrome and 40,000 for FF, so I suppose.

Cuttlefish Tamer
    Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member

So far FF4 has just been slow and often unresponsive for me. I have some add-ons on here though which are very useful and one isn't available on older versions so I guess I'm putting up with it until they fix it

Synyster Gates is my spirit animal tbh

Just use the middle button to open in a new tab, muchhhhhhhhhhhh easier.

I think that too...

Firefox lover here, I like the themes and firefox 4 does seem ok, but I like 3.6 atm
    'If you can't walk, you crawl, and if you can't do that, you get someone to carry you'

Forum Rules
    | My dA Gallery

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast