Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft

Senior Roman MemberSenior Roman MemberSenior Roman Member Nickyide's Avatar

Just got the game, and I've gotta say, it's amazingly addicting. I just built a floating island in the sky

EDIT: Sent you a PM asking about your server, I got this message in return:
    nosim has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.
    Looks like you've gotta clean out your mailbox
    Here are some signature tutorials: Click here,and here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacticus View Post
    what are you talking about? Travian's much more important than life

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

Now I remember this game, it's the one Taulphin pointed out years ago (he seems to know a lot about games before they
    are famous).
    Except back then it looked a bit naff - this one still looks naff, but acceptably so.

The actual gameplay is amazing, the sort of thing the Wii console promised to deliver but failed to.

I've now made an underground cave house with lots of balconies, a stairway up to a castle - it's great to go up there when it's raining and hearing the rain on the wooden roof, looking at zombies by torchlight.
    I've got a nice stairway down to a mine system, although it does flood a lot. I can't believe the amount of coal it takes to do anything, especially when I only rarely come across blocks of 6 or so

tips so far:

don't hack at blocks if they drop from the ceiling, it floods
    don't carry everything, you lose it all if you die (my precious iron ! whaaaah )
    hack all the leaves down, they release saplings and you can then plant trees closer to home
    if exploring tunnels, place a sand block after you, it limits flooding and being chased by zombies

Feared by Chuck Norris Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member nosim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nickyide View Post
    Just got the game, and I've gotta say, it's amazingly addicting. I just built a floating island in the sky

EDIT: Sent you a PM asking about your server, I got this message in return:

Looks like you've gotta clean out your mailbox
    Cleaned it out, but having a bit of an issue with the new update. They messed this one up

The server is updated to 1.6 but seems so laggy to me.

The map of the server itself it pretty awesome however, right next to the spawn I found a cave system pretty early on, there is a load of skeletons down their guarding some treasure, I'm too much of a chicken to go clear it :p so built a few doors in case I wanted to go back or someone else wanted to take a shot. Could maybe do a team raid on it at one point :p

North Yorkshire, on the coast. Tis lovely.

I am very tempted to get this soon to say the least, it could be something that could keep my occupied... just need to ensure I can afford it.

Feared by Chuck Norris Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member nosim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeachyMcWiggins View Post
    I am very tempted to get this soon to say the least, it could be something that could keep my occupied... just need to ensure I can afford it.
    Well I am always naughty when it comes to software and PC games, haven't actually paid for one in years

But I will pay for it soon, they deserve the money unlike the huge corporations that charge games 40 or so when they come out.

It is rather cheap also, 14.95, about 13. You could buy a Xbox/PS3 game for 30 and complete it within a day, this has so much replay value its unreal. You can spend hours a week on it if you really like it. And once you buy it now you get all the updates that come along in future.

Master Blaster

Well i have downloaded it and bought it and have had nothing but headaches... collected wood, made a work bench and yet cant access the workbench screen ??? I drop it on the floor and all i can do is pick the blasted thing up again ? same happens with dirt when i try and block myself in a cave ??????

Quote Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
    Well i have downloaded it and bought it and have had nothing but headaches... collected wood, made a work bench and yet cant access the workbench screen ??? I drop it on the floor and all i can do is pick the blasted thing up again ? same happens with dirt when i try and block myself in a cave ??????
    You press the right click to access the workbench and other things like it.

If that doesn't work, force your game to update as you log in, the newest update that fixed a load of problems in 1.6 just come out only a few hours ago!

DoctorHb Prolific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian Member

Check this out too - http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tu...nner%27s_guide

Quite helpful

A blue-black shade of love, sent from above.
    My hands are tied, two worlds alone, and this I know.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by nosim View Post
    The map of the server itself it pretty awesome however, right next to the spawn I found a cave system pretty early on, there is a load of skeletons down their guarding some treasure, I'm too much of a chicken to go clear it :p so built a few doors in case I wanted to go back or someone else wanted to take a shot. Could maybe do a team raid on it at one point :p
    On the 2nd world I created, I spawned on top of a floating island in the sky, I couldn't get down though (at the time I didn't think of using the dirt from the island to get down) so I deleted it and started a new one.
    Anyway, I could take a shot at it
    Usually if I'm exploring a cave and I have something that I really don't want to lose (diamond tools for example), I'll turn on peaceful mode until I get out.

/please do not advertise illegal methods of downloading software.
    Last edited by Avi; 29 May 2011 at 03:37 PM.

On the 2nd world I created, I spawned on top of a floating island in the sky, I couldn't get down though (at the time I didn't think of using the dirt from the island to get down) so I deleted it and started a new one.
    Anyway, I could take a shot at it
    Usually if I'm exploring a cave and I have something that I really don't want to lose (diamond tools for example), I'll turn on peaceful mode until I get out.

/please do not advertise illegal methods of downloading software.
    I lost 2 compasses yesterday, by falling from a huge tower I was making as a sort of beacon to where my massive mine is. I really should have saved one

Need to find some water reeds to make paper for a map, so might go exploring more after I have found the redstone to make another compass.

I'm going to make a spawning area later on, for now you will probably spawn on top of a tree like me.

Master Blaster

Damn. i was all proud of myself cause i worked out how to but a door on my gaff !!!!! compass sounds cool. im forever losing my gaff and get stuck in the open and have to bury myself in somewere

DoctorHb Prolific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian Member

How're people doing, achievement wise? I'm still yet to do the one where you make a pig fly off a cliff

Also, in terms of the next updates, taken from Notch's Twitter:

"I'm feeling very motivated. Minecraft Beta 1.7 wil be the Adventure Update (or similar). The rumors of Minecraft: Source are false."

So I'm already excited for that

<3

I think I have hit the center of the world, loads of lava lakes very deep down, finding a bit of diamond down there but red stone is abundant near lava it seems, mined about 160 redstone so far

Means I can go exploring for stuff to make paper with and finding my way back with the compass.

I found a super cave about two days ago filled with awesome stuff, I came out with at least 500 iron, 200 gold, 500 redstone, and 64 diamond ^_^
    I now have a shiny new set of diamond tools!

I found a super cave about two days ago filled with awesome stuff, I came out with at least 500 iron, 200 gold, 500 redstone, and 64 diamond ^_^
    I now have a shiny new set of diamond tools!
    How far did you have to dig down to find that? past the lava pits?

All I have is a diamond pick and sword, have to stick with iron Armour for now

I didn't have to dig at all, I was cutting down a tree next to my spawnpoint and I saw a hole in the wall where the bottom part of the tree was, so I dug the opening out a little bit so I could get in then I built a ladder so I could get down (it was too far to jump down from).

Do others get gravel beaches? Or is it just me? I seem to find large expanses of area that are just gravel, perhaps with dirt on them. Basically where I'd expect to find sand

Edit: Also, has anyone found a random Nether portal in the wilderness? I stumbled across one a few days ago. I certainly didn't build it and it confused the hell out of me.
    Last edited by Second Heartbeat; 30 May 2011 at 12:30 AM.

<3

Tinkerballa

This game seemed a wonderfully geeky thing for me to play, but it won't let me register Every time I've tried over the past few days it's come up as a server error

Quote Originally Posted by Second Heartbeat View Post
    Do others get gravel beaches? Or is it just me? I seem to find large expanses of area that are just gravel, perhaps with dirt on them. Basically where I'd expect to find sand

Edit: Also, has anyone found a random Nether portal in the wilderness? I stumbled across one a few days ago. I certainly didn't build it and it confused the hell out of me.
    Wow, a random Nether portal... spooky. Apparently if you build on in the Nether to get back it spawns one randomly in the world as well. Also, has anyones minecraft froze and when you reopened the save it's dark and you loose health? This happened to me yesterday and I lost 2 diamond picks, loads of iron and a bit of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Second Heartbeat View Post

Nether portal? need to find one of them

Gravel is used on beaches sometimes, sand is more common. Could be a bad seed for you maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerballa View Post
    This game seemed a wonderfully geeky thing for me to play, but it won't let me register Every time I've tried over the past few days it's come up as a server error
    Did you do it here? http://www.minecraft.net/register.jsp

People I know was able to register fine today...

Quote Originally Posted by 93ross View Post
    Wow, a random Nether portal... spooky. Apparently if you build on in the Nether to get back it spawns one randomly in the world as well. Also, has anyones minecraft froze and when you reopened the save it's dark and you loose health? This happened to me yesterday and I lost 2 diamond picks, loads of iron and a bit of gold.
    That hasn't happened to me but I have had to reinstall some files to fix the sound 3 times.

Minecraft isn't perfect yet

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast