View Poll Results: Do you think this is a good idea?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I can see the benefit of this idea

9 90.00%
  • No - This change isn't necessary

1 10.00%

Thread: 'Watch' feature and End Time for Auctions

Default 'Watch' feature and End Time for Auctions

Watching Auctions

Currently you are only able to add an auction to your My Bids page by bidding on it. This presents a problem to two types of players.

Type 1: the buyer; a player who is trying to bid on multiple items but must put a heavy silver bid on the first item and wait to see if they win before returning their silver and letting them bid on the next. They have seen items they want but can't 'pin them' unless they have copious amounts of silver to add them to the bid page.

Type 2: the seller; a player who is waiting to sell an item but wants to know how much the same type of item is being sold for at auction. They want to gauge the interest and decide if it is worth selling and when, but they can't be online all the time to watch every auction finish. In particular an auction is finishing at 4:50am reaching bids of 75,000 silver. The player doesn't have a high enough amount to add this auction to the bids page. They also don't want to purchase the item, but to add it to this page they must commit silver.

So I am proposing a small icon of a pair of spectacles which allows you to watch an item. Watching an item will add it to your My Bid page without you needing to bid silver on it for it to appear on this page.

In addition to watching the item, you also want an improved set of data on the My Bid page to show the time the auction finishes. This helps you to see when the peak prices are paid and when is the best time to sell at the highest and buy at the lowest a certain type of item.

Currently the auction end time is only displayed on the Sell page, whereas the My Bid page only displays 'finished'. I would like for the My Bid page to look like this below, also showing finish times:

Please vote if you enjoy this idea above in the poll
    Last edited by Avi; 26 May 2011 at 10:40 AM.
    Uk1 armies: Round 2, Round 3, Round 5
    Uk2 armies: Round 2, Round 3, round 4
    Uk3 armies: Round 2
    Uk4 armies: Round 3
    Uk5 armies: Round 2, Round 3
    Uk6 armies: Round 2
    Ukx3 armies: Round 8, Round 9, Round 10, Round 11
    Ukx5 armies: Round 1

DoctorHb Prolific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian Member

After recently trying to decide whether I want to sell or consume some items, this would be extremely useful in order to help gauge what would be best for me. A simple function such as the ability to watch an item would be fantastic

Also, after having debates with other people about when the best time for an auction to finish is, this would also be helpful for items. It would be a well-welcomed addition in my eyes.

A blue-black shade of love, sent from above.
    My hands are tied, two worlds alone, and this I know.
    <3

Teuton MemberTeuton Member the_chaos_demon's Avatar

i think someones been spending too much time on ebay but i think it would be a good idea
    Trust me there is Logic in my madness

Link for Server 5
    http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk5_44

How to become Hated suggest that Some players are being narrow minded. what happened to innocent until proven guilty?