Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Minecraft Creations

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

Currently playing on another server, the old one had Industrialcraft and Buildcraft mods on it, so you could make machines and stuff. That unfortunately got corrupted, but the new one has added various magical mods.

Actually I don't much care for the mixing of the two themes and will continue to play as before, but I'm amazed at how the original game has grown.

they call me superman
    i'm here to rescue you

Saw nerdcubes Youtube where he built a giant floating turtle and want to play this... Could anyone help me with a few Q's?

How much does it cost?
    How easy is the game? (Looks very easy)
    Are there sim servers/war servers?
    How addictive is it (compared to Travian).
    Should I start playing?
    GTB - Eeyore, Arwen&Elrond, Rotta The Hutt, Tussi | City something - Eddard Stark| UV - New Deli, Bane| T-rex - Maida- All on ukx.
    Now playing on Tea and Cake in GTB

Anonymous the third

My son and youngest daughter are both addicted to it. I think it cost about £18 but then you can play it on any computer. You can get a pocket app version too for a fiver. I regularly have to inspect and make suitably appreciative noises about various things they built, but it really doesn't appeal to me. Too blocky

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

Well it's like Lego or listening to a story, imagination is a big part of it. I still get nervous if I'm in a dark cave and still have an "Oooo" when I tunnel into an underground chasm.

Some servers have a "hunt everybody" type game, although I've never tried it.

It's not addictive like Travian, but then Travian sets out to trigger repeat play by staging rewards and creating peer pressure for buying gold. I dislike how they have now deliberately pushed this down into the children's market, such practices are offensive I think, particularly as a big part of gameplay is destroying people's work and bullying them into quitting.

they call me superman
    i'm here to rescue you

I'll give it a try then, thanks
    GTB - Eeyore, Arwen&Elrond, Rotta The Hutt, Tussi | City something - Eddard Stark| UV - New Deli, Bane| T-rex - Maida- All on ukx.
    Now playing on Tea and Cake in GTB

Spammer-in-chief Prolific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul Member Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar

*necros thread*

I'll post some more pictures of it later (I should be going to bed now)

Edit: http://imgur.com/a/9R6RU
    Last edited by Mouse-Keyboard; 09 Dec 2015 at 10:43 PM.
    Join WvV Round 17:  Students versus Teachers!
    Read the colour of the words (not the words). Blue Red Orange Green Black Red Red Gray Purple Blue
    Count! - Steal a hill! - Do stuff! - Eat!

Spammer-in-chief Prolific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul Member Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar

Update: I added another tower and made one of them taller.

http://imgur.com/a/X5LPY
    Read the colour of the words (not the words). Blue Red Orange Green Black Red Red Gray Purple Blue

Mouse-Keyboard, have just shown your minecraft pictures to my eldest, she's very impressed with them. I have tried but it just makes me feel dizzy and I get stuck. She's promised to teach me how to play but I'm still waiting
    i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii568/TravianComps/LMT.png

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member PinkFairyKing's Avatar

Ive never played Minecraft... Does the castle have a built up interior? Or is it just like a shell?

Quote Originally Posted by MOD Little Miss Trouble View Post
    Mouse-Keyboard, have just shown your minecraft pictures to my eldest, she's very impressed with them. I have tried but it just makes me feel dizzy and I get stuck. She's promised to teach me how to play but I'm still waiting
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFairyKing View Post
    Ive never played Minecraft... Does the castle have a built up interior? Or is it just like a shell?
    Some of them have built up interiors, some are just shells (because blocks don't fall, there doesn't have to be any reinforcement though).

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456