Thread: Posting is not *that* difficult.

Peace ☮ Love ♥ Rawr Prolific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton Member Cryos's Avatar

Default Posting is not *that* difficult.

And when I mean posting, I mean posting by the rules.

I think when it comes to a Travian forum, following the rules shouldn't be that difficult.

To sum up the rules it is like so:

- No flaming/insulting
    - No swearing
    - No spam or inappropriate content

Then you could try to think about how others see and reply to your stuff. To ensure things stay on topic and within the realm of good I think it is usually quite easy to:

- Post succinctly and with proper spelling/grammar
    - Post in the right area and stay on topic
    - PM a mod when you have an issue

To me personally it is simple to avoid anything bad ( I do have my own infraction record so I am not perfect).

Then you see a disgruntled user complaining about all this stuff, they didn't even try to follow the rules. It can be quite a bit irritating. It happens often enough, but sometimes it is the same person over and over again. Then they may whine about being treated unfairly when they break the rules and get punished.

Then you have user run stuff. You run it by the rules and someone does something wrong like not being info to a host and something and they get other people to whine for them how someone was unfair when they simply didn't follow the rules.

Now, I don't claim to be perfect in any way shape or form. But I try to learn from my punishments. Yes I may lose my temper like everyone else, but you got to try to refrain yourself in the future.

I get slightly irritated when I see people going on and on about some rule and challenging the crew when they can't use an ounce of common sense and follow the rules, or PM the higher ups for a nice answer.

I also really don't like how people at times if they are accusing a MH or mod think that we the users are some sort or jury deciding on who is innocent or not. Because we are not. We do not know the particulars of whatever "case" you may have. But it certainly is not the duty of the crew to tell us. They have been trained to do what they do and not one crew member will say don't PM the GA/FA if you have an issue. No, they encourage it most times.

Sure there may be the odd crew member who is really not cut out for the job and messes up. But we are all human and I think most of us certainly try for the best

/Done ranting

I'm the PanDaddy! Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Sidewinder's Avatar

Tbh most of the really interesting people to talk to when I was crew were the people who didn't agree with stuff. Sure there are some idiots who just refuse to listen to common sense but most of the time the people complaining generally have some reason to be upset, even if that's just that they've misunderstood something. Arguing with the crew is often the best way to make sure they know what they're on about.

And hey, who doesn't love a good trolling session sometimes?

Peace ☮ Love ♥ Rawr Prolific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton MemberProlific Teuton Member Cryos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    And hey, who doesn't love a good trolling session sometimes?
    :p Nothing wrong with a trolling session as long as its worth it. As with many things there is high quality and low quality trolling. Now if you get some good high quality posts that can actually generate a fair bit of decent responses, then by all means.

I think this forum has quite a bit of low quality trolls that when they start stuff you don't see a lot of action. More thread locking.

Now when it comes to complaining, more complaining about the fact that you broke the rules and got punished is slightly different then complaining about something.

I rather get annoyed when someone who broke the rules goes "Ok Chrisvc give it your best shot tell me this, tell me that, say this or that"

It all depends.

Most terrible suck up post ever. Why do you continually humiliate yourself like this to stick up for the mods, when they have all the protective power they need
    Last edited by itsnotquiteover; 05 Jun 2011 at 05:53 AM.

...ladies
    Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member laughing ram's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    the people who didn't agree with stuff. Sure there are some idiots who just refuse to listen to common sense
    Hi. ^_^

In other news: Siiiiiiiidewinder!

As for the OP: I still kinda have a soft spot for the complainy fight-backy sorta people who appear on the forum. At least it means something happens. Provided they're good at it, at least. There's an art to being rule breaker.
    ... Not that I'd condone any of that behaviour, of course.

-----
    Member of WGN ^_^ (but i only help newbs, rarely n00bs)
    -----
    I Have a BAN PLACEMENT CARD, Hooray!!!

they call me superman
    i'm here to rescue you

I'll agree to Sidewinder that some of the most constructive talks you have as crew comes from people who complain. That is, relevant complaints, not baseless grumps that we tend to see quite a few of. So it's both very useful, and very annoying. Always interesting to read though.
    GTB - Eeyore, Arwen&Elrond, Rotta The Hutt, Tussi | City something - Eddard Stark| UV - New Deli, Bane| T-rex - Maida- All on ukx.
    Now playing on Tea and Cake in GTB

Quote Originally Posted by pure View Post
    Most terrible suck up post ever. Why do you continually humiliate yourself like this to stick up for the mods, when they have all the protective power they need
    /me scratches head

*Blinks*

Funny, I don't feel an ounce of humiliation. Never have yet. . Hmmm

Now I feel the urge to state that my post was not intended for any sticking up for the crew. It was more for the people posting in the forum. A few more specifically.

You may like some of the pointless silly postings going on in the server embassies or the whining of people who break the rules in game and call the crew corrupt on here because they are "innocent."

Should encourage going about things differently. Not some of the silly stuff we get here.

/Goes off to stand up for people who broke the rules and such
    Last edited by itsnotquiteover; 05 Jun 2011 at 05:54 AM.

Its an obvious suck up thread, you continually post up these pathetic attempts to crawl to the mods I guess because you want to be one but even them reading this must make their skin crawl. Look at your responses, you should be embarrassed, im embarrassed for you.

Quote Originally Posted by pure View Post
    Its an obvious suck up thread, you continually post up these pathetic attempts to crawl to the mods I guess because you want to be one but even them reading this must make their skin crawl. Look at your responses, you should be embarrassed, im embarrassed for you.
    Well if you must know, I wrote this thread because of people like Pizzathehut and his stupid postings at times.

And no, i don't feel embarrassed. Not in the slightest. Why? Because its hard to mention one side of your POV without the other.

Ooh right, I don't go with the majority of peoples opinions so that is a bad thing. So, because I don't particularly like insulting people in general and don't like participating in negative things and generally think people can go and post with insulting, harsh flaming and LQ accusations means I am doing this to "suck up"

Now seeing as you are too incompetent to see this is a rant against more LQ people and posts then I cannot help you. If you are too incompetent to see that I would rather see high quality postings about stuff and nothing too stupid then I cannot help you. And if you think that my every grump in this area is too "suck up to the crew" then I cannot help yours or any elses incompetence.

Warning - irritant!

Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member Purplejelly86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cryos View Post
    Now seeing as you are too incompetent to see this is a rant against more LQ people and posts then I cannot help you. If you are too incompetent to see that I would rather see high quality postings about stuff and nothing too stupid then I cannot help you. And if you think that my every grump in this area is too "suck up to the crew" then I cannot help yours or any elses incompetence.
    "High quality postings" Its a online games forum? Why does it have to be full of high quality postings? Its not important, its just a game, and the "low" quality posts are make it what it is.
    Last edited by itsnotquiteover; 05 Jun 2011 at 05:50 AM.

Too icompetent, everyone who has replied has done in the same manner.

Im not going to argue with you as you are simply the lowest kind of poster. Your post was completely unneeded, you know these players feel posting certain things is worth being banned/dont care will post what they want. You are getting more and more lame everytime you make one of these threads. Your tone is sickening and if you believe what you just wrote that your post is anything other then to say "mods look at me, im your fwend" you are more deluded and socially depraved then even I give you credit for (probably make a good mod).

You also just singled someone out to criticise their contribution to the forum, a person whos not here, for no reason. By your own admition you created a thread to attack a certain member or group which is AGAINST FORUM RULES. Its the mods job to decide whats within the rules not yours and all you writing posts like this makes people want to do is break the rules to look as less like you as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalgon View Post
    "High quality postings" Its a online games forum? If this forum was full of only "high quality" postings then it wouldn't be what it is. Its watching people troll/joke around and post "low quality" posts that make it what it is.
    Just because it is a game forum doesn't mean the posts have to be stupid.

I won't generalize because in this particular rant it is not helpful. Case by case and person by person.

Oh then do tell me who I am sucking up too? Myself? 'Cause that is not possible. Crew? Not this time, they just have to be mentioned because they are the ones to hand out punishments last I checked. Other people on this forum? No, because it is a rant from how I see things.

So please, do tell me who I am trying to suck up too. Now I am interested to hear what you think. Oooh wait a second, just because you and other think something makes it true? Interesting.

No, just because you think something does not make it true.
    Last edited by itsnotquiteover; 05 Jun 2011 at 05:51 AM.

Warning - irritant!

Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member Purplejelly86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cryos View Post
    Just because it is a game forum doesn't mean the posts have to be stupid.

I won't generalize because in this particular rant it is not helpful. Case by case and person by person.

Oh then do tell me who I am sucking up too? Myself? 'Cause that is not possible. Crew? Not this time, they just have to be mentioned because they are the ones to hand out punishments last I checked. Other people on this forum? No, because it is a rant from how I see things.

So please, do tell me who I am trying to suck up too. Now I am interested to hear what you think. Oooh wait a second, just because you and other think something makes it true? Interesting.

No, just because you think something does not make it true.
    Its funny how you say because we think it, its not true. Yet because you think something, being that we're incompetent due to not agreeing with you, must be true? Looks like you're doing the exact same.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalgon View Post
    Its funny how you say because we think it, its not true. Yet because you think something, being that we're incompetent due to not agreeing with you, must be true? Looks like you're doing the exact same.
    Nah, what I posted originally is my opinion grump on posters. Now my intent (in law intent is very big if I may say) is too aim a post at said posters to get my message across.

Just because I have my grumpy opinion on posters does not mean I am going to shove it down your throat. Not just posters, but how people act.

Now it is not my place to criticize this domain, but compared to other forums I hang out on people here are more concerned about the poster and not the post itself.

Sure I could go on and compile a list of threads to show you how exactly I mean things, but we all know that ain't gonna do anything.

Moderator Comment: itsnotquiteover
    Play nicely. If you disagree with comments there are better ways to get that accross other than being insulting and thats to anyone

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

yup state rules yet constantlly break one yurself with your constant sucking up imatating mods seems to be one of your fav pass times.
    Last edited by itsnotquiteover; 05 Jun 2011 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Removal of pointless content

Senior Roman MemberSenior Roman MemberSenior Roman Member Nickyide's Avatar

I actually agree with Cyros. She has a point there. And It's honestly not that hard to follow the rules. I haven't been banned once since I first joined the forum. I also don't see how the mods are biased. Yes, I agree that some may not like other people for some reason, but that's only human, I mean, I'd be naffed off too if people were constantly insulting me. Maybe that's just me though, I wouldn't know seeing that I'm not a mod.
    Here are some signature tutorials: Click here,and here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacticus View Post
    what are you talking about? Travian's much more important than life