Thread: More advanced quests

More advanced quests

At the moment I am loving the new T4 server and the hero quest system thats on there.. only problem i've found is i've ran out of quests and now i'm having to wait most of the day for one to come in...

I was thinking, maybe there could be some kind of super quests that could only be bought with either 5 gold or 1000 silver, and because they are super quests they would have some ober prizes.. obviously they would have to be quite difficult, more so than the 'very hard' quests you normally get..

any thoughts

Warning - irritant!

Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member Purplejelly86's Avatar

Yet more advantages for gold users, Can't say I like it.

I don't see how its an advantage for gold users.... given the way its done so that everyone can make silver

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

What kinds of prizes are you thinking?

I wouldn't support this idea, trying to make the game even further gold orientated especially with something that just wouldn't be open to non-gold users doesn't appeal to me.

ElementalGoDz

Pay Resources for Super Adventures, and it could be a trip from a magic mushroom;-

good or bad

You could get quests being made more likely by building certain stuff or your activity in general

An idea I had about quests a while ago was about having fixed quests rather than random quests, for example an artwork quest is at square 50/50 but you can only go on that quest if your hero has a high enough level, maybe having a questing stat, and also having a village close enough to the quest to go on it. The proximity is also based on the hero's level or a speed/range stat. Effectively rewarding people for building up their hero, but they can access more quests by increasing the quest range of the hero, by settling villages closer to desired items and by increasing the hero's level. Taking this further you also have to wait a certain amount of time between quests, which again can be reduced by assigning hero attributes to recovery. Effectively you can have different strategies, one is to increase the recover time so you can go on more smaller quests, or save up and increase the hero's quest level to go on higher quests.

Finally going on the quest doesn't guarantee the item, but each square lists the items available and difficulty, if there are 10 cages available you will get one cage. If there are 9 cages and 1 piece of artwork available you have 1 chance in 10 to get the artwork, 9 in 10 to get a cage if someone gets a cage then the next person to go on the quest at that square will then have 8 cages and 1 piece of artwork, so a better chance of getting the artwork.

Why do I think this would be better, because whilst there is an element of luck and chance involved it is not random, it is simple probability and odds, one of my biggest complaints about T4 and quests is that for no reason what so ever someone can go on a quest and get something awesome that changes the game, without deserving it, someone else can do exactly the same thing and get nothing.

That and the auction sucks.
    The Lion Warriors.

The Lion sleeps tonight.

Lets just have the game do everything for us. You can already find/buy items that are basically the equal of artifacts, not people want even more? T4 is already taking a lot of the skill out of Travian.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalgon View Post
    Yet more advantages for gold users, Can't say I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve10 View Post
    I wouldn't support this idea, trying to make the game even further gold orientated especially with something that just wouldn't be open to non-gold users doesn't appeal to me.
    Sorry Amalgon and Steve10, I didn't mean to make it sound like a advantage for only gold members. i very rearly buy gold for my games, i only ever get it if i really need a kick start

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    An idea I had about quests a while ago was about having fixed quests rather than random quests, for example an artwork quest is at square 50/50 but you can only go on that quest if your hero has a high enough level, maybe having a questing stat, and also having a village close enough to the quest to go on it. The proximity is also based on the hero's level or a speed/range stat. Effectively rewarding people for building up their hero, but they can access more quests by increasing the quest range of the hero, by settling villages closer to desired items and by increasing the hero's level. Taking this further you also have to wait a certain amount of time between quests, which again can be reduced by assigning hero attributes to recovery. Effectively you can have different strategies, one is to increase the recover time so you can go on more smaller quests, or save up and increase the hero's quest level to go on higher quests.

Finally going on the quest doesn't guarantee the item, but each square lists the items available and difficulty, if there are 10 cages available you will get one cage. If there are 9 cages and 1 piece of artwork available you have 1 chance in 10 to get the artwork, 9 in 10 to get a cage if someone gets a cage then the next person to go on the quest at that square will then have 8 cages and 1 piece of artwork, so a better chance of getting the artwork..
    I do like the sound of making it more of a roleplay experience, because although i like the biulding of villages and sending out attacks it can get a bit minotinus and sometimes boring... especially when it takes so long to get the res needed much later in the game.
    you could always have a list of 5 or 10 prizes which you would get only one of, and would be able to use some of these to upgrade stats and maybe give you and ability whilst it was equiped.. like 'boots and mercury gives you +5 fields/hour' if you dont have a horse, or shield of life gives you +5% of health regen per day.

ElementalGoDz

Quote Originally Posted by pure View Post
    You could get quests being made more likely by building certain stuff or your activity in general
    The QuestBox can only be built in your capital and each level produces quests 10x faster (chuckle)

Quote Originally Posted by ElementalGoDz View Post
    The QuestBox can only be built in your capital and each level produces quests 10x faster (chuckle)
    looks like this idea has a bit of momentum

The Butterfly Muncher MemberMember kingofthemad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve10 View Post
    Haha, I think we're passed the stage of worrying about non gold users with T4

oh yeah - and I also like to eat butterflys (yummy..) I mash the green ones, roast the yellow ones, eat the red ones raw, and the purple ones.. well - I think they taste like peas, and I hate peas. So I never eat them...

Quote Originally Posted by Second Heartbeat View Post
    Anything else? Feel free to post it. I'm in the mood to take someone down a peg or two
    If your thinking of joining S3.. Please press here!

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member Darkest's Avatar

I want free gold.
    I'm a big, fat, hairy Spam-melon

go on quests and pray.....