Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: Exhausted all avenues?

  1. #1

    Default Exhausted all avenues?

    So, here’s a question.

    Who do you go to when the MH is being uncommunicative, and Admin UK and Travian GMBH is not answering emails?

    A member of my alliance has been accused of multi accounting.

    He concurs that his GF logs in via his IP at weekends and that they have 2 laptops on the same wireless. The rest of the time the GF is over 100 miles away and the MH can see this.

    The MH has gone further to say that he can *see* my players PC. Hacking, much?

    The MH’s response is “Admit you have cheated and I will un-ban you” – thing is, my player has not cheated. Surely we don’t have another egotistical MH in our realm?

    What can people suggest?
    Unremarkable and mediocre.

    Fact.

  2. #2

    Default

    As far as I am aware Admin UK answers all emails - check you have the right email address (silly I know, but some people manage to get it wrong): admin@travian.co.uk (and admin is not a bot; well if you get the right email address you get a holding auto-reply I think; Chris will get to the email when he is online - he is human and does sleep). In some cases you may need to add the email address to your contacts (or equivalent), or check that a reply hasn't gone to your spam folder.Concerned friends or alliance leaders - while thoughtful - emailing isn't sufficient. The account owner(s) have to email themselves.

  3. #3

    Default

    Thanks Sam - it is the player emailing himself. This has been ongoing for 5 days now......
    Unremarkable and mediocre.

    Fact.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Falling Leaves View Post
    Thanks Sam - it is the player emailing himself. This has been ongoing for 5 days now......
    Chris *never* leaves emails that long as far as I'm aware (not even during exams :p) - get them to double check the email address and their spam folder (and/or pm chris here so it can't go astray)

  5. #5
    Team Lead Customer Service Travian Head Office
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    877

    Default

    All emails in the last 5 days have been answered to if a reply was necessary (spam emails of course won't be replied to) and that always within less than 18 hours. There are quite a few people you can ask about that.
    <center><b>[COLOR="#000000"]D[/COLOR]on't let a bot ruin your game:</b>
    * 157439 troops have been deleted.
    * 8406 building levels have been deleted
    * 1344368 resources have been deleted
    <i>(recent example of a punishment for using externals)</i></center>
    <center>Questions about T4? Check our <a href="http://t4.answers.travian.co.uk/"><b>Answers page</b></a></center>

  6. #6
    MemberMember typical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Falling Leaves View Post
    So, here’s a question.

    Who do you go to when the MH is being uncommunicative, and Admin UK and Travian GMBH is not answering emails?

    A member of my alliance has been accused of multi accounting.

    He concurs that his GF logs in via his IP at weekends and that they have 2 laptops on the same wireless. The rest of the time the GF is over 100 miles away and the MH can see this.

    The MH has gone further to say that he can *see* my players PC. Hacking, much?

    The MH’s response is “Admit you have cheated and I will un-ban you” – thing is, my player has not cheated. Surely we don’t have another egotistical MH in our realm?

    What can people suggest?
    Sadly, this is the same thing that happened on UK6 to one of our guys. The MH again, said that they are basically multi accounting, no replies to emails sent to HQ (of course chris and the rest of the team will come up with some excuse that it was the wrong email address used or their was no need for a reply as the so called 'evidence' was overwhelming)

    This is just another example of how poor the UK domain has got.

    Yes Chris, I have complained to you countless times about things that have gone on, not once has anything every been sorted, you say im just on here to put down the domain, seems to me that i am not the only player that has come forward with the same issues...............how interesting.

    I see another domain/staff crash happening soon, time will only tell.

  7. #7
    Active MemberActive MemberActive Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Falling Leaves View Post

    The MH’s response is “Admit you have cheated and I will un-ban you” – thing is, my player has not cheated. Surely we don’t have another egotistical MH in our realm?
    wow, does that sound similar, we have something almost identical on s3. Chris has even admitted that the staff dont have conclusive or adequate evidence our player cheated, but apparently the only way for our player to get unbanned is to say the name of the bot that they used. If they did not use a bot and (god forbid! ) the staff are wrong...how will they ever be unbanned? This was based on 1 single suspicious double login after they were reported by a player with a massive grudge against them.

  8. #8

    Default

    Seems to me it's a lose lose situation, Travian themselves took away the 'same PC usage' facility
    Last edited by Broken Digit; 19 Jul 2011 at 08:37 AM. Reason: dang typo's before first coffee :p
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisvc
    I suggest you contact HQ from the TravianGames pages, rather than putting the questions up on this forum, as they won't be read by HQ staff on here.

  9. #9

    Default

    There is always traviangames email address:

    complaint@traviangames.com

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78 View Post
    Chris *never* leaves emails that long as far as I'm aware (not even during exams :p)
    Are you serious? Does anyone know how old Chris is? I always assumed he was over the hill! :p

    How does he find time for exams and travian admin?

  11. #11

    Default

    By not studying a science subject :pBroken digit - same computer usage wasn't the answer - it was used by more than a few to legalize multi-ing

  12. #12
    Team Lead Customer Service Travian Head Office
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by typical View Post
    Sadly, this is the same thing that happened on UK6 to one of our guys. The MH again, said that they are basically multi accounting, no replies to emails sent to HQ (of course chris and the rest of the team will come up with some excuse that it was the wrong email address used or their was no need for a reply as the so called 'evidence' was overwhelming)

    This is just another example of how poor the UK domain has got.

    Yes Chris, I have complained to you countless times about things that have gone on, not once has anything every been sorted, you say im just on here to put down the domain, seems to me that i am not the only player that has come forward with the same issues...............how interesting.

    I see another domain/staff crash happening soon, time will only tell.
    When you contact HQ, then please tell me how I could possibly come up with an excuse for them not replying to you?
    If you contacted them and called them the same you called me in a pm, then after all you shouldn't be too surprised if noone takes you or your email in any way close to serious.

    How do you see another domain crash happening? I am quite proud to say that we currently have a very stable team, with many long-serving and experienced staff. That is the truth, but it seems from your posts that you are trying to evoke another crash, by fuelling the forum with your "all staff are corrupt"-attitude.

    Once again, only the affected account holders will know the full story of what happened with their accounts, so anything else is nothing but hear-say. Mistakes do occasionally happen and there are mechanisms in place to complain if you think you've been wrongly treated.
    Abusing team members or myself in private messages is however not such a mechanism and I don't think I have to tell you how doing so makes you look.


    EDIT: This is for the OP: emails to the complaint address are replied to by people from HQ. They work normal office hours monday to friday and they don't work during the weekend. This might explain why the player has not received a reply from them within one day.
    <center><b>[COLOR="#000000"]D[/COLOR]on't let a bot ruin your game:</b>
    * 157439 troops have been deleted.
    * 8406 building levels have been deleted
    * 1344368 resources have been deleted
    <i>(recent example of a punishment for using externals)</i></center>
    <center>Questions about T4? Check our <a href="http://t4.answers.travian.co.uk/"><b>Answers page</b></a></center>

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisvc View Post
    This is for the OP: emails to the complaint address are replied to by people from HQ. They work normal office hours monday to friday and they don't work during the weekend. This might explain why the player has not received a reply from them within one day.
    Oh Chris, they don't reply, and you know it.

    On the Great Server Downtime Escapade that we had, I had not a single message (of 7) answered. All read, according to outlook, but not answered. LOL - thinking about it, we NEVER ever did hear what happened did we?

    Travian is simply awful to owning up to problems. It's customer service ethic is beyond fail.

    And, back relating to the OP - seems my player finally got a response from UK admin today.........Lets see when HQ reply eh?
    Unremarkable and mediocre.

    Fact.

  14. #14
    Team Lead Customer Service Travian Head Office
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Falling Leaves View Post
    Oh Chris, they don't reply, and you know it.

    On the Great Server Downtime Escapade that we had, I had not a single message (of 7) answered. All read, according to outlook, but not answered. LOL - thinking about it, we NEVER ever did hear what happened did we?

    Travian is simply awful to owning up to problems. It's customer service ethic is beyond fail.

    And, back relating to the OP - seems my player finally got a response from UK admin today.........Lets see when HQ reply eh?
    We've discussed the issue today, and I hope a reply will be sent out soon. About the server downtimes, I believe this was properly announced on the affected domains (ours wasn't and isn't affected by the current DB problems). There will be many players that have sent emails about those problems and HQ is aware of them and working to fix them as fast as possible. So sending a reply to all emails might not have been possible. The concerns of the emails have still been taken seriously. A complaint about a specific ban and an account related to that is in my eyes a different scenario though. On our domain we don't get many complaints, but from the ones we get and got in the past, I know that they have been dealt with, as usually HQ contacts me in case there are any, as a sort of feedback.
    <center><b>[COLOR="#000000"]D[/COLOR]on't let a bot ruin your game:</b>
    * 157439 troops have been deleted.
    * 8406 building levels have been deleted
    * 1344368 resources have been deleted
    <i>(recent example of a punishment for using externals)</i></center>
    <center>Questions about T4? Check our <a href="http://t4.answers.travian.co.uk/"><b>Answers page</b></a></center>

  15. #15

    Default

    So the account in question got a reply from the UK admin after five days, yet, has still heard nothing from the powers that be?

    Or have I read this wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisvc
    I suggest you contact HQ from the TravianGames pages, rather than putting the questions up on this forum, as they won't be read by HQ staff on here.

  16. #16
    Team Lead Customer Service Travian Head Office
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Digit View Post
    So the account in question got a reply from the UK admin after five days, yet, has still heard nothing from the powers that be?

    Or have I read this wrong?
    You read that wrong. I have replied to all emails that show up in my inbox within 24 hours, to some of them even within one hour. Wouldn't really make any sense leaving them for 5 days and then replying to them within one hour does it? Exactly.
    Those continuous accusations of wrong-doing on this forum are becoming absolutely ridiculous nowadays. You can ask everyone in my team and will find that I am highly motivated and more than anything willing to do a good job, but to be frank, I find it increasingly difficult to find this motivation, since it seems that absolutely every decision I make has recently been turned against me for whatever motives are behind this. Indeed it looks that there a number of people who seem to have no other reason to log into this forum than for attacking me. When it gets to the stage of people sending personal insults via pm, things have gone way too far.
    As most of you will have seen, I've sent a system message out yesterday, asking for people to apply as staff. So far, I have received over 300 applications and have started looking through them already yesterday and will continue to do so today. 300! And you honestly accuse me of not replying to one single email for 5 days?
    I've been doing this jov for well over a year now and NEVER, I repeat, NEVER has a single email sat in my inbox for more than 24 hours. I care a lot about this domain and I do my best. This includes showing presence on the forums, engaging with players and trying to be as transparent as possible about things. It turns out, this approach does not seem to be wanted by a couple of people, since rather than accepting that I am trying to be helpful, every opportunity of a post by myself is used to open a new can of accusations.
    To make this quite clear: I do not have to be engaged on the forums, I could easily reduce this to the odd announcements when necessary. It's not that I want to do it, but I feel that I'm getting slowly closer to make that decision as I can and will not let a small minority of people drain my motivation to do the job I have to the best of my ability.

    There's a difference between criticisng someone, making accusations of someone not doing their work (when even this very post shows that I do my work and that I am not shy to reply to difficult situations) and all out personal attacks against someone.
    <center><b>[COLOR="#000000"]D[/COLOR]on't let a bot ruin your game:</b>
    * 157439 troops have been deleted.
    * 8406 building levels have been deleted
    * 1344368 resources have been deleted
    <i>(recent example of a punishment for using externals)</i></center>
    <center>Questions about T4? Check our <a href="http://t4.answers.travian.co.uk/"><b>Answers page</b></a></center>

  17. #17

    Default

    I think it's great so many people have put themselves forward (myself included). It shows that for all the negativity around the game there is a huge number of players looking to get involved and support Travian.

  18. #18

    Default

    I think you are taking it too personally Chris.

    In general, people are unhappy with Travian HQ. We look to you as our spokesperson, as HQ never shows it's face here. We are NEVER treated as customers, just merely as irritant players. It may be a German thing, who knows?

    My perception is that you do not fight our corner. You very much toe the line with regards to HQ. Times that you have claimed to not have information have at times left me speechless. Literally.

    Refering back to the OP of this thread, my player has now been given 3 (proven incorrect) reasons for the ban, and yet still remains banned. That Chris, is why at times you, and the MH's are unpopular. You clique together even when you are wrong. You know it.
    Unremarkable and mediocre.

    Fact.

  19. #19

    Default

    Apparently we're not allowed to discuss a specific ban, can we discuss the complete farce this has now turned into, so many volte faces today, emails finally being answered each saying the other has responsibility. Maybe we need a new admin called 'the-buck-stops-here' as opposed to 'pass-the-XXXXXX-to-the left'?

    edit : Travian T&C's 8.7 ... .. .

    (7) The games and game servers are intended to bring as much fun to the users for as long
    as possible.

    Discuss!
    Last edited by Broken Digit; 20 Jul 2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: complete frustration
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisvc
    I suggest you contact HQ from the TravianGames pages, rather than putting the questions up on this forum, as they won't be read by HQ staff on here.

  20. #20
    Team Lead Customer Service Travian Head Office
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    877

    Default

    You must be the account owner then Broken Digit? How else could you be sure it's a farce and not a rule violation? It doesn't work like the more someone moans the easier they get unbanned without punishment. It rather unncessary prolongs the ban.
    <center><b>[COLOR="#000000"]D[/COLOR]on't let a bot ruin your game:</b>
    * 157439 troops have been deleted.
    * 8406 building levels have been deleted
    * 1344368 resources have been deleted
    <i>(recent example of a punishment for using externals)</i></center>
    <center>Questions about T4? Check our <a href="http://t4.answers.travian.co.uk/"><b>Answers page</b></a></center>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •