Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuff possibly worth watching on TV

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

Default Stuff possibly worth watching on TV

We seem to be missing a thread like this

Anyway, I enjoyed watching Kidulthood on iPlayer recently {http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435680/}
    and now it's sequel is on iPlayer too, Adulthood {http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...hpy/Adulthood/}

The first had Jaime Winstone in it, daughter of Ray Winstone, she played a fab trollop in the film.
    Although it's possibly more notable for Noel Clarke who was in Doctor Who

Last edited by horse; 21 Jul 2011 at 08:49 PM.

I'm quite surprised Kidulthood is the kind of movie you'd enjoy, horse.
    The most amazing thing ever.

$person = new Person(); $person->getData(); if ($person->gender == female) { if( in_array("pokemon", $person->interests) ) { $me->action("hug and refuse to let go"); } } else { $me->action("run away and hide"); }

It's good if you've not seen it before - watch l'haineMmmm main thinking I'm looking forward to is the next episode of torchwood

Also...

Quote Originally Posted by horse View Post
    The first had Jaime Winstone in it, daughter of Ray Winstone, she played a fab trollop in the film.
    Jaime Winstone was also in Donkey Punch. I thoroughly enjoyed that movie, and urge anyone who hasn't seen it to watch it. Jaime did a very good job at the acting in it.
    The most amazing thing ever.

$person = new Person(); $person->getData(); if ($person->gender == female) { if( in_array("pokemon", $person->interests) ) { $me->action("hug and refuse to let go"); } } else { $me->action("run away and hide"); }

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    I'm quite surprised Kidulthood is the kind of movie you'd enjoy, horse.
    Heh, normally I'd go for Knightley in a frock but I like this kind of stuff too, I reckon I've re-watched 8 Mile more than LotR.

Not sure why, certainly it's rawness makes for a great drama. I like how even though the girls are all seen as sl utty objects, they still have a proper role in the film. In other films they are just the hero's bit of one dimensional fluff.

Just finished watching Adulthood, really impressed, a pity Jamie wasn't in it though. I'll look out for these two on DVD.

La Haine
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113247/

Oo yes, that does look good
    Last edited by horse; 21 Jul 2011 at 11:28 PM.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...nd_of_Marvels/
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...et_Open_Ocean/

Two attenborough episodes from different series on iplayer (oops)

The top is one of the best nature series i have seen so wholey reccomend it though it is only available until tonight 8pm though the second should soon be up
    The second is available until 8pm tomorrow and is also win ^_^
    You found me!

Nemo iudex in causa sua

Gavin Henson: The Bachelor

Surely not to be missed.
    Channel 5's continuing high standards never cease to bring me joy.

Match of the Day!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SOTF - Round 9: 4th; Round 10: 5th; Round 11: 8th; Round 13: 2nd; Round 16: 2nd.

Twilight - just watched it, so this is somewhat more redundant than informative

Well I thought it was OK, Bella was only slightly annoying and Edward was yum, along with all the other sparkly vampires.
    Disappointed at only one snog and the somewhat limp ending, but I've had worse dates

I can see why pre-teen emos would gush over this, so I'll give it a few fluffy stars.

The cartoon-esque running through the trees is just silly though, and spoils what could have been a romantic bit.

MemberMember

Leverage - Absolutely awesome
    Warehouse 13 - cheesy but also awesome
    Eureka - Fantastic
    Fringe - opens your mind, even more so than X-Files ever did. Great actors.
    The Good Wife - Great show for those who like dram as well as well played legal/court room type stuff - think Practice or Boston Legal, minus the comedy.
    Merlin - Good fun, some average acting, but good to see the Magic and Dragons genre actually has some participation.
    Re-Watching Stargate - never gets old. 17 seasons all up with SG1, SGA and SGU. Love em all
    Falling Skies - just watched the first 7 episodes and I am hooked! Well done, good acting (mostly) and leaving you wondering the answers, with out the annoyance that Lost gave us.
    Supernatural - Good vs Evil fun - action, adventure, faith questioning and for the gals out there, a perve fest as I hear it.
    NCIS - Naval Investigative dram - lots of action, fantastic acting on all parts and great fun. Original is the best, but the NCIS:LA spin-off is much better than a lot of spin-offs we get.
    Burn Notice - really good fun too. Can learn a lot about being a spy

For the comedy fans: Big Bang Theory is winzor! and so is How I Met Your Mother. Fingers crossed these two last forever!

SnuggleWaggle Bear Active MemberActive MemberActive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgasshk View Post
    Fringe - opens your mind, even more so than X-Files ever did. Great actors.
    Fringe is quite possibly the only TV show that I have bothered watching, despite having an urge to watch a couple of others too when the adverts are on. Fringe is simply brilliant.
    :tulliaanda will one day rule the world. Go Panda!!!!

Rome, Louie and Archer. All very different, and all brilliant. And all TV series, just in case you were wondering.

Breaking Bad is definitely worth watching too. I don't think I've ever liked a cast as much as this one.

I don't watch a lot of telly other than sport, but 3 shows that imo (and obviously its just my opinion) that need to be watched are Top Gear, Doctor Who, and The walking dead.

Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar

Boardwalk Empire forum brothers and sisters.

I highly recommend Community.
    'If you can't walk, you crawl, and if you can't do that, you get someone to carry you'

Forum Rules
    | My dA Gallery

Anything from quality producers at HBO, A Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, The Sopranos, The Wire, Rome.
    Dexter.

Wow, this doesn't get updated much ?

I thought this was great
    Black Death
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bigscre...ph/Black_Death

I wasn't expecting much, thinking it would be just another run of the mill Monastic drama, but I really enjoyed it.

Review here:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...lm-review.html

Sean Bean as inquisitor hunts down a necromancer with the help of love lorn monk, set against an England rife with the Bubonic Plague.

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member PinkFairyKing's Avatar

Well, The Walking dead comes back on in America tomorrow and in the UK on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFairyKing View Post
    Well, The Walking dead comes back on in America tomorrow and in the UK on Friday.
    Great minds think alike, I was just gonna mention the walking dead back tomorrow.

I'm having a zombie nerdgasm just thinking about it.

Oh, I need to find someone with Sky then, my last provider of zombies, popcorn and comfy sofas has just cancelled their subscription.

I'm hoping they might add a few people to the group, it's looking a little sparse.
    And I'm still waiting for them to start growing food.

Excited though, so long as they don't ruin it with too much icky.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast