Thread: T4 - S7 how could you have gotten it so wrong

Default T4 - S7 how could you have gotten it so wrong

This is my first T4 and I was looking forward to the new hero and items to change up the game somewhat, however right from the start the hero has bought home nothing but rubbish, and by this i mean constant 2-3 badages etc, the game is supposed to be balanced towards troop growth/loss etc yet still only 3 bandages.

Fair enough thats a small gripe I can live with, but after spending insane amount of money on gold waking up to find out that plan release/end game has been bought forward 2 times, thats 2 months off the server time meaning that nobody has decent hammers and yet the natar villages still have stupid amounts of troops in, and are growing daily, this is totaly insane, wheres the balance on this server? there clearly is none. And you wonder why theres only 3 ww villages currently occuppied.

I've spent money on various helmets to speed up troop production yet i'm still at half the numbers i was on the last classic 2.5 server I played, which had no oasis, no hero, no artifacts.

I for one wont be returning to travian for another server as I'm sure a lot of others wont. Admins/support/tech guys bury your head in the sand for yet another negative post but maybe atleast take onboard a little critisim before you have no customers left.

Just my opinion but i'm sure there's others out there equally frustrated.

Travian management must be looking to retire otherwise why are they making it that new players who have a tendency to sim have absolutely no chance of contributing to end game apart from responding to the "more wheat" messages,so no fun ,so no lets play again feeling.People with smaller armies must be able to feel of use and be able to see what the WWK can do.Just now the WWK will all be used taking the plans so it will be a who can muster peple out of the boredom to contribute enough resources to build the WW

Travian's biggest mistake in releasing T4 was in not tackling the cripplingly boring end game, shortening the server is a stupid reaction and in no way makes the server more interesting or makes the end game any better.

Boredom sets in because of the end game, because virtually all alliance leaders these days are utterly focused on WW's from day one the force server after server into huge META's.

Travian needed to transform the end game, and there have been a good number of ideas how they could have done that, that transformation would have been able to address boredom for players by utterly changing the focus of alliance leaders away from some dreamed about WW to being about fighting, especially local wars (i.e. not 48 hour or more cross quad battles) but battles you can an outcome of in a few hours.

Much as I am now beginning to like T4 (despite it's vomit inducing pastel graphics) it is in my view a total failure, since Travian Games failed to tackle the fundamental problems the game has.

Quote Originally Posted by NosajDraw View Post
    Much as I am now beginning to like T4 (despite it's vomit inducing pastel graphics) it is in my view a total failure, since Travian Games failed to tackle the fundamental problems the game has.
    Where's the like button for this post

T4 gone wrong

everyone will have an opinion,surveys are in the forum if you want your say to really count, i think the grafics are impressive, but i cant help but note that the new travian is consuming more time than what the old servers did....
    Attacking gets you glory...Defending keeps it

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Moog's Avatar

Endgame has always been the worst aspect of Trav, yet with T4 and it's heavy Natar attacks, weak WWs, and no 1/2 wheat consumption in WWs, it appears that the game designers are determined to extend it. What they will find however, is that many players will simply quit Trav. Well done Trav central; not only ignoring the gripes of your customers, but going directly against them. BYEEEEE!

Quote Originally Posted by EDD View Post
    i think the grafics are impressive
    Excuse me?! If stationary, 2D cartoons impress you then god help us if you ever find yourself in an art gallery! It will be like the double rainbow guy!
    Previously - Jazzy Jeff | Lord Pan | Lorde | Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Elk33dp View Post
    Maybe if it was anyone else, but Josh is too talented to leave any hint at the real target. It's basically wack-a-mole.

Anonymous the third

Quote Originally Posted by NosajDraw View Post
    Boredom sets in because of the end game, because virtually all alliance leaders these days are utterly focused on WW's from day one the force server after server into huge META's.

Travian needed to transform the end game, and there have been a good number of ideas how they could have done that, that transformation would have been able to address boredom for players by utterly changing the focus of alliance leaders away from some dreamed about WW to being about fighting, especially local wars (i.e. not 48 hour or more cross quad battles) but battles you can an outcome of in a few hours.
    I am glad you noticed that not ALL alliance leaders focus entirely on endgame, HATE on S7 have had fun fighting all server, clearing the quad first then going for the borders before venturing cross quad when everything local was exhausted and still having a bash at endgame.

The problem with endgame is that it involves so many yet has visible benefits for so few. You need large numbers to push defence and resources to the World Wonder but these players just get to do the boring stuff with little to see for their efforts. They don't see the World Wonder going up, they don't see the attacks coming in, they don't build an endgame hammer and have the glory of watching it smash. It always amazes me that so many stick it out for so long.

I think the way forward is to open up the visibility of the World Wonder village so that everyone in the alliance can see it. Yes, that makes it an issue for spies passing on defence numbers, but good spies can do that anyway. Plus anyone with 2 or 3k scouts and a small hawkeye can scout defence numbers with few losses. Actually seeing the World Wonder going up, seeing the wheat counter flying down, the stacks of incoming attacks makes it much more interesting. You still need an account holder to have control, but just to let the other alliance members actually see what is happening in that village would make it more rewarding. That's my view anyway, you can agree or disagree as you like.

The sitter options do make is safer now - so you can add sitters and limit what they can do on the account to a certain extent. It would be interesting to know how many alliance leaders made use of those optione to share more widely than they otherwise would have done.