Thread: Exploitation of the rules

Default Exploitation of the rules

As many players know, when your account is done, and you really don't want to give your attacker any more, all you need to do is send an insulting message to the MH or a freind, and a ban will quickly follow, offering you and your failing account a 100% guaranteed defence against your attacker.

On some domains now swearing and abuse results in instant punishment without banning, which means you cannot gain this perfect defence, but that has also been taken further, for people who clearly are gaming the system and trying to exploit the rules, they will find the punishment handed out specifically suits the crime, so trying to get a ban to prevent a chiefing will often result in deleted troops, even if you had no troops to start with. i.e. the punishment punish the person who needs to be punished, but doesn't harm other players who are obeying the rules.

Why cannot the UK implement a similar policy? And actually punish the rule breakers rather than reward them.
    Last edited by NosajDraw; 14 Oct 2011 at 07:36 PM.

Master Blaster

Sometimes they do. Early in the server we chiefed a guys hammer village in were in the process of chiefing and farming all his villages. Surprise , surprise he got himself banned - how very annoying. Anyways we messaged th M/H explaining the situation - ok the M.h didnt really believe us at 1st but after we explained further and forwarded on a skype convo which had so very kindly been passed on to us where the player had planned his ban - his account was unbanned for us to carry on farming/ chiefing ! very nice !

IF it is clearly a deliberate banning attempt and the M/H can see this then they do insta punish

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member baldymorph's Avatar

It happens on the UK - I was banned on the recent UK2 then unbanned & punished without warning by UK Admin before the MH read my reply :p (long story and it will be removed by a Mod anyway) and then on the SAME day I was punished again! Without being banned. Twice in one day must be a record
    I wasn't doing it to stop someone attacking me - it was endgame, I'd used my troops so was telling people a few incompetent morons home truths!
    So yes it happens here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78 View Post
    baldy - you're a legend I can't think of anyone else with their own catchphrase on the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by C.G. View Post
    We can't afford to spare a single thread. Our mission is at a critical moment.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    What am I supposed to do with 14k rams now?? http://travian-reports.net/us/report/80720858091

punishment

Quote Originally Posted by NosajDraw View Post
    Why cannot the UK implement a similar policy? And actually punish the rule breakers rather than reward them.
    usually a ban follows up with a popualtion deduction so thats the punishment your looking for.
    Attacking gets you glory...Defending keeps it

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member C.G.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EDD View Post
    usually a ban follows up with a popualtion deduction so thats the punishment your looking for.
    Hm from my experience a pop reduction is only really relevant in the early stages, now if armies were deleted that would make for a much better deterent...
    C.G. and the Ocarina of Spam(Featuring The Master Shedbuilder Sheddy "Shed" McShed).

Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    moderators please do something about this person

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member

I agree, if you take a level off all of my buildings by midgame, I could probably have everything rebuilt in my hammer village before the queues even came close to running out.

Gaul MemberGaul Member willetts's Avatar

When i was banned, They took 10% off everything in my account, Levels off buildings and troops.

Lewis Hamilton's No 1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Singalong View Post
    I agree, if you take a level off all of my buildings by midgame, I could probably have everything rebuilt in my hammer village before the queues even came close to running out.
    I disagree, if you get a 50% pop drop, and say, your fields go from lvl 6 to lvl 3, and your warehouses from level 8 to lvl 4, thats not a lot of damage.

If your wheat fields go from 14 to 7, and your warehouses and all the other buildings go from lvl 20 to lvl 10 , your account feels lie it has been completely ruined.
    production is greatly reduced , by much more than 50% in the latter case.

most people quit when they see the state of their towns after such a drastic punishment

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member

But as you say...that is a drastic punishment. I have never seen a 50% pop drop. the most I have ever seen was a couple of levels off everything. Plus, I didn't say I would have my account in full working order, but the hammer village would be...and that is all that matters on my account.

I have been banned for taunting (beer and travian can be a bad mix) and cant remember if I had much pop drop as I truly never have any idea of what my pop is 90% of the time, but I did have all my warehouses and granaries emptied which is actually a massive temporary pain in the bum.

Its a building drop, not a pop drop, although loosing 10% of your building levels will often equate to around a 10% population drop, but not every time.

Building drops do not cause the level of your troops to drop.

The punishment I'm looking for in the case I detail in the OP is either no action at all, just let their villages be cheifed, or 10% troop removal.