Thread: Is it an achievement?

XCP9X

Default Is it an achievement?

I was just wondering whether killing another play's chief is considered to be a significant achievement. Also, how fast can a player generate another chief and is there a cap on how many you can make?

they call me superman
    i'm here to rescue you

Well, normally, killing a chief isn't that big of an achievement. However, if it is early in the round, training a new chief would have a large impact on res. percentage use for your enemy.

Also, if you are under attack, killing a chief (both in off/def), will buy you some precious time to get defensive troops to your viillage. Thirdly, it is very fun :p
    GTB - Eeyore, Arwen&Elrond, Rotta The Hutt, Tussi | City something - Eddard Stark| UV - New Deli, Bane| T-rex - Maida- All on ukx.
    Now playing on Tea and Cake in GTB

DoctorHb Prolific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian MemberProlific Natarian Member

On top of Andi's answer, training times vary depending on whether it is a normal server or a speed server. For a normal speed server, a Roman Senator takes 25:11:40 to train, a Teutonic Chief takes 19:35:00 and a Gaul Chieftain takes 25:11:40 to train according to the T4 answers page*.

You can train up to 3 of these in a village, but only if you have a Palace in that village. Otherwise you will only be able to build 2 if you are using a Residence.

*This is when being built with a level 1 Residence (something that is infact impossible, I know...) - for a level 10 Residence, it takes the Roman Senator 9:45:39, the Teutonic Chief 7:35:13 and the Gaul Chieftain 9:45:39 to train.

A level 20 Residence will train a Roman Senator in 3:24:12, the Teutonic Chief in 2:38:44 and the Gaul Chieftain in 3:24:12.

If you want to look more in-depth, try clicking here - clicky clicky click.
    Last edited by Second Heartbeat; 16 Oct 2011 at 02:33 PM.

A blue-black shade of love, sent from above.
    My hands are tied, two worlds alone, and this I know.
    <3

Killing a chief gives you a smug satisfaction inside, so I'd say yes it is an achievement. Catching a chief, or several chiefs, at home is even better, and will certainly give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Killing cheifs always makes me lol,all that time and effort for a new village foiled
    Attacking gets you glory...Defending keeps it

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member

For me, killing chiefs isn't much of an achievement. For me, an achievement is using chiefs to make an enemy hammer/wwk disappear.