Thread: SW Spoof

Default SW Spoof

This is a spoof of recent events in SW Quad - notably the small scuffles T~S and Chorus have had so far

http://youtu.be/uQGFjm6PXS4

It's gonna be a long time before these get old

Why is no-one posting the attack reports from these scuffles?
    Stop looking at me!

I'm really selfconscious, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Mud View Post
    Why is no-one posting the attack reports from these scuffles?
    There's not really much point posting our crop-locks of T~S as their players are never defended :s So we would just be posting loads of reports with wheat field destroyed x6/15

This is the only one that was defended, of sorts:

http://travian-reports.net/us/report/15053262e70

Gold buys you lots of heffalumps

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Side View Post
    How were the catapults successful when two of the defending heroes survived the attack?

As I understand it (this may have changed since I last played) catapults require an attack, not a raid, in order to function. There, the attack forces would have killed all of the defensive troops if the attack was successful. According to your report, the attack managed to destroy numerous wheat fields, and therefore must have killed the defence in order to do so. However, two heroes survived, so surely the catapults must have died. The attack setting demands that one side of the report be entirely killed. Seeing as it clearly wasn't the defending team, surely the attacking army must have been annihilated - meaning that the catapults would not have worked?

Of course, I may be incorrect. I don't believe that I've ever lost my catapults in an attack, therefore I can't say whether or not they still hit buildings even though they died.

I'm not necessarily suggesting that you have doctored the report, merely offering you the chance to explain it.
    Stop looking at me!

Cats still fire even if they die Mud, surely you've had a WWk before? :p

Cats still fire even if they die Mud, surely you've had a WWk before? :p
    I find endgame horrifically tedious lol, its generally filled by simmers and inactives who believe themselves to be skilful due to their ability to survive. I far prefer to cause mischief and wars throughout the server rather than be boring and save up a WWK for 12 months. Call it personal preference
    Last edited by Mud; 09 Jan 2012 at 04:51 AM.
    Stop looking at me!

ill was not damaged. << whatever that was in the first wave didn't die - flour mill?? Whether that was a solo cat or more wasn't clear. But the first wave pretty much wiped the defence apart from the two heroes. I assume only the two heroes were left standing for the second wave - when is when they promptly gave up and died, leaving the second wave of cats and laters waves to do the wheat field damage?

Surely the report has been edited? The deletion of the letters "Flour M" from "Flour Mill", and the resources stolen are listed as 000000.
    Is it an amalgamation of multiple reports?
    Stop looking at me!

Surely the report has been edited? The deletion of the letters "Flour M" from "Flour Mill", and the resources stolen are listed as 000000.
    Yup and/or a buggy convert ... I assume the first was copied and pasted - the report loggers haven't all adapted fantastically to T4 afaik. The damage from the last waves (oooh tho I was, perhaps not safely, assuming double not single targets); just the cat wave reports have been added into the first to make it quicker/easier..rather than logging each wave individually.

It's possible there was no res to steal of course

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78 View Post
    Yup and/or a buggy convert ... I assume the first was copied and pasted - the report loggers haven't all adapted fantastically to T4 afaik. The damage from the last waves (oooh tho I was, perhaps not safely, assuming double not single targets); just the cat wave reports have been added into the first to make it quicker/easier..rather than logging each wave individually.
    Seeing as most people claim that 4 waves is the maximum to hit in a single second, then double targets seem likely. However, a level 20 rally point at this stage of the game combined with a high enough number of catapults to completely destroy their targets, suggests a lot of resources invested into that attacking army. I'm not sure if many accounts have reached that stage yet. That said, I'm still a little behind, so am unaware of how far the front runners have reached.

It's possible there was no res to steal of course
    Would it not come through as a single 0 then, instead of 00000 for each resource?
    But like you said, if the convertor has no adapted well to T4 then this would explain it.
    Stop looking at me!

MemberMember

Lol you have way too much time on your hands haha, but they are very funny ill give you that news about AK47 is still my personal fav lol

Obviously it's an amalgamation of reports. You can't do 7 catapult attacks in one wave. The convention on travian is to edit in the catapult damage of all waves into the clearing wave rather than bore people with half a dozen different reports.

I thought everyone knew this and that parsing T4 reports often produces bugs, such as the extra 0s..

Never mind, I just won't bother in future. In general.

Obviously it's an amalgamation of reports. You can't do 7 catapult attacks in one wave. The convention on travian is to edit in the catapult damage of all waves into the clearing wave rather than bore people with half a dozen different reports.

I thought everyone knew this and that parsing T4 reports often produces bugs, such as the extra 0s..

Never mind, I just won't bother in future. In general.

Do bother

S2 has a few returning players who are encountering T4 for the first time - so aren't as familiar with some of the quirks it has introduced to external sites (or how external sites interpret the code). Mud is one of those having to go back to Travian school.

Mud is one of those having to go back to Travian school.
    I r can have sweeteh?
    Stop looking at me!

Tinkerballa

Only when you're stats are better (shake) Play like you're an old skooler (nod)

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerballa View Post
    Play like you're an old skooler (nod)
    you think I'm not?
    Stop looking at me!

Tinkerballa

From what I hear you should have b. slapped most already

b.=bestie