Thread: [Project of the Month] usvblons.at - Travian Profile Manager (March)

Default [Project of the Month] usvblons.at - Travian Profile Manager (March)

What is is?
    Travian Profile Manager (TPM) is basically what it says on the tin. Its a nice little project which helps you manage your profile, or more accurately lets you design your ASCII art in game profile with out hours of mucking around trying to get everything lined up just right. TPM contains a number of different ASCII art types which are Swords, Headers and dividing lines as well as a nice Quote generator (although its seems to be German only), and a Character and Writings tool for making what is best described as ⓢⓣⓤⓕⓕ ⓛⓘⓚⓔ ⓣⓗⓘⓢ.

Key Features?
    TPM has what i can best categorise as 3 main key features. 1) The ASCII art 2) ⓢⓣⓤⓕⓕ ⓛⓘⓚⓔ ⓣⓗⓘⓢ and 3) an editor to tie it all together. Use the site is brilliantly simple you just pick the bit you want, fill in your text if its required and click the add to profile button. Once everything is how you want it then you just need to copy it into your ingame profile.

The great part about the site is that it saves you time of creating this Art yourself and ties it all together for you in a quick easy way, its got a decent range of Swords with 18 different designs in total ranging from large to small.

There are also a number of headers on offer some ranging from simple border type headers to much more fancy and showy headers. The setup TPM has for this is rather good as you don't have to edit the header directly which can be problematic but just asks you to pop your information into a text box; you then need to select the header you want and watch as it appears in the output box for you to either copy or merge into the main planner.

The ⓢⓣⓤⓕⓕ ⓛⓘⓚⓔ ⓣⓗⓘⓢ editor works in exactly the same way as the Headers editor; you just have to enter your text; pick the font you want and then click either the add to editor button or copy it from the preview box into your ingame profile. Overall the style of the TPM interface is rather simple; in some ways this can be considered good and in other ways its not so good, the interface could be slicker i found that there was a lot of clicking required to do what i felt was a relatively simple task.

Conclusion & Score
    The content which is on offer which could be expanded but is sufficent to be able to great a reasonably individual profile, i'd love to see an even greater range of Swords, Shields, Headers and other ASCII art on offer. I also think the site would benefit from users being able to upload their own Art which some people enjoy making and it could be a great tool for sharing that Art.

Score
    Ease of Use: 3/5
    Interface Design: 3/5
    Usefulness: 2/5
    Overall: 3/5

Your opinion
    What do you think about ASCII Art on players profile pages? Is it the sign of Travian greatness that they care about their profile so much or does it smack of desperation that they try to become noticed for their profile rather than their skill?
    Last edited by Lodi; 15 Jan 2012 at 09:54 AM.

Anyone who complains this is two months late will be taken out and shot.

this. is. two. months. late.

(guillotine is much preferred)

Gotta' be sneaky... Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Jakeyyy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hurt View Post
    this. is. two. months. late.
    Tell me about it.

Two months we had to wait..

It's just not on.

Sort it out Lodi.
    When you play the game of travian, you either win or you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeyyy View Post
    Tell me about it.

Two months we had to wait..

It's just not on.

Sort it out Lodi.
    Best part is i finished writing it around Jan 15th

Gotta' be sneaky... Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Jakeyyy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MOD Lodi View Post
    Best part is i finished writing it around Jan 15th
    WHAT?!

This is an outrage.

What was you doing for two months?!
    When you play the game of travian, you either win or you die.

we all know what he was doing jake. Now run.