Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Warlords.... Who thinks it is totally ridiculous?????

Master Blaster

You too Jude.

1st shows nothing. I seriously know nothing about secret one and as soon as Ravi is on skype i will find out exactly what that is all about- if its a real IGM cause i have never seen it before ? but secret ones account was never used for our benefit.

2nd is a guy on holiday i presume that didnt want to overflow maybe ?

3rd was cait and im pretty sure you all know cait well enough to know she wouldnt be pushing anyone ! ......ask her. one thing cait is, is honest.

Master Blaster

Seriously youve just shown how low you guys need to go to discredit us. Im pretty sure cait wont be happy with you editing her words and im pretty sure she will be along shortly to clarify whats what.

I've removed all the 'I am cait' posts, although apparently one of them was accurate, but I'm still confused as to which

When the real cait has managed to remember her password, I'm sure she'll post, you may just need to have a teensy bit of patience until then and find something else to squabble about...

Prom Princess 2010 Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Fiamma's Avatar

Yeah, it's a ridiculous thing about the gold, T4, etc. And yes, it does make people want to quit, stab their laptop in the face, and cry.

That's not to say that you can't have fun, can't win, can't make records and can't have a massive impact on the game without ludicrous amounts of gold.

Think of it in this way (no offence to the warlords dudes as I'm sure they know): they'll make a potentiality of around 100-120 villages on the server in the end, and maybe 3m wph of troops as an estimate to use on whatever at an endgame, be they hammers, clearers, or whatever else. Guess what? 5 decent accounts, with relatively little gold, (1200 per server seems reasonable, no? I've built most of my hammers on about that) will produce an equal amount of troops and villages. It doesn't *totally* kill the balance of a server to have these accounts that have and spend 297593769769749 gold. Sure, it looks crazy, but... well I'll move onto my next point.

It's not simply that Ravi can afford all these billions of gold that causes them to make the difference and win servers. It's also that they have the diplomatic influence to unite metas, make friends in the right places, and pick fights during the server wisely. It's clever play; no amount of gold buys that, it's just common sense and diplomacy skills.

I guess in conclusion... Don't overestimate the power that gold brings, and just think about what you can do with a few words in the right place instead. The game's not all about playing, it's about talking too. And personally, for that reason it's why I'm still here; my team's still around for me to head onto new turfs with.
    Last edited by Fiamma; 19 Mar 2012 at 01:35 AM.
    Hammertime:
    - ukx3 - ukx5 - ukx6 - ukx7 - ukx7 - ukx8 - ukx x5 - ukx9 - ukx10 - ukx11 - aux10 - ukx15 -
    - Winning WW holder of ukx8 & ukx11 -

Senior Roman MemberSenior Roman MemberSenior Roman Member Dark Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fiamma View Post
    Yeah, it's a ridiculous thing about the gold, T4, etc. And yes, it does make people want to quit, stab their laptop in the face, and cry.
    That made me fall out of my bed laughing...

edit: I wanna put it up on my sig shall I?

Quote Originally Posted by wgn View Post
    This damn game has brainwashed me.

I totally agree. Some T4 features are capitalist/idiotic. And when you have one account "abusing" these features then the game becomes far, far less exciting...

Master Blaster

I dont like the auctions and would much rather see a 3.6 speed server. However Trav arent going to abandon them cause mugs like us use them ! Wouldn't be a bad idea to limit the amount of bids you can make per day or limit the total spends, cant see it happening but agreed it could be kept on a more even playing field.

But then again just like a car auction or a house auction...anyone can bid and the one with the highest bid will win.....Cant really see whats unfair about that ?

I don't think people are saying against the rules, more along the lines of its irritating to know that even if you are working your butt off raiding all night people with a large wad of cash can buy unlimited villages and a hammer where 1/3rd always lives. I personally see why travian has made t4 to earn more money and to make it more appealing to those who aren't hardcore players, but it would be nice to see such things as limits being implemented on gold spending so you cannot buy 100% success.

Master Blaster

I think you miss the point that we also work out butts off raiding day after day, night after night and success can not be bought.. The last Warlords round we played was 3.6 where there was no auctions and i so much more enjoyed that round you wouldnt believe.

T4 sucks.I think they have ruined the game .. Even the no 1/2 wheat in WW's makes it a worse endgame then it ever was.

Round before that I was BeerGoggles and same again was rank 1 pop for a lot of the round and top 10 robber every week. And that was with limited gold and nothing but hard work, partying 24/7 , raiding 24/7 and having no life !

Where in my post did i mention anything about you not spending time on raiding or being active? I mentioned the use of artworks and bandages that is all. I have no doubt the quality of your play been told by a relaible source you know well.

Angelic

Many players are under the illusion that heavy gold users are untouchable and have an unlimited advantage. In my experience of travian there are very few players who can actually utilize the advantages created by gold and most heavy gold users are actually easy to dismantle and walkover if you just had the balls to hit them. Some have huge pockets but small brains. Others get lazy and overconfident. Any skilled group of organised players could take on the elite.

I say that if you really have a problem with the heavy gold users that are taking advantage of the game then DO something about it. Please, please, please don't keep creating threads about them round after round where you keep moaning. Man up and do something about it! It would be a worthy challenge and if you think of the game as a game of war (which it is), you shouldn't have any problems waring with them.
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiebell View Post
    With Warlords running away with villages & population... does it make anyone not want to play travian again as if you have someone buying everything in sight & spending so much money that no ordinary player can match. Does anyone think that travian needs to rethink about gold purchasing. Maybe they are getting loads of real money from 1 player but maybe loosing for example 500 players that buy a little gold each week???

What is every ones views on this??
    A profit-orientated move from HQ that has killed the game, frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Running Tiger View Post
    So that basically means "Yes we do it, we multi, and buy other accounts with gold to store for us" but if you can't prove it then we don't have to admit it.

Its common knowledge what you guys get up to server after server, skepta can be very talkative when hes feeling a little butthurt.
    Why are you dragging me into this Adam - just to start some drama/conflict? I haven't spoken to you at all since late September 2011, and have never admitted to any wrongdoing on WarLords or Assassin - only to scout-killing and FF on Crusaders which happened 3 rounds ago (and before TS played with us). The only time I got butthurt that could even be remotely relevant is the forum post I made (and regret making) at the end of last round, and that only criticised duals and not gameplay methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Running Tiger View Post
    Exhibit A
    Exhibit A: Dubious IGMs taken from an account via fraudulent/backhanded methods, withheld until way after the round finishes and then released on the forum, contravening all forum rules? Not sure who this reflects worse on frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by wgn View Post
    Those messages are useless.

For the first message, several people were messaged with the same message

As for the other two, sharing resources is not uncommon and the messages are out of context. There would even be similar messages as the last two between assassins and the Emily account if you look are messages out of context.
    wgn has given the best explanation of these messages yet. If you selectively quote ANY account's IGMs, you could make it out to look like they were doing anything under the sun.

Fair enough on the take them down, but from what Ive been told, last round these guys had more defense than the WW's did... :|

Gold + defense = Unbeatable
    Uk 6 Round 1 - Travian Version 3.0/3.1 Hybrid - Uk Record Off points + Record Hero

Angelic

Singularly it would be next to impossible but if you treat it the same as any other alliance-on-alliance battle it is possible... However, the aim wouldn't necessarily be to win, it would be to stop them controlling the sever and that is easily possible!
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Master Blaster

You guys crack me up.... Did you see the Bolton players playing against Chelsea. When they realised the Chelsea team had by far more money then them and could afford all the best players they threw themselves on the floor and started crying saying how unfair it was.....No they got on with the job in hand.

Anonymous the third

We had a player a bit like this on uk7 called Banditos. He outbid everyone on the server for all the artworks, paying hugely inflated prices as everyone loved to bid against him to push him up to his max of 10001 gold that he bid every time.

The best fun though, was when HATE started to take his costly account apart, piece by piece My word, did he squeal then There were just so many villages to go at, it was lovely watching every single one of them get croplocked in a night..

There are players like this on every single t4 server it seems.

And as Anonymous found, they aren't untouchable and I've seen the biggest player on another server end up with 1 village

Once again WGN.. more defense than a WW - Thats not possible to take down even with an entire alliance, unless you have found a way to wipe 7mill def? If so.. your amazing.
    Now stop creeping so much, it's sickening
    Last edited by MOD Sam; 19 Mar 2012 at 09:02 PM. Reason: language
    Uk 6 Round 1 - Travian Version 3.0/3.1 Hybrid - Uk Record Off points + Record Hero

Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by scorpiain View Post
    Now stop creeping so much, it's sickening
    Is that comment directed at me because I'm fairly certain I've not done that. I get mixed up sometimes but wasn't I trying to get people to attack?!?!

Furthermore you clearly haven't played a recent round of T4 because the WW defence numbers suck. The WW's last round got cleared several times.
    Last edited by MOD Sam; 19 Mar 2012 at 09:02 PM. Reason: reference to quote
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast