Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Warlords.... Who thinks it is totally ridiculous?????

Master Blaster

I probably should start a new thread for this ...but....how comes some people have shields under there name and some have swords etc ? is this random ? do we have any control over it at all ? Always wondered ! and do I get another shield once I get to 1k posts ? Also whilst we're at it ..... how does the rep work ? on aux players could rep each other but thats not an option here so is it only the mods that can give us rep ?

Warning - irritant!

Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member Purplejelly86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
    I probably should start a new thread for this ...but....how comes some people have shields under there name and some have swords etc ? is this random ? do we have any control over it at all ?

Go to -
    http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/p...editusergroups

Choose the user group you want (Check it - then click the Join Group bit ) Go down to the last selection of boxes
    "You may choose to be identified as a member of the following groups" Choose the one you want. It's different for each group. The Registered users one is shields, Romans EI's, Sword's for Gauls, not sure on the teuton one.

Master Blaster

ok so did this work ? hmmmmm

Warning - irritant!

Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member Purplejelly86's Avatar

ok so did this work ?
    You still got the sheilds, what was you trying to get? :p

Edit - Now natars.

Master Blaster

aha ! it did then ! thanks Shaun....although natars look kinda rubbish !
    Last edited by MOD Sam; 26 Mar 2012 at 11:54 PM. Reason: language

Gotta' be sneaky... Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Jakeyyy's Avatar

Shields look better than natars

Especially if you get as many as Shaun.
    When you play the game of travian, you either win or you die.

Meh, no urgency to separate the thread if you're actually being nice to each other :p (aka I'll do later)

Shaun is absolutely right on the shields ofc.

Rep-wise, you're right that only crew can give out rep on the uk forum. There was a brief period when users could give rep to each other, but this right was removed following the legendary 'rep wars'. It's not meant to be a popularity contest (but it was :p); with only crew handing it out it is used for quality of posts instead.

So for example, Shaun would probably end up with minus a few thousand rep; which wouldnt at all reflect his very good posts including wwk stats and answering questions, but instead the fact that most of ukx love attacking him in game

Master Blaster

:0 im shocked Samantha .....People actually attack Shaun ! Well I never would have thought of that.....now you come to mention it , it does sound rather appealing ( this brand new idea definitely deserves some rep btw)

I dont think that your arguments are at all true. We are in fact top deffers so far which to me implies that we have had a fair amount of attacks. Last server we had artis taken from us, were catted etc and we have already had many cat attacks this round, so its far from people being too scared to hit us and more like people in different quads cant be bothered to as they have no real reason to hit us. If these people were in the same quad as us then im sure things would be different but why would anyone want a cross quad fight , especially this early in the server ?
    Reading last 8 pages in a row, this is one thing that pretty sums it up...
    What I can say is, I don't see WL like a threat for me at all in this part of the game... If the time will come and if they will decide to build WW, to attack me or my ally, or whatever that will including mine plans on this game, I will play against them. Attacking over 15h is silly and everyone talking about that has to be from the normal servers where is enough that player is online 15min in 24h. With the coverage of WL that has to be atleast 23/24h is silly to even talk about that till some later phase of game... I wish WL good luck in breaking records, and I hope they will be offline/in the not buying mood once I decide to buy some artworks

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member baldymorph's Avatar

I think you miss the point that we also work out butts off raiding day after day, night after night and success can not be bought.. The last Warlords round we played was 3.6 where there was no auctions and i so much more enjoyed that round you wouldnt believe.

T4 sucks.I think they have ruined the game .. Even the no 1/2 wheat in WW's makes it a worse endgame then it ever was.

Round before that I was BeerGoggles and same again was rank 1 pop for a lot of the round and top 10 robber every week. And that was with limited gold and nothing but hard work, partying 24/7 , raiding 24/7 and having no life !
    Can't comment on the puke servers but the last speed server I played was the last T3.6 and I saw first hand how the WL account constantly scouted & attacked people in my alliance and got plenty of offence points by catching hammers at home, and not just inactive players either. The scoutings weren't single scouts either so no inside information was gained, it was all down to hard work and high activity. I had some banter with them (there was always someone there to reply) about how easily they caught troops at home, even me messaging people in my alliance about it didn't stop it happening
    Regarding them buying gold for people - on US5 I developed an in game friendship with someone who deffed my arte which meant I could stop moving it and keep it. I thanked them by sitting (and building) their account and buying them gold. That doesn't mean their account wasn't played for it's own benefit - quite the opposite as it meant I could use my arte to build a bigger army and cause more damage to the enemy which is what WL do. People do it on every server.
    I could spend more money on gold if I wanted to but I spend as much, or as little as I feel is justified. Spending more money wouldn't give me the best account on the server but it would give me a better account and that is what WL do more than most aswell as high activity.
    The mumblings are basically down to jealousy as the real problem as we all know is that T4 is a cash cow and WL just do what the game allows so blame Travian as they caused this scenario - there is nothing (funds permitting) preventing other people doing what WL do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78 View Post
    baldy - you're a legend I can't think of anyone else with their own catchphrase on the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by C.G. View Post
    We can't afford to spare a single thread. Our mission is at a critical moment.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    What am I supposed to do with 14k rams now?? http://travian-reports.net/us/report/80720858091

Angelic

Hehe,

This thread, old as it may be made me giggle - http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/s...Help-me-decide
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Default A house of cards

20 30 40 villages - So what. Warlords is a house of cards that will collapse when the fun really starts. Even with their alliance partner they have way less by number of vills (and hammers) than other alliances. The may have the biggest hammer (who knows) but if 50 or 60 or 100 people all start attacking and chiefing their minor villages the whole bubble will burst and their money will be down the drain.

Tinkerballa

That's the spirit

Anonymous the third

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerballa View Post
    That's the spirit
    Ha ha, your hypocrisy is outstanding

Master Blaster

Kronos you have me quaking in my boots......after all were just noobs with money ........

we're just noobs with money ........
    Admitting one of your problems is the first step.....

Master Blaster

i know i know ...im seeking help.my counsellor said the same thing.its the 1st step of a very long road

I've moved a few of the equal fight without gold posts to here http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/s...way-to-victory (try to keep the arguments contained in at least one thread)

MemberMember

Quote Originally Posted by Skepta View Post
    Let's calm down a bit. While I personally agree it is a lot to spend on a game, it's entirely down to personal choice. If some players want to spend a lot of money to get enjoyment out of a game, then that is fine and it's their personal decision - you have no right to comment on "priorities" or mock us behind our backs simply because the account has a lot of money to spend. It's also a bit of a jump to claim that TS or any dual spends all of their time "glued to a computer". The beautiful thing about having multiple duals is that this isn't the case at all!

As for HATE - I've heard good things and bad things about them, but have never played on the same server so cannot have an independent opinion on how good you are. That said, esteemed players have gone against our team in the past and it has never ended favourably for them - with the exception of some well-executed plan steals from Fabrestuta's lot (admittedly made when we were holding 3 WWs, multiple plans, artis and offs to protect).
    Ands a controversial cheifing of your hammer village?

Look I don't agree with the amount they spend but hey ho personal choice and all that I've never really had the pleasure of playing a 3.6 with them or against them so I can't comment what I will say is form what I'ver heard there good players with or without the gold.. Whether they'd be top dog if they spent ''reasonable'' amounts og gold is up for question.. But if you have a problem do something about it simples...

The balance between gold and excessive gold players is way too high.... I will be the first to complain about T4 and use the warlords as an example but it's nothing personal against them just at a system that allows money to dictate success in whats meant to be a game of skill and logic... Yes they have skill anbd logic and friends also but there money is a big factor in there success no one can deny this.

on a game where money buys villages money indirectly buys resources and defence too... money also performs necromancer duties I think T4 should limit the amount of these items you can have adding more strategy to the game for example

100 artworks all round do you wait till there worth 2500 cp each at which time cp needed is far greater or use them early on etc etc but this will never happen..

As for warlords being untouchable there not

they'd be damn hard to beat but nothing is impossible look at S&S vs disney 14 vs 240 meta what was the result ... bye bye disney

or 30dom in there many wars 1 alliance vs 6-7 did they ever lose?

back when people weren't complacent back when people weren't lazy and back when people actually seemed to care abou t the game now it just seems everyones here not for enjoyment but for habbits sake and the people the game takes a backstep and no one can be bothered to do much more than moan.

hey ho just my two penneth

Owen P.s. how many villages do warlords have now not played since week 3
    Last edited by oddyse; 29 Mar 2012 at 02:38 PM.
    Ukx1 Oddyse
    Ukx2 -_-
    Ukx3 Mercenary
    Ukx5 Deviant
    Ukx6 What&Ever
    Ukx9 Envy
    Ukx10 I'm strange

Quote Originally Posted by oddyse View Post
    Ands a controversial cheifing of your hammer village?

Look I don't agree with the amount they spend but hey ho personal choice and all that I've never really had the pleasure of playing a 3.6 with them or against them so I can't comment what I will say is form what I'ver heard there good players with or without the gold.. Whether they'd be top dog if they spent ''reasonable'' amounts og gold is up for question.. But if you have a problem do something about it simples...

The balance between gold and excessive gold players is way too high.... I will be the first to complain about T4 and use the warlords as an example but it's nothing personal against them just at a system that allows money to dictate success in whats meant to be a game of skill and logic... Yes they have skill anbd logic and friends also but there money is a big factor in there success no one can deny this.

on a game where money buys villages money indirectly buys resources and defence too... money also performs necromancer duties I think T4 should limit the amount of these items you can have adding more strategy to the game for example

100 artworks all round do you wait till there worth 2500 cp each at which time cp needed is far greater or use them early on etc etc but this will never happen..

As for warlords being untouchable there not

they'd be damn hard to beat but nothing is impossible look at S&S vs disney 14 vs 240 meta what was the result ... bye bye disney

or 30dom in there many wars 1 alliance vs 6-7 did they ever lose?

back when people weren't complacent back when people weren't lazy and back when people actually seemed to care abou t the game now it just seems everyones here not for enjoyment but for habbits sake and the people the game takes a backstep and no one can be bothered to do much more than moan.

hey ho just my two penneth

Owen P.s. how many villages do warlords have now not played since week 3
    Stop pandering to your ego Owen, I wasn't playing with Ravi/TS on the Wolfbadger server and my comment was made with regard to that specific team.

But that aside, I agree with a lot of what else you have to say. I think most people would have a job arguing that without crazy gold the account wouldn't still be among the top - at the end of the day, it's run by skilled and experienced players (yay for modesty). Of course the gap wouldn't be so large without the gold, and this is one reason why I dislike T4. However, buying large amounts of gold is entirely within the rules of the game (and in fact benefits smaller players as previously described). People can criticise all they like, but the decisions to purchase gold are entirely personal and thus people have little right to comment on it being a "bad" or "wasteful" way to spend your money.

Despite the advantages brought on by gold, no account remains untouchable. The onus just rests on someone to actually coordinate hits against players rather than moan about how unfair the gap between accounts is.

38 villages Owen
    Last edited by Skepta; 29 Mar 2012 at 11:42 PM.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast