Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's joinning S6?

Quote Originally Posted by baldymorph View Post
    Did you have to pass an intelligence test to be a mod? I told you I've tried it twice so it's pretty obvious to a normal person that I would have tried it for more than a few days.
    Think you are the one who has failed the intelligence test. Read what he is saying. Look at the facts. You are one person, out of the thousands of 3.6 lovers who have tried T4, majority who disliked it have only tried the first server on their domain and given up after a few days/weeks. He wasn't talking to you, no-one really cares what you think, he was talking generically.

Warning - irritant!

Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member Purplejelly86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise1 View Post
    Think you are the one who has failed the intelligence test. Read what he is saying. Look at the facts. You are one person, out of the thousands of 3.6 lovers who have tried T4, majority who disliked it have only tried the first server on their domain and given up after a few days/weeks. He wasn't talking to you, no-one really cares what you think, he was talking generically.
    Ah i see how it is, Ex Crew and Crew uniting. You'd say anything to cover your fellow cronies trails I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalgon View Post
    Ah i see how it is, Ex Crew and Crew uniting. You'd say anything to cover your fellow cronies trails I see.
    Now now shaun, stop trying to defend raspberrys.
    Last edited by Enterprise1; 29 Mar 2012 at 10:52 PM.

Warning - irritant!

Epic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic MemberEpic Member Purplejelly86's Avatar

Now now shaun, stop trying to defend raspberrys.
    If I stopped that I couldn't back you up in future moments

Edit - Had to remove quote of Jamie's awful attempt at a sentence which has caused him much embarrassment.
    Last edited by Purplejelly86; 29 Mar 2012 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enruoblem View Post
    well, tg do no advertisment for these servers,...they don't say that they start, so that only few players start, and they can say, we close it
    You must have missed the press release about 3.6 servers (it might be a fairer point about 2.5)
    http://www.traviangames.com/en/press/news-archiv/news-detail/archive/2012/january/article/travian-3-classic-servern-in-36-laendern-fuer-alle-veteranen-enthusiasten-und-nostalgiker-gestartet.html?tx_ttnews%5Bday%5D=24&cHash=256acb87fb2fb222815290d42c700fd8

Every server that starts on this domain is announced on the forum in advance by Chris, and is part of the 'news' sections that show on the login pages. From time to time there are also 'flash' messages posted onto the servers - this happened when s1 started as a 3.6 (albeit about three days into the server).

The forums are also reasonably useful for spreading news of a new classic server via word of mouth (i.e. gossip usually travels quite effectively between the big english language domains - com, us, uk, in, au)

As far as I'm aware there are no adverts on commercial sites for the classic servers but it would be rather odd to spend time and money developing a new version, only to then continue to publicise the old one widely to new players.

The rest of you - quit squabbling. If you want classic servers to continue - actually register and play the ones that are online and encourage others to do the same.

Tinkerballa

They don't put the announcements out on their regular advertising channels - it's all T4. They also don't make use of all the email accounts they have, it would take seconds for server announcements to go out like that. Facebook, twitter - all social media - are completely under utilised. Moreover, the franchising is very difficult to become a part of so folks can't take on older server types

It's very much like what the TV companies do to progs they wanna kill - put them on when no one is around to watch them, then go the viewing figures suggest you don't want to see them. It's how Star Trek TOS died ;(

TBF to Travian, the are a bunch of very lucky people with zero business sense, that have accidentally produced something entertaining. Expecting more than that just leads to heart-break.
    Last edited by MOD Sam; 30 Mar 2012 at 08:17 PM. Reason: language

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerballa View Post
    They don't put the announcements out on their regular advertising channels - it's all T4. They also don't make use of all the email accounts they have, it would take seconds for server announcements to go out like that. Facebook, twitter - all social media - are completely under utilised. Moreover, the franchising is very difficult to become a part of so folks can't take on older server types

It's very much like what the TV companies do to progs they wanna kill - put them on when no one is around to watch them, then go the viewing figures suggest you don't want to see them. It's how Star Trek TOS died ;(

TBF to Travian, the are a bunch of very lucky morons with zero business sense, that have accidentally produced something entertaining. Expecting more than that just leads to heart-break.
    A casual glance at their 'under-utilised' Facebook page (with 1mn+ fans) shows that in January they announced the start dates of 18 classic servers (including two T2.5 servers)...

Just as a quick straw poll...how many are actually subscribed to the Facebook page that have been posting on this thread hankering after 2.5/3.6 servers?

Tinkerballa

That would be fine if that's how social media advertising worked. We can see the commitment to their social media customers as we can log in to the forums via facebook, twitter, googleplus... (to be fair a lot of businesses fall into this category.)

The advertising focus is on the new and shiney, which is fine, if it wasn't they would push it on whatever adwords type network they use. They are expending no effort, and are taking disillusioned fans disappearing as a drop in interest. It's very much like putting a kids TV show on at 3am and going "there's not many kids watching the prog, our metrics must be correct".

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78 View Post

Just as a quick straw poll...how many are actually subscribed to the Facebook page that have been posting on this thread hankering after 2.5/3.6 servers?
    I'm not, but then again I'm not interested in what's starting when in the Dutch, French, Indonesian etc servers

I've played s6 as a classic for the last 2 years, hence why Discussions are taking place in s6's forum rather than serching for it on facebook I think I seen the facebook page once, have they still disabled any fans or members from posting on the page?

Not sure if anyone here'd know the answer to this...but by running s6 as a classic or 3.6 would travian have been running it at a loss? or would they just not be making as much money as a T4 would've

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member baldymorph's Avatar

Typical ill thought out response - now I can see why you are no longer crew. I am only one person? Do you actually READ this forum and see how many people dislike T4 after giving it a fair trial???
    He wasn't talking to me? Then why did he quote MY post??? If he wasn't talking to ME then he wouldn't have quoted my post! You really are stupid as you make out.
    Get back to your quitting servers and quitting crew - only thing people like you are good at.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalgon View Post
    *nods*
    Last edited by MOD Sam; 30 Mar 2012 at 08:16 PM. Reason: language
    baldy - you're a legend I can't think of anyone else with their own catchphrase on the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by C.G. View Post
    We can't afford to spare a single thread. Our mission is at a critical moment.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    What am I supposed to do with 14k rams now?? http://travian-reports.net/us/report/80720858091

*nods*
    Ah thought so, look at all you non crew back eachother up :p

Warning - irritant!

Typical ill thought out response - now I can see why you are no longer crew. I am only one person? Do you actually READ this forum and see how many people dislike T4 after giving it a fair trial???
    He wasn't talking to me? Then why did he quote MY post??? If he wasn't talking to ME then he wouldn't have quoted my post! You really are stupid as you make out.
    Get back to your quitting servers and quitting crew - only thing people like you are good at.
    I really don't think you're in any position to comment on people's stupidity and quitting servers...
    Last edited by MOD Sam; 30 Mar 2012 at 08:15 PM.

I liked the facebook page, but I have to admit that was because there was a chance of a free iPad.

I don't even want an iPad...I hate apple...

Your the 100th person I've told today we have no demand for a 2.5 server
    The vultures are circling

well, but they haven'T advertiset it anywhere else

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member boxerboy89's Avatar

Ive joined it.
    (Back on topic)
    UK4 - Mr.Joe | UK1 - Stormfront

Such heated posts you all might aswell sign up and make this server interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zissou View Post
    I've played s6 as a classic for the last 2 years, hence why Discussions are taking place in s6's forum rather than serching for it on facebook I think I seen the facebook page once, have they still disabled any fans or members from posting on the page?

Not sure if anyone here'd know the answer to this...but by running s6 as a classic or 3.6 would travian have been running it at a loss? or would they just not be making as much money as a T4 would've
    Mmm, I can't stand Facebook (and was told off by an 11 yr old yesterday for not going on it enough )so I'm not particularly familiar. The Classic post tho, for example, had 216 comments - do you mean that bit?

I've never seen financial figures for any server and extrapolating the figures from the proportion of people that are vocal on the forums would be a really flawed sample.

These are the figures for the 2.5 server on .com after a few months

Player
    Registered players 3670
    Active players 3318
    Players online 374

Server 3 on here has been running for about the same time anyone got the figures for that?
    Last edited by Clonmore; 30 Mar 2012 at 08:56 PM.
    The vultures are circling

Warning - irritant!

Quote Originally Posted by Clonmore View Post
    These are the figures for the 2.5 server on .com after a few months

Player
    Registered players 3670
    Active players 3318
    Players online 374

Server 3 on here has been running for about the same time anyone got the figures for that?
    5339 Players in total on it. Besides - .com is a far more popular domain than .uk either way :p so wouldn't be a fair comparison.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast