Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Who are DT?

  1. #1
    Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Moog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Trolling Forum
    Posts
    1,693

    Default Who are DT?

    The name is new to me, don't recognise many of the players. They are looking like serious contenders though, so would they care to introduce themselves? Are they a standard issue meta core (there appear to be other alliances which have stolen their shocking profile spelling), or are they a 'death to meta scum!' alli? (I think we can guess the answer to that one). Clearly have some very heavy gold users on board, and in T4 that definitely helps, especially early on. Who are you, and what do you want?
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

  2. #2

    Default

    I think you are right about the gold users part, the spelling isn't so bad, is just the horrific grammar that lets them down. And from what i can see, i think they will be a contender for the WW, but only if their meta plans work correctly,. At the same time as being large and a contender, they do seem quite boring. I have one word for DT and that's..... Dull, they have DENCH for heavens sake, says it all...

  3. #3
    New Poster In Game Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8

    Default

    A brief DT analysis from a non-member;

    DT began as a splinter group from the now defunct PF (renamed Judges). The primary impetus for their exodus from that Alliance was a complaint regarding the leadership (or lack there-of).

    They appeared to be a strong core of the larger PF members originally bolstered in the following two weeks through selective recruiting. However in the last five or so days the appear to have absorbed a large portion of the TOF alliance (itself split at that stage) along with several other players from around the NW. While this move has taken them from being an intriguing potential anti-meta elite style alliance to the dominant NW alliance I personally find the whole exercise odd.

    I can't speak to life inside DT, DH, DT-W or any of their other wings, however I can't see quality control being too high on the agenda with such explosive growth. I suppose its still early days for this alliance and only time will tell. However at this stage they're entrance to the META scene seems all too similar to the early game super recruiting of the other alliances and their top players will likely find themselves in a similar position as the big boys/girls in their equivalents - carrying a lot of dead weight.

    In conclusion, the only really interesting thing about DT is the sudden strategic change from small, elite style alliance to META-thon, a moment in their history which surely either mark the inception of either greatness or disaster. Of course this is all just my opinion.

    T
    WAR DOES NOT DETERMINE WHO IS RIGHT, ONLY WHO IS LEFT

  4. #4
    Anonymous the third
    Guest

    Default

    Someone should tell these guys

    http://ts6.travian.co.uk/allianz.php?aid=499

    they seem to have been dumped ;(

  5. #5
    Eddy
    Guest

    Default

    ..........
    Last edited by Eddy; 24 May 2012 at 11:59 PM.

  6. #6
    Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member PinkFairyKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by In Game Name View Post
    A brief DT analysis from a non-member;

    DT began as a splinter group from the now defunct PF (renamed Judges). The primary impetus for their exodus from that Alliance was a complaint regarding the leadership (or lack there-of).

    They appeared to be a strong core of the larger PF members originally bolstered in the following two weeks through selective recruiting. However in the last five or so days the appear to have absorbed a large portion of the TOF alliance (itself split at that stage) along with several other players from around the NW. While this move has taken them from being an intriguing potential anti-meta elite style alliance to the dominant NW alliance I personally find the whole exercise odd.

    I can't speak to life inside DT, DH, DT-W or any of their other wings, however I can't see quality control being too high on the agenda with such explosive growth. I suppose its still early days for this alliance and only time will tell. However at this stage they're entrance to the META scene seems all too similar to the early game super recruiting of the other alliances and their top players will likely find themselves in a similar position as the big boys/girls in their equivalents - carrying a lot of dead weight.

    In conclusion, the only really interesting thing about DT is the sudden strategic change from small, elite style alliance to META-thon, a moment in their history which surely either mark the inception of either greatness or disaster. Of course this is all just my opinion.

    T
    This is abour right, I didnt know there was a 3rd wing? They dont have a confed with DT.

  7. #7
    Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member Khnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SE London
    Posts
    1,846

    Default

    Reports of some very strong players in there who are not at all content with the meta being formed as it's taking the farms away & dumbing down the quad .. splinter soon perhaps ??

  8. #8

    Default

    I know where some of them are coming from.

    I was talking to DT alot back when they were about rank 14 and TOF were still top dogs in the NW Quadrant.
    I'd seen that although TOF was bigger they were clearly a carebear alliance (Ogame term for an alliance that has a few high rank players and a legion of mediocre players who feel protected by the big guys in the alliance).
    Personally i'd seen that DT were better than TOF at that stage and were better because they were a smaller alliance made of only Elite players.

    And then TOF Splinters after the leader jumps to DT
    And then DT pretty much suck up entire swathes of TOF members.
    Sadly in my eyes and a few DT members eyes that means that DT's replaced quality for quantity. They're still a great alliance don't get me wrong but do they really need like 2-3 wings? I don't think so. TOF might aswell have just changed it's name to DT... Well actually one of TOF's wings did that actually

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member Khnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SE London
    Posts
    1,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WNxRip View Post
    I know where some of them are coming from.

    I was talking to DT alot back when they were about rank 14 and TOF were still top dogs in the NW Quadrant.
    I'd seen that although TOF was bigger they were clearly a carebear alliance (Ogame term for an alliance that has a few high rank players and a legion of mediocre players who feel protected by the big guys in the alliance).
    Personally i'd seen that DT were better than TOF at that stage and were better because they were a smaller alliance made of only Elite players.

    And then TOF Splinters after the leader jumps to DT
    And then DT pretty much suck up entire swathes of TOF members.
    Sadly in my eyes and a few DT members eyes that means that DT's replaced quality for quantity. They're still a great alliance don't get me wrong but do they really need like 2-3 wings? I don't think so. TOF might aswell have just changed it's name to DT... Well actually one of TOF's wings did that actually
    Thanks for the back ground on them . Do you know who is heading the charge for the lame meta business ? .. Those very decent & credible players who make DT surely don't deserve the press they're getting since letting in the farms !?!

  11. #11
    Eddy
    Guest

    Default

    I love it when I see an attempt to split an alliance via the chat.


    Fair play to you and good look with the campaign Haters

  12. #12
    Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member Khnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SE London
    Posts
    1,846

    Default

    It would never work Eddy .. strong players know their aim & it doesn't include meta .

    Pride comes from achievement & that won't include the soft arms & farms of DT !!! ....... ?

  13. #13
    Eddy
    Guest

    Default

    Think you're probably right unfortunately Keef.


    It would be funny if I could rev them up enough that they stuck together as a matter of principle though.
    ie - 'we aren't being split up by Hate yapping on the forum'.

    Would trash their game staying together, lol

    But then again, you could also trash their game by splitting them if you have planned for the outcome of the split???


    As I say, love this stuff

  14. #14
    Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Moog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Trolling Forum
    Posts
    1,693

    Default

    None of the little suckers have posted though. Would be nice to hear from them. I just wanted to know if they're happy to go from elite anti-meta alli to bog standard meta. Seems a change which should cause some friction, yet none of them have the cohones to explain themselves. I'm not interested in splitting them up, indeed I would rather they remained a care bear meta, since they are far more predictable, and far easier to destroy. Some big players with skill to match their deep pockets, don't tell me they don't read forum. Since they do, it would be nice to discover who they think they are, and what they think they're doing on my server.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

  15. #15
    Anonymous the third
    Guest

    Default

    It would appear that their leaders are more interested in getting through the server by negotiation than fighting. I had a lovely long conversation with one of their leaders who thought they should confed up with HATE. He was so flattering I didn't have the heart to tell him HATE don't do confeds

    On another note, I do know that not all their players are totally happy with the fast expansion and one wing has certainly been dropped, but I have a feeling that more will sprout up.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous the third View Post
    It would appear that their leaders are more interested in getting through the server by negotiation than fighting. I had a lovely long conversation with one of their leaders who thought they should confed up with HATE. He was so flattering I didn't have the heart to tell him HATE don't do confeds

    On another note, I do know that not all their players are totally happy with the fast expansion and one wing has certainly been dropped, but I have a feeling that more will sprout up.
    Sorry Anon but i'm going to have to call foul on that one i'm afraid. DT don't do confeds with outside alliances. WNx who also don't do confeds had a reasonable conversation with them about it but in the end both alliances decided to stick with their "no NAP/Confed pact motto", So yeah i'm going to call you out on claiming a NW alliance wanted a NAP/Confed with a SE alliance who're miles away from them

    Back to DT: When they were rank 14 they had about 32 members. They've picked up some dead wood but for the most part DT is #1 for a reason. They've still got all of those Elite members and all of them raid reguarly (So gotta call foul on anons claims they're trying to get to the top through negotiation, just sounds like HATE bashing DT because DT took the #1 spot from them).
    So yeah: DT= dangerous as ever+ 5-10 deadwoods that will probably get replaced later.
    The wings... Just checked and DT is only allied with 1 wing, lowest member is 300 pop, average of about 700 for the wing. So I'd say the wing is also quite kickass.

    Anyway attacking DT is always a bad idea
    If you look at the "scroll Whores" Thread you'll see that only 1 person on that list (in the top 10) is actually legit. Look at what alliance that player is, I don't see any HATE members on that top 10 heros list im afraid
    Last edited by MOD Sam; 26 May 2012 at 12:56 PM.

  17. #17
    Anonymous the third
    Guest

    Default

    Unfortunately I am not allowed to paste IGMs in here so I can't counter your argument here, but I am happy to show you them on skype if you like?

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WNxRip View Post
    DT don't do confeds with outside alliances. WNx who also don't do confeds had a reasonable conversation with them about it but in the end both alliances decided to stick with their "no NAP/Confed pact motto"
    You can't have a no NAP/Confed motto if you have NAPs or Confeds.
    Clearly DT have no problem with taking on Confeds as we've seen them popping up all over the place. (If the reports are true they've only dropped some because their better members complained.)

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WNxRip View Post
    WNx who also don't do confeds had a reasonable conversation with them about it but in the end both alliances decided to stick with their "no NAP/Confed pact motto"
    so two alliances who don't do confeds had a conversation about confed'ing up with each other? amazing lol sooo you're no NAP/confed until someone comes along with a better offer?

    Quote Originally Posted by WNxRip View Post
    So yeah i'm going to call you out on claiming a NW alliance wanted a NAP/Confed with a SE alliance who're miles away from them
    It could be the DT negotiator was clueless and didn't know what quad HATE were in?

    Quote Originally Posted by WNxRip View Post
    If you look at the "scroll Whores" Thread you'll see that only 1 person on that list (in the top 10) is actually legit. Look at what alliance that player is, I don't see any HATE members on that top 10 heros list im afraid
    yup - I was most disappointed there were no HATE scroll whores Tho even the DT player seems to have got around a quarter of their points from outside their account...so I'm not entirely convinced there wasn't any buying up

  20. #20
    Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member Khnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SE London
    Posts
    1,846

    Default

    Strong rumours abound that indeed those 'better' players will leave to form a truly credible ally are growing .. look forward to seeing that as there is a real core of believers of anti meta : )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •