Thread: Res Ratio

Default Res Ratio

I hope this is posted in the right section and I am not repeating. I couldn't find this anywhere else! I was just wondering what ratio people build there resources in? Do you favour a particular one? Build them equally? Obviously wheat is the most complicated one but I was just wondering.

Thanks

Mr Fantastic

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MLGJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TJH123 View Post
    I hope this is posted in the right section and I am not repeating. I couldn't find this anywhere else! I was just wondering what ratio people build there resources in? Do you favour a particular one? Build them equally? Obviously wheat is the most complicated one but I was just wondering.

Thanks
    There's all sorts of dependencies here but for me based on a Tuet:

If you have a 4,4,4,6 village it generally makes sense to do the fields equally with a slight bias towards higher fields in clay, then wood, then iron (from memory to build 1 wood, 1 clay and 1 iron field up to level 10 takes approx 55k wood, 55k clay and 40k of iron and obviously wheat fields are more clay hungry too so that's why i do that order)

If you have croppers and gold then focus on the wheat fields and rely on npcing for the wood\clay\iron.
    Last edited by MLGJ; 30 May 2012 at 10:46 PM.
    This post was brought to you by "Mr Fantastic"

Yayyyyy made it on to setbacks ignore list, can give it but not take it
    Let me guess, some kind of funny joke?
    This message is hidden because MLGJ is on your ignore list.

Where is my apology from MLGJ, for his insult on the forums? - URSULA THE MINOR
    In your dreams Sunshine xx

Thanks. I saw on an external guide a suggestion that for maximum growth your wood:clay:iron:crop ratio should be about 10:12:8:6. I don't know if this seems slightly extreme though? Surely having half the amount of wheat as clay is bound to lead to negatives if you need to build more troops quickly.

Mr Fantastic

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MLGJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TJH123 View Post
    Thanks. I saw on an external guide a suggestion that for maximum growth your wood:clay:iron:crop ratio should be about 10:12:8:6. I don't know if this seems slightly extreme though? Surely having half the amount of wheat as clay is bound to lead to negatives if you need to build more troops quickly.
    Again this is all dependent on what village this is.

If this is village number 1 i.e your spawn the way you are going to do fields is very different that villages 3 onwards. Dependent on the type of player you are, i.e if raiding you're going to be throwing these resources into troops with the occasional upping of wheat fields to ensure you can build your infrastructure, negative wheat is then dealt with by either by either getting it via raids or having to npc it. Most of the big earlier raiders won't bother with wood\clay\iron fields until they've settled village 2. (though they've changed the rules on T4 around not being able to crop lock yourself so not sure what impact this now has on startup)

If you're not a raider that then method described above will be the quickest way of building your fields up.

Then ideally you're looking at settling the best cropper you can find within the location that you are wanting to stay in.

For villages after that depending on if you're a simmer like me, you use your existing villages to push resources to the new villages to help them grow as quickly as possible.
    This post was brought to you by "Mr Fantastic"

Yayyyyy made it on to setbacks ignore list, can give it but not take it
    Let me guess, some kind of funny joke?
    This message is hidden because MLGJ is on your ignore list.

Where is my apology from MLGJ, for his insult on the forums? - URSULA THE MINOR
    In your dreams Sunshine xx

Have a plan and broadly stick with it :p

So iron is good if you are mass producing praets, gaul troops tend to need more clay, and you'll need wood if you are spamming mace.

And read the guides for the basics, but as you get more experience and find your own style, work out what is best for your account. (v early on I had a fab dual and our plan was essentially to beat the biggest uk army at the time - so we'd have daily/weekly conversations about what the most important things were for the next week, and what direction to go in to make sure we stood the best chance of achieving our goal - having that regular conversation was stunningly effective)

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member

If you are playing no gold, apart from wheat I find it pretty self balancing. The fields need a smaller amount of their own res to make them, so if you are short on say clay, the clay fields are easiest to build as in they are the 1st available. There is a page on killroid

http://travian.kirilloid.ru/villages...10,10,10&fs=31

which indicates build sequences but basically apart from wheat you build what you have the least of

as a side comment, once you have a few vills, usual practice is to keep them even till you get to 8's, then push 1 field to 10 and do the bonus building, looking at killroid now it has a slightly different sequence but close enough.

Thanks everyone for your help. I am will think about this all and hopefully be much more efficient this time round! And thanks for the link too looks helpful
    Last edited by TJH123; 31 May 2012 at 09:22 PM.