Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WvV - Round 26 - Game of Thrones (take one; round terminated)

Anonymous the third

Default WvV - Round 26 - Game of Thrones (take one; round terminated)

WvV Round 26 - Game of Thrones

The future of the Seven Kingdoms hangs in the balance. In Westeros, two competing families play the Game of Thrones. The Starks, Kings of the North, their symbol the great direwolf, are heading South to claim the Iron Throne, collecting allies and fighting enemies along the way. Their leaders scattered, they must try to work together if they are to succeed. The Lannisters, sly, greedy and cunning; their symbol of the Lion would be better replaced by a fox. Tywin Lannister already holds the power of the Iron Throne, but for how long? The Lannisters need to bring as many to their cause as they can if they are to hold on to their power. Several key players must decide which, if either, of the two houses to cast their lot in with.

But all of this could change should Daenerys Targaryen unleash her dragons...

[spoiler=View extended rules with changes made for potential three-way]Game Mechanics & Rules

1 - The game basics:
    • The game has three sides; the Lannisters(villagers), the Starks(villagers) and the Targaryens(wolves). The aim for the Lannisters is to destroy the Starks and kill Danaerys Targaryen. The aim for the Starks is to destroy the Lannisters and kill Danaerys. The Targaryens aim is to find Daenerys’ dragons in order to be able to kill all the Starks and Lannisters.
    • Players not assigned to a House from the outset will be given roles as chaotics. Chaotics will give their allegiance to a house if the leader of House Stark or House Lannister asks for them to be indentified. (If both houses enquire after the same player on the same night then the House they are assigned to will be determined by a coin toss).
    • Each day, all players (Starks, Lannisters, Targaryens and chaotics) will send a vote in for a player to be sacrificed to the God R’hllor (removed from the game by (un)popular vote) to The Host who runs the game, collecting all of the votes and posting the Kill Post each night. After the sacrifice any "Special Characters" with daily actions will perform them. Together, the results of the sacrifice vote and the player actions will be posted in a Kill Post that tallies up all the events of the "day". After each Kill Post, a new day starts.
    • All votes and actions must be sent in to The Host before the deadline; while some actions take place after the lynching, the desired action still has to be turned in to the host ahead of time.

2 - General details:
    • The round will end when either the Targaryens kill all of the Starks and Lannisters, or the Starkss destroy all the Lannisters AND Daenerys Targaryen is dead, or the Lannisters kill all the Starks AND Daenerys Targaryen is dead. This will take several days, each being 24 hours long. A summary of the day will be included in the Kill Post, which includes a full set of sacrifice and night actions.
    • Votes are due by 10:15pm.
    • Kill post will (hopefully) by posted by 11pm.

3 - How To Win:
    • Targaryens win if all the Starks and Lannisters are eliminated. (Not including any chaotics who have given allegiance to either House.)
    • Starks will win if they destroy all the Lannisters AND Daenerys Targaryen is dead. (Not including any chaotics who have given allegiance to House Lannister.)
    • Lannisters will win if they destroy all the Starks AND Daenerys Targaryen is dead. (Not including any chaotics who have given allegiance to House Stark.)

4 - Order of Events:
    • Sacrifice will be first followed by any special actions including assassin kill followed by alpha kill.
    • Should a player be killed by public sacrifice then their special action for that night will not be carried out.
    • In the event of one special action influencing another, they will be carried out in the order they are sent to The Host.
    • Should the alpha (Daenerys Targaryen) be killed by public sacrifice or assassin kill then her alpha kill will be carried out by her remaining supporters (wolves).

5 - Assigning Roles:
    • Roles are chosen at random, although some thought is given as to whether the person would be appropriate for the role.
    • You can not directly tell someone their role (EXCEPT once you have been placed into a House Skype room, then you may tell other team members your role), you may hint at it and you may answer them if they ask, but you must NOT go round telling people your role.
    • Roles will be assigned to those who is believed will use them to their best advantages. For example, someone who may have a history of going inactive will be less likely to receive a Special role.
    • At the start of a round, roles will be given to each player (they will either be a Stark, a Lannister, a Targaryen or a Chaotic). Everyone will receive a message this round

6 - Kill Post Notes:
    • Sacrifice will be described, with included vote list.
    • After a player is sacrificed, their exact role will be revealed.
    • Alpha and assassin kill will be described distinctly.
    • The order of events in the kill post may be random (although all effects will be based on the action order), with concessions made for continuity.

7 - Sacrificing and Voting:
    • All players must vote each night. Votes should be sent by Personal Message to the The Host before 10:15pm. The player that receives the most votes are then removed from the game. Tied votes result in a No Sacrifice, meaning that no-one is killed by public sacrifice that night. Although Special Characters may be able to influence other parts of the Kill Post, they cannot prevent someone from being killed by the Public Sacrifice.
    • Everyone must vote either to sacrifice someone, or for "no sacrifice", meaning that they do not wish to vote for anyone.
    • In the event of the players failing to make a sacrifice to R'hllor, he may become angry. In this case, one of a number of predetermined penalties will be randomly incurred.
    • A list of votes (including who cast each vote) will be included with each kill post.
    • Votes can be changed once only up to the voting deadline. If possible, reply to your previous vote's PM to change it (it will be in your "Sent" box if you have the auto-save sent option enabled); otherwise, note in your message that you are changing your vote.

8 - Assassin Kill:
    • The Assassin is a Special; they have the choice of killing a player every other night (known as the Assassin Kill). The assassins may receive advice from their house members on who to kill. They may also choose not to kill anyone overnight. Their choice (or a message stating that they choose not to kill) must be PM'd to The Host by the time listed in General Details.
    • Some Special Characters have the ability to block an Assassin Kill from happening. This results in the Assassin kill not taking place on the night of that round.
    • The Assassin Kill target can be changed once only up to the voting deadline. If possible, reply to your previous PM to change it (it will be in your "Sent" box if you have the auto-save sent option enabled); otherwise, note in your message that you are changing your target.

9 - Alpha Kill:
    • The Alpha is a Special Targaryen; they have the choice of killing a player every night ONLY after the dragons have been released (known as the Alpha Kill). The alpha may receive advice from their house members on who to kill. They may also choose not to kill anyone overnight. Their choice (or a message stating that they choose not to kill) must be PM'd to The Host by the time listed in General Details.
    • Some Special Characters have the ability to block an Alpha Kill from happening. This results in the Alpha kill not taking place on the night of that round.
    • The Alpha Kill target can be changed once only up to the voting deadline. If possible, reply to your previous PM to change it (it will be in your "Sent" box if you have the auto-save sent option enabled); otherwise, note in your message that you are changing your target.

10 - Special Characters:
    • Any player with a Special action must Personal Message the The Host by the time listed in General Details, either with their target's name, or to tell The Host that they will not use their action that night.
    • If a player dies before their turn, then their action doesn't happen.
    • For the special actions, the kill post will not mention which character performed the action; instead, only the target and action type will be mentioned.
    • Only if the Special Character influences the Kill Post will they be mentioned in it. Special Characters such as a Seer will not be mentioned directly in the Kill Post.
    • seering of players by Eddard Stark will only result in either “Stark” or “Not Stark”. If the player seered is a chaotic then they will become a Stark supporter.
    • seering of players by Tywin Lannister will only result in either “Lannister” or “Not Lannister”. If the player seered is a chaotic then they will become a Lannister supporter.
    • seering of players by Melisandre will result in a cryptic riddle which will need to be deciphered/interpreted. Melisandre may only seer players once she has allied to a House.
    • Special choices can be changed ONCE ONLY up to the voting deadline. If possible, reply to your previous PM to change it (it will be in your "Sent" box if you have the auto-save sent option enabled); otherwise, note in your message that you are changing your target.

11 - Chaotics:
    • Any player who is assigned a role as a chaotic will not initially choose a side.
    • If a chaotic is named by pm to “The Host” by Eddard Stark or Tywin Lannister then they will be assigned to that house and will be added to the appropriate skype room.
    • If all members of a house are killed before Daenerys Targaryen is dead then any remaining chaotic supporters in that house will be reassigned to a new House. The choice of house will be decided by coin toss for each player.
    • Special abilities given to Chaotic players may only be utilised once they are aligned to a House.
    • Special choices can be changed ONCE ONLY up to the voting deadline. If possible, reply to your previous PM to change it (it will be in your "Sent" box if you have the auto-save sent option enabled); otherwise, note in your message that you are changing your target.

12 - Dragons:
    • Only Daenerys Targaryen can look for dragons. She must release each of her three dragons individually by random number.
    • Daenerys must choose a number between 1 and 8 each night. Numbers should be sent by Personal Message to the The Host before 10:15pm. Each dragon has been randomly assigned a number between 1 and 8. Each time a number is guessed correctly a dragon will be released.
    • Release of dragons will be included with the kill post.

13 - Inactivity:
    • Every player is permitted 5 nights inactivity, of which a maximum of 3 nights in a row is allowed. Once you've been inactive for three days in a row, you'll be removed for inactivity.
    • Anyone who does not send in both their vote and their special choice (if they have one) by the time listed in General Details, they will be listed as "did not attend the meeting. This will count as one of their possible 5 nights inactivity.
    • If you wish to not use your special but still want to vote for the Public Lynch, you must Personal Message The Host to inform them of your decision.

14 - Influencing:
    • While we understand that being killed can make the rest of the game boring when a player isn't playing, do not ruin the game for others by influencing votes or decisions. This counts for everyone. We have no problem with you posting in a passive manner, but influencing will not be tolerated. You shall be removed from any chats you are in and banned from playing future rounds.

15 - Skype Chat(s):
    • A Skype chat is set up each round by those running the round, giving the users a chance to talk and converse with one another easily while allowing off topic talk. However, excessive spam will lead users being muted; the player will be set as a listener, meaning that they can only read back on what people have posted. Only once those running the game feel they have served their time will they be un-muted. So please, think before you post.
    • Each House will also be assigned their own skype chat for players in that House only. New members of the house will be added by the Gods. Members of the House may also add players if they are convinced that player is allied to their House.
    • If you are dead, you may not influence people’s votes at all. If you choose to do this, you will be removed from any chats you are in and you will also not be allowed to play future rounds. If a player has died, it does not give them a right to ruin the fun for anyone else playing.
    • You are not allowed to post screen shots of your skype chats, history, or quote/screenie ANYTHING said by the Gods in PM.

16 - General Rules:
    • Stay active. If you don't think you will be around later on during the day, make sure you get your vote in early. If you don't think you'll be able to stay active for 4 or 5 days from when the round starts, don't sign up.
    • No posting of any type of private messages (this includes PMs, chat logs, stuff said in private forums, etc.) that pertain to this match. It's fine to have private conversations, but they stay private. Since posting private messages without the other party's consent is against the forum rules, no exceptions will be made for this game.
    • No forwarding of my game-related messages (or screenshots, or any other circumvention) to other players. If I find out that a player has done this, they will be removed from the game; no warnings are given.
    • If you're dead, don't spoil the game by hanging around. You can watch, and perhaps post briefly after you have died, but don't try to keep participating.
    [/spoiler]

Not played before?

What is this game?
    WvV is a role-playing game between two opposite sides, the goodies and the baddies. Upon signing up to the game, you are given a role (either as a goody or a baddie) and have to convince everybody else you are good in order to survive and win. This means the game involves a lot of chatting, plotting, diplomacy and working as a team and it can get heated sometimes - if you like Travian, you'll love this!

How do I play?
    When the game begins, the Game Host will send you a private message on the forum, telling you if you are a goodie or baddie. Depending on which type you are, will effect how you play the game. To begin playing, you will need to start by convincing others you are innocent. As long as people think you’re innocent then you should be kept alive! If you have been told you’re a baddie, then your job is to convince others that good players are in fact bad players so they get killed instead of you (still following?). Save your own skin at all costs, it’s dog-eat-dog.

Each day you are allowed to vote for one person in the group who you trust the least and believe to be a baddie (or, if you’re a baddie yourself, vote for the person who you want to incriminate as a baddie). Everyone else in the game votes too, and at the end of the evening the votes are counted. The person who has received the most votes is removed from the game. It is also revealed if they were good or bad, so you know if your assumptions were right or wrong (or if your manipulation was successful!).

How does anyone win?
    As more and more players get voted out of the game each night, eventually one side will achieve the winning criteria. This criteria can change, but most of the time it is outlined as the following. For baddies to win, they must kill ALL goodies. For the goodies to win, they must kill ALL baddies. You tend to win as a group, rather than an individual. Sometimes the game is brought to a close earlier if the bad side outnumbers the good side, and it is therefore impossible for the good side to win.

Don't worry if you still can't grasp the whole concept, it often takes a round or two to settle in and we have lots of regular players who will be happy to guide you. If you are interested in giving this a go, read the story above which sets the scene of the game, then post in this thread to sign-up for the game before the closing date

** Please note, this round is different from usual and will involve 2 equal playing sides with potentially a third wolf side**

Signed up so far:
    1. Boii
    2. Brenda
    3. Cait
    4. Carrothead - you know you want to...
    5. emolga
    6. Enterprise1
    7. Gazzman
    8. hrbdefender
    9. jakeyyy
    10. Kizzy
    11. Luckies
    12. Matt68
    13. mistressdivine
    14. mitmate
    15. MOD Abyss
    16. MOD Ross
    17. Moles
    18. mrpanky
    19. penfold
    20. Pilky
    21. Pinkfairyking
    22. Razorwind
    23. relsoh
    24. Ryder
    25. Samantha78
    26. Stovokor
    27. Syam
    28. TheDamned
    29. wgn
    Last edited by 93ross; 07 May 2013 at 11:16 PM.

Hmm, I'm on the edge. On the positive side, I can put the theme song on repeat for hours and pretend I'm a Lord of the land, but are there going to be seers?

Sign me up

Quote Originally Posted by Carrothead View Post
    Hmm, I'm on the edge. On the positive side, I can put the theme song on repeat for hours and pretend I'm a Lord of the land, but are there going to be seers?
    Description mentions seers.

Quote Originally Posted by pilky View Post
    Sign me up

Description mentions seers.
    Ah right, would help if I read it properly. Sounds like a great round, AtT, but no thanks.

Angelic

I would like to play
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Anonymous the third

Ah right, would help if I read it properly. Sounds like a great round, AtT, but no thanks.
    Chicken. It's different this round, each side has a seer and baddies can get unleashed at any time..

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous the third View Post
    Chicken. It's different this round, each side has a seer and baddies can get unleashed at any time..
    I'm not questioning the balance, I'm just bored of seers. It's nothing personal ofc, I love the sound of it and I'm sure it'll be fantastic!

Anonymous the third

Maybe they will get killed off early, but with all their team spread all over it would be hard to find them without some kind of seer

Well I don't want to spam up the thread on the reasons that I hate seers and why I want to see the back of the, but I wouldn't mind if you wanted to talk about it on skype or pm or something :p

Spammer-in-chief Prolific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul MemberProlific Gaul Member Mouse-Keyboard's Avatar

Well I don't want to spam up the thread on the reasons that I hate seers and why I want to see the back of the, but I wouldn't mind if you wanted to talk about it on skype or pm or something :p
    Is it because it makes it too easy for the village, and means that people don't do anything themselves, instead just following what the seer says?
    Join WvV Round 17:  Students versus Teachers!
    Read the colour of the words (not the words). Blue Red Orange Green Black Red Red Gray Purple Blue
    Count! - Steal a hill! - Do stuff! - Eat!

i'll play .......
    Duke of Salford UK3

Anonymous the third

there aren't any "villagers", per se, this round.

He's Hearing Voices Hrbdefender's Avatar

innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Angelic

3 dragons seem like a lot to find while not being killed. Why not do 3 days while She travels across the sea. After 3rd day activates.
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

/me wants dragons

It does sound like seers aren't the traditional seers this round, more like recruiters (and as you say, there are no villagers)

Oh and I wanna play :p (Erm, usual caveats about struggling to get on skype during the week before vote time if it's tough week)

And how wedded are you to votes by pm rather than on the forum + optional role play ? (on the forum is much easier to follow if not on Skype/Skype on iPad that can't cope with the size of room/ and I suspect for disoriented newbs :p )

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Cait's Avatar

it sounds great. Sounds like everyone will have some involvement - and I liked the last 3 way *ooer*

(Sams confused me - voting IS by forum PM isnt it?)

Cait
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2261602b9eb That thing!
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/442138afbca A fluffy hammer
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/845573c4010 Titch the rammer with an inferiority complex. (5x - 4 weeks - worse ram tribe)
    and for the Faffing Hammer that got away
    http://forum.travian.co.uk/showpost....80&postcount=1

Votes by forum pm vs. votes posted public on the thread - is that clearer cait? (I was being too lazy to spell out properly on iPad lol)

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Cait's Avatar

ah
    Not sure what I think about voting on the forums instead of by PM (seems like it would be really easy for the gods to miss votes) but I do agree that its better if there is more stuff in the forum - if its all in skype its hard to keep track and quite intimidating
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2261602b9eb That thing!
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/442138afbca A fluffy hammer
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/845573c4010 Titch the rammer with an inferiority complex. (5x - 4 weeks - worse ram tribe)
    and for the Faffing Hammer that got away
    http://forum.travian.co.uk/showpost....80&postcount=1

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member PinkFairyKing's Avatar

Im in for the first time.

Anonymous the third

I am thinking about having everyone post a bit of role play on the forum and votes could be put there too, but would prefer all votes pm'd simply because I know some people look at activity for pms to catch out specials.....

Maybe all votes by pm but everyone must also post their vote plus a little role play reason for it to count?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast