Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tier 2 Items

Quote Originally Posted by EJ_Styles View Post
    Random question, how do you get the silver to bid for stuff on the auction? Real money or money you find after your hero does adventures in game?
    Right you either:

- Find silver on adventures
    - Sell items you find on adventures at the auction (thus giving you silver in return)
    - Or you can exchange gold for silver, 1 gold = 100 silver, you can also exchange silver to gold but you lose out this way as 200 silver = 1 gold
    UK1 - Baggins

Quote Originally Posted by Chesser View Post
    If you rely solely on the silver you find in adventures you probably won't get very far.

Two other ways of funding your habits, depending on how rich/sad/addicted you are.....
    Selling stuff - lots of stuff to find on adventures....most of it unmitigated rubbish but the noobs pay for the stuff so sell it to them.
    Gold exchange - mostly a rip off but useful to get some stock in to start with.

Beware, prices vary extraordinarily.
    Damn you Chesser, I'm just too slow.
    UK1 - Baggins

Random question, how do you get the silver to bid for stuff on the auction? Real money or money you find after your hero does adventures in game?
    You can convert gold to silver, you can find silver on adventures, and you can earn silver by selling stuff you find on adventures that you don't want or need (do *not* sell your horse :p)

(And hi )

[But it is quite sweet (or just tragic) that an answer was easily gotten at this time on a Friday night...]

I'm a Gaul Deffer, honest Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Chesser's Avatar

*rotfl at both the last two posters. For differing reasons*

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78 View Post
    [But it is quite sweet (or just tragic) that an answer was easily gotten at this time on a Friday night...]
    Made me chuckle :p
    UK1 - Baggins

Cheers lads, Sam knows that I call female players lads, son, mate, kid just as it's easier to group everyone together. Have to explain to others as people have gotten offended by me calling them son when they are a girl and older than me.

I'm a Gaul Deffer, honest Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Chesser's Avatar

Tier 2 items phooey. I'm happy getting my 300 silver and nothing same as usual. *rolls eyes*

still nothing tier 2. if i hadn't seen a thoroughbred up for sale already i would say they where yanking our chain about the release date.

New Poster

Got Scale Armour yesterday - should fetch a decent amount.
    Ex Forum Admin/Support .in
    Ex Super Moderator/Support .co.za

Can anyone get the Tier 2 stuff? Or does your hero have to be a certain level?

Anyone can get it so long as it has been released.

And trav likes them :-(

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member boxerboy89's Avatar

got teir 2 legionairre sword today.
    shame it wasnt the imperian sword
    UK4 - Mr.Joe | UK1 - Stormfront

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member PinkFairyKing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerboy89 View Post
    got teir 2 legionairre sword today.
    shame it wasnt the imperian sword
    I found the Tier 2 Praet sword about a week ago, im using it now.

Quick question about the cages, what animals do they trap? Is it automatically the strongest animals there (elephants, tigers etc.) or the weakest ones (spiders, bats). And can you send your hero to an Oasis on his Jackie Jones and he wont fight any creatures even if there are more animals than cages?

Also one final question, why are people paying 10,000 Silver for 26 Cages. They don't appear to be worth no where near that, do the MH look into the auctions to see if players are pushing Silver to people they know by paying over the top prices.

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member keevill_81's Avatar

random .... try and go for an oasis with bears , wolf and boar as they are all quite strong .... u may get lucky and find an all elephant oasis but this is very rare , i found one on uk 6 a couple of weeks ago . 10 elephants on there own . the bad part was i had just used some cages the day before to trap bears looked on auction but where going for silly money so left them .

no there not worth the money .... people are crazy . one guy i attacked had hundreds of animals 200 + money he must of spent worked tho i never went back .

Quick question about the cages, what animals do they trap? Is it automatically the strongest animals there (elephants, tigers etc.) or the weakest ones (spiders, bats). And can you send your hero to an Oasis on his Jackie Jones and he wont fight any creatures even if there are more animals than cages?

Also one final question, why are people paying 10,000 Silver for 26 Cages. They don't appear to be worth no where near that, do the MH look into the auctions to see if players are pushing Silver to people they know by paying over the top prices.
    http://travian.wikia.com/wiki/Nature
    (some of the information is old but most is still valid)

they catch in equal numbers top to bottom i.e
    Rat x4
    Spider x4
    Crocodile x4
    Tiger x4

and you have 14 cages, you will catch
    Rat x4
    Spider x4
    Crocodile x3
    Tiger x3

if you send your hero with cages he will not fight.
    people with more money than sense, some people would argue elephants are worth their weight in gold however. i believe the usual standard quote by the mods there is 'if you believe actions to be in breech of the rules report it to the mh' (not wanting to step on any toes there)

Quote Originally Posted by keevill_81 View Post
    random .... try and go for an oasis with bears , wolf and boar as they are all quite strong .... u may get lucky and find an all elephant oasis but this is very rare , i found one on uk 6 a couple of weeks ago . 10 elephants on there own . the bad part was i had just used some cages the day before to trap bears looked on auction but where going for silly money so left them .

no there not worth the money .... people are crazy . one guy i attacked had hundreds of animals 200 + money he must of spent worked tho i never went back .
    http://t4.answers.travian.co.uk/inde...=109#go2answer
    Nature strength - crocks and elephants are what you want for best value from your cages.
    Last edited by offspring; 02 Sep 2012 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by keevill_81 View Post

this is one of the worst combinations, you may as well get a couple of rats or bats
    sell cages build troops or failing that at least make sure there is a tiger or croc to play with

^^ what remnant said is right [although I've never been fully clear on the motivation for cage prices, on the one hand it's 'free' defence, but it also has the major attraction of clearing oasis - which can then be raided - without troop losses)

Paying stupid prices at the auction isn't against the rules per se - there are transactions like that which may be legal...such as transferring silver to a friend before you delete your account. But, it can be evidence of multi-accounting - for example, if half a dozen accounts only existed to do adventures and transfer silver to a 'main' account that would look very incriminating. And of course accounts should be played for their own benefit. As remnant said, if you see something really suspicious, report it, and the mh can investigate behind the scenes.

if money is no object then having elephants in permanent defence of your village is a good thing to have (ignoring the fact once they are gone they are gone)
    (simple maths using basic defence troops, ignoring any hero, village or arte bonus)

100 elephants = 44000 troop 52000 cav defence

Druidrider 115t 55c defence = 383/946 troop numbers to = same defence as elephants
    Phalanx 40t 50c defence = 1100/1040 troop numbers to = same defence as elephants

and consider the wheat usage to keep those troops, for 383D and 1040P is about 1.8k ish.

early game defiantly there is an advantage to having nature on your side, for those who can afford it. i've never had elephants on my side but i would sleep a lot easier at night early game knowing my humble hard working mace are safe(er) when returning home from the savage gaul TT ghost raiders.
    Last edited by offspring; 02 Sep 2012 at 10:47 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast