Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: [Endgame] WW/Plans Attacks UK3 Round 5

Anonymous the third

Quote Originally Posted by Joeragon View Post
    you sure about that one? i get the feeling you are a little admirer of HATE lol. Or maybe just cos they let NE borrow some plans
    Or maybe he is just enough of a sportsman to be able to say well done to someone on the other team?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous the third View Post
    Or maybe he is just enough of a sportsman to be able to say well done to someone on the other team?
    Its possible, but I have always got the impression from the forum he is an admirer of HATE. Not saying there is anything wrong with that, as i too like the way HATE play.
    Herman (dual) uk3

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Moog's Avatar

I do think it's difficult to admire, or give much respect to HATE if you are going for endgame. We are irritating spoilers who don't mind chucking off about, since we don't have to plan long term. I know HATErs who've lost their hammers mid game who go on to rebuild nasty hammers, earn more off points than the WWk simmers who use the entire game to borg their troop once. We have fun though, so perhaps playing the conventional way has had it's day?
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    I do think it's difficult to admire, or give much respect to HATE if you are going for endgame. We are irritating spoilers who don't mind chucking off about, since we don't have to plan long term. I know HATErs who've lost their hammers mid game who go on to rebuild nasty hammers, earn more off points than the WWk simmers who use the entire game to borg their troop once. We have fun though, so perhaps playing the conventional way has had it's day?
    The two aren't mutually exclusive. It's easy to respect different playing styles (including those who don't play for end game / having different priorities). Az, for example, does a good job of that. He's played a variety of different ways and elects to play with alliances that suit whatever his personal preference is at the time. That doesn't stop him from giving credit to achievements where it is due, even if those are achievements he has no personal interest in obtaining himself. Ryder, Khnum (most of the time :p), On Delete, amalgon, and MLGJ would be other stand out examples that spring immediately to mind. It's no coincidence that they are some of the most skilled players on the domain at whatever they choose to turn their attention to.

What isn't admirable are those who try to force their preferences onto others while failing to recognise that views other than their own may be valid; or those who not only claim but boast of a certain approach which turns out not to be true.

(For example, someone who boasts of being able to build a WWK without any support from others, but actually had sitters who raided for them extensively and half a dozen accounts which garaged tens of thousands of troops).

Anonymous the third

/me bites her tongue very, very hard.

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

Meme Shaun
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Servers;
    Com4 - IGN;Casper
    Uk5 - Gjenganger

/me bites her tongue very, very hard.
    I do apologise for omitting you from the list (tho I suspect that's not why :p)

Quote Originally Posted by Joeragon View Post
    you sure about that one? i get the feeling you are a little admirer of HATE lol. Or maybe just cos they let NE borrow some plans
    i haven't been on this server for ages, I had no positive interaction with HATE when i was playing this server... so, no, nothing to do with borrowing plans.

Do I admire hate? yes, did you not just see the post i made where i complemented their impressive attacking results. Surely being on the receiving end of a lot of those attacks, you could also take some pride in knowing you have been resilient enough in the ww race to still come out on top. Surely you have some sort of sense of achievement that stems from that?

Can I admire hates attacks stats, from the position of the enemy? of course, im certainly not going to be blinded by personal fights. You can if you want to, but I think it would be stupid if you did.

The Quiet One MemberMember blibble's Avatar

As the Early morning mist lifted across the server this morning there hung over the NMS DA .Hostile WW village a deathly silence broken only by the distant tap, tap, tap of the final bricks being tapped into place way up in the clouds at the top of the magnificent building. The WW.
    All waited with bated Breath, will this finally be the time? The time we make it to the end, there were no troops on the horizon, even the tavern was empty as all looked skyward.
    So many times we had been close before only to be toppled a few levels, the last time only 3 short days ago. Gemmell_Heros, numnuts and Berty had combined to take off 2 levels.
    Early yesterday evening level 99 was finished and the new shift started on level one hundred, the previous shift and infact all the builders refused to leave, all wanting to be part of this momentous event. The scouts were out and about all over the server checking for marching armies, Hidden missile launchers and the like. With less than 13 hrs, to go CouerDeLion appeared on the horizon. Much discussion followed as to his speed, when mikie appeared and pointed out we had forgotten his speed arty. But still the timing was close. Later that evening the magician’s scouts found his hero home in the tavern with his troops. Just before the deadline for this army to march they were seen on the horizon and the nail-biting recommenced ,however the magicians ever persistent scouted again finding the hero still in the tavern too drunk to hold a sword let alone sit a horse.
    So it was at 8.48am this morning as the clouds cleared the Red and Gold banner of Nemesis Dark Angels was raised above the completed World Wonder. NMS DA and her loyal allies Hostile, NMS BG AND FA had triumphed and the celebrations began.

This has been a long road with some hard fought battles along the way, But we have had an impressive team with an impressive spirit they have Bounced back every time the WW was hit and sent yet more defence and yet more wheat. To every single one of you. I say Thank you for your effort your time, your loyalty. We Started this for Mracius (sadly RL took him away from us this round.) Who has been with us in spirit all the way, it has long been his wish Nemesis Dark angels would win. WE finished this for ourselves for our team and our friends. YOU ROCK one and all.
    And finally as boots reminded us Thank you to the opposition, without whom there is no server no battle to win. Well done to all.

Blibble

NMS Council.

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Moog's Avatar

Well done! A shame Mracius couldn't be around to revel in the glory, but I'm sure he'll bask in the win anyway. Thank Gawd that one's over, never been so bored with a server before.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Quote Originally Posted by blibble View Post
    With less than 13 hrs, to go CouerDeLion appeared on the horizon
    We had decided the game was ready to end, at best I could have taken off a level and half the wall (58k inc. 2500 rams, 85k inc. 2850 cats), But I didn't want it to be a walk in the park for you, so I stopped raiding and sent the fake to land quite late.. Glad it kept you on your toes!

Quote Originally Posted by blibble View Post
    however the magicians ever persistent scouted again finding the hero still in the tavern too drunk to hold a sword let alone sit a horse.
    I did try to dodge the troops from the incomming raids..but, alas, the hero was NOT the only drunk one ... I was struggling to hold the mouse, or sit on the chair!

Well done to Herman for the hard fought win, and to all the others who helped make it an enjoyable server.

Marc ~ CouerDeLion Dual

Congratulations to NMS!

It is an undisputable achievement to, after so many years, group former players together and build an alliance, a WINNER. Well done Mracius!
    It shows your leadership skills.

Blibble, you sound like Mracius, especially your first paragraph. Very entertaining
    Last edited by Zeta; 14 Jan 2013 at 04:00 PM.

Well done to everyone on all sides, in particular to HATE for doing what they said they would do and sticking to it, going to be hard records to beat.
    We personally (Magic account) had a great server even though we vowed not to do T4.
    Thank you to everyone in NMS DA/BG/FA/Hostile for the support and the laughter in the skype room, and to the NMS DA leadership (particularly Blibble and Mushy)that kept us all together in the dark times.
    Well done to the Herman account for holding it all together and getting us to the end.
    Respect to all the foes we had battles with through the server, in particular Redclover. and CouerDeLion over the past few days....so glad it ended though Marc as we wouldn't have been in raiders this week with no TT's

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Thank Gawd that one's over, never been so bored with a server before.
    Have to agree, it has been mind numbing!
    Impan UK3 2011Weevil US3 2012

Anonymous the third

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Congratulations to NMS!

It is an undisputable achievement to, after so many years, group former players together and build an alliance, a WINNER. Well done Mracius!
    It shows your leadership skills.

Blibble, you sound like Mracius, especially your first paragraph. Very entertaining
    From what I heard, Mracius left early on in the server and it was Blibble held them all together. I think she is the one deserves the commendations.

From what I heard, Mracius left early on in the server and it was Blibble held them all together. I think she is the one deserves the commendations.

Yes she does along with Mushy, Mistress Mental and Trin. They held it all together even though I know some were well fed up and wanted out but didn't walk which I have a lot of admiration for.

Yay, a winner at last. Well done to NMS on winning the server. I have fought against many of the NMS players in the past and have to say I am pleased they have won. To blibble and the rest of the NMS management team, enjoy your win - you deserve it

Didn't know that. Thank you for the information.

Congratulations to Blibble and other members of NMS council!

I nominate Marc for an award. Not sure which one. Without him the world would have finished a long time ago, one way or the other! I also nominate Marc for an award for getting CouerDeLion the third despite myself lying unconscious in hospital for part of the server and he not knowing!
    I also nominate Herkus for an award which involves a locked room and all the persons he insulted and betrayed carrying wet towels.

Anonymous the third

Herkus definitely deserves that award!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast