Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: more wildlife than 1200 ?

Default more wildlife than 1200 ?

a player has taken a cropper 2 tiles from my 150%cropper ,i have recently scouted him to find about 1200 animals in the village....mmmmm,must have a rich daddy-kinda defeats the object of tactical play so long as you spend on gold,the game really sucks these days,with heavy gold spenders having a massive edge.

Yeah also this guys from Kuwait are annoying me... q80 and KUWAIT, buying all from the auctions, I can't buy even ointments. They sold some gas from Kuwait to Europe and now came here to destroy normal game. I don't have anything against gold buyers, I'm one of them aswell, but as long is not 100E per day like those guys are doing, this is abnormal.

There really should be some kind of cap on the amount of gold players can use a day,it has got to the point on a few servers where i have seen certain accounts spend a fortune to hog all the scrolls at auction time paying what are for the average player quite ridiculous amounts of money,
    i agree that it seems a bit self-defeating for someone like me,a gold user to complain,but for players to virtually hog certain items to the point that no-body can compete is just plainly unfair....i find myself using more gold just to remain competitive in this game....pity,it was such a great game at one stage.

Quote Originally Posted by almosthuman View Post
    There really should be some kind of cap on the amount of gold players can use a day,it has got to the point on a few servers where i have seen certain accounts spend a fortune to hog all the scrolls at auction time paying what are for the average player quite ridiculous amounts of money,
    i agree that it seems a bit self-defeating for someone like me,a gold user to complain,but for players to virtually hog certain items to the point that no-body can compete is just plainly unfair....i find myself using more gold just to remain competitive in this game....pity,it was such a great game at one stage.

unfortunetely , that will not be possible , once that travian games live of the gold buyers, if they dont buy gold , travian can end.. and that would be bad ..

if they have money , let them spent it ! it is a way of playing

Quote Originally Posted by Duarte_FazFaz View Post
    unfortunetely , that will not be possible , once that travian games live of the gold buyers, if they dont buy gold , travian can end.. and that would be bad ..

if they have money , let them spent it ! it is a way of playing
    Its probably his account ^
    Ukx - Round 11 - Natar WW hit, Mcawesomes haste stolen too.
    Ukx - Round 12 - Natar plans hit too, Friends Large confusion taken.
    Ukx - Round 13 - Natar plans hit yet again.
    Ukx - Round 14- http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/s...ad.php?t=75820

While I don't entirely disagree (as its the moderate gold spenders feeling the pinch), for every buyer willing to pay an insane price, there is a delighted seller

I think it changed the curve, but it did open up the chance for non gold players to get 'free' gold, and I believe some buy cheap and sell high on the market for more profit

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78 View Post
    While I don't entirely disagree (as its the moderate gold spenders feeling the pinch), for every buyer willing to pay an insane price, there is a delighted seller

I think it changed the curve, but it did open up the chance for non gold players to get 'free' gold, and I believe some buy cheap and sell high on the market for more profit
    i totally agree with you , in the beggining of the servers you can do a lot of plate / gold by selling a bunch of scrolls , like 25k ! t4 gives the chance to earn some money ..

erm....the flipside to this is that you have to weaken your account to make some gold(remembering that you will still have to outlay 25k to recoup those scrolls at auction),
    anyhows,i guess the main thrust is that some accounts can virtually neuter the other accounts by hogging all the early game advantage giving auction items...25k for scrolls,its a joke.
    even though players can earn gold on the auction the current system allows the bigger spenders(and it does seem like there are some players prepared to spend a lot of money)to get immensly powerful accounts with very little work.
    Last edited by almosthuman; 08 Nov 2012 at 01:43 PM.

I'm a Gaul Deffer, honest Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Chesser's Avatar

I agree with Sam here.

For all those who say its unfair, well its a wargame, its not supposed to be nice and fair. Those people who can't afford any gold probably look at you and say 'its soooo unfair'. Fact of the matter is its the money that counts for Travian at the end of the day. Personally I like the system. I get to play travian for free (yes I'm one of those speculators Sam was on about).

Does it make all powerful accounts? Hogwash. You think the vast majority of these people have any idea how to actually play the game? Nice shiny new toy, go along and trash it.... it'll make you feel better.

MemberMember

a player has taken a cropper 2 tiles from my 150%cropper ,i have recently scouted him to find about 1200 animals in the village....mmmmm,must have a rich daddy-kinda defeats the object of tactical play so long as you spend on gold,the game really sucks these days,with heavy gold spenders having a massive edge.
    Hmmm, so someone having animals as defense is defeating the object of tactical play ? I dont understand how thats possible, defending IS part of tactical play.

Also if you think about it 1200 animals (cages) Is approximately 120k silver ? Unless prices have significantly changed since last server but its roughly 100 silver for a cage (and if you hit the auction at night, the prices drop severely). So mathematically, lets say its 120k total. So it was only 1200 gold used for cages. Maybe my math is wrong ? Or i dunno.......

But yea, ya cant say having animals is NOT a tactical play.

BUT i will agree , 1200 animals is a dam ZOO for real !! lol
    -If you always do what you did, You will always get what you got.-
    Ukx 11 - Emily - and some nice Reports
    Ukx 12 - WarLords :smod:
    Ukx 13 - Im just going to troll the forum for a while.

MemberMember

Quote Originally Posted by Chesser View Post
    Does it make all powerful accounts? Hogwash. You think the vast majority of these people have any idea how to actually play the game? Nice shiny new toy, go along and trash it.... it'll make you feel better.
    I agree , gold does not make the account powerful IF the players are trash and dont know the concept of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverShine View Post
    Hmmm, so someone having animals as defense is defeating the object of tactical play ? I dont understand how thats possible, defending IS part of tactical play.

Also if you think about it 1200 animals (cages) Is approximately 120k silver ? Unless prices have significantly changed since last server but its roughly 100 silver for a cage (and if you hit the auction at night, the prices drop severely). So mathematically, lets say its 120k total. So it was only 1200 gold used for cages. Maybe my math is wrong ? Or i dunno.......

But yea, ya cant say having animals is NOT a tactical play.

BUT i will agree , 1200 animals is a dam ZOO for real !! lol
    1400 and counting,
    some players dont use that much gold per game....he used 1200 gold to fill a village with animals,nah sorry guys that is just plain overkill,and far too much of an advantage as far as i am concerned-early game,
    he has taken a cropper that is critical to my development and is just sitting on it and filling it with wildlife....

ah well,my choice to play i suppose....i just prefer not to join these early metas or large allies pre-arties,but seems like i will have to if i want to shift this Midas-who of course is building troops at leisure.

MemberMember

Well it is still a tactical move, wether its with or without gold. No need to build defensive troops for the time being, and can focus on offensive army.

I dunno if i would of went that route, if i ended up as u said, someone settled near you. But if thats the style of play they choose, then i dunno what we can do about it ... Ya know what i mean.

Welcome to T4 where skill doesnt matter as long as you have your checkbook out.

nothing i can do about it...
    call it tactics if you will,surely it is,but its like playing real money monopoly with Bill Gates...I have a real bad feeling about this.
    anyhow,1500 and counting............and his igms are super annoying as well,kinda like"how i fid my adiballs and wer i find ephelumps ?"
    ....we see,can this modern day Noah/Rockefeller hybrid be defeated ? he will battle to get another village up and running as easily.

MemberMember

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman View Post
    Welcome to T4 where skill doesnt matter as long as you have your checkbook out.

YOOOOO whats up man !!.. How u doing ?

And skill is still required. Money dont time attks, or coordinate Ops, or build troops, or farm, etc

nothing i can do about it...
    call it tactics if you will,surely it is,but its like playing real money monopoly with Bill Gates...I have a real bad feeling about this.
    anyhow,1500 and counting............and his igms are super annoying as well,kinda like"how i fid my adiballs and wer i find ephelumps ?"
    ....we see,can this modern day Noah/Rockefeller hybrid be defeated ? he will battle to get another village up and running as easily.
    haha, i hear ya. Funny comparison too, (bill gates / monopoly)

But i dont condone making fun of someones language barrier, or age frame in the game. Some people dont speak foreign languages well at all. And some people on here are actually kids (either mentally, or agewise) lol
    Last edited by zimrich; 08 Nov 2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: double post (please use the edit button)

who is making fun of anyone ? i said it was annoying..obviously he is doing it to antagonise me Einstein.

MemberMember

who is making fun of anyone ? i said it was annoying..obviously he is doing it to antagonise me Einstein.
    Ahhhhh ok, now we resort to name calling here, and a feeble attempt to belittle me. Sigh.

Anyway, Since you want to be extremely literal with what we mean here. Let me rephrase what i said before, in a more understanding way for you. That you dont take as a personal attack on yourself.

I never said that YOU were making fun of them, But i did see you post the alleged vocabulary and insane grammatical errors that was utilized in their correspondence with you. All i did was toss in a comment, that regardless of someones speech, or dialect, or the way they form their sentences or the spelling and utilization of grammer... i dont condone people making fun of them. It was a generalization, not an accusation that you were making fun of them.

And you are correct, maybe they are antagonizing you, OR maybe you are wrong, and you are playing with a child ? Or someone who does not grasp the language content that you are so used to, therefore they cant punctuate, spell, or speak / type correctly in order for you to comprehend it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverShine View Post
    Ahhhhh ok, now we resort to name calling here, and a feeble attempt to belittle me. Sigh.

Anyway, Since you want to be extremely literal with what we mean here. Let me rephrase what i said before, in a more understanding way for you. That you dont take as a personal attack on yourself.

I never said that YOU were making fun of them, But i did see you post the alleged vocabulary and insane grammatical errors that was utilized in their correspondence with you. All i did was toss in a comment, that regardless of someones speech, or dialect, or the way they form their sentences or the spelling and utilization of grammer... i dont condone people making fun of them. It was a generalization, not an accusation that you were making fun of them.

And you are correct, maybe they are antagonizing you, OR maybe you are wrong, and you are playing with a child ? Or someone who does not grasp the language content that you are so used to, therefore they cant punctuate, spell, or speak / type correctly in order for you to comprehend it correctly.
    sigh....i have had prior contact with Midas via igm many times...i.e,"dont you think it was silly to take that cropper ?"ad nauseum....
    quite simply his responses became more aggravatingly infantile after i scouted his village....understand ?

hmmm, you're not half the player I thought you were if you're promoting the suggestion that players should focus on buying scrolls rather than kills troops to increase their hero exp

And I suspect you can rise to the challenge, and will find other ways of making his life difficult notwithstanding the zoo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast