Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expansion Slots

Default Expansion Slots

What's up Travian forums, years since i posted here

Got an odd question, pretty sure I know the answer but it's better safe than sorry

Basically I built my palace to level 20 in the 15c capital and got 2 chiefs (settled earlier with the first slot)

I want to destroy the palace so I can rebuild it and get a 3 chief army in my hammer village. If I destroy the palace in the capital, will I still be able to conquer with the first 2 chiefs, or does it need to remain at level 20? Fairly sure I can, but just wanted to be 100% before I mess up!

If i'm right them I just have to hope the chiefs don't die because if they do I won't be able to rebuild them

Thanks

Angelic

You are right so feel free to destroy the Palace. Just don't do what I did and forget to dodge the catapults with your chiefs
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

aaw that must've sucked

Got to delete it via the main building unfortunately due to my large zoo that I have grown to like!

cheers for the answer

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member

now thats surprised me, I would have expected that you would need to build a residense to 20 and even then you would only be able to use one slot.

Angelic

My memory is shady on that point I'll admit. I'm sure that once you have the troops the only limiting factor is culture points, not the building, same way that levelled troops in a forge stay levelled after removing the forge. I have been wrong before... 78% sure on the wgn scale.
    ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

ummm yeah; I'm only about 80:20 :x

You can (95%) gets three chiefs by building a palace in your other village.

You can continue (99%) to use the chiefs to lower loyalty and conquer from the capital even once your palace is destroyed - the building doesn't have to be there to use, only to train.

What I'm very fuzzy about is whether you get to use those two slots from your capital - in terms of actually taking and reducing loyalty - or whether you are restricted just to one (so in total you get two slots rather than three from your capital).

Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78
    You can (95%) gets three chiefs by building a palace in your other village.
    I can confirm that 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78
    What I'm very fuzzy about is whether you get to use those two slots from your capital - in terms of actually taking and reducing loyalty - or whether you are restricted just to one (so in total you get two slots rather than three from your capital).
    98% sure again that culture points are the only limiting factor once the chiefs are built.
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

I always thought, though like the rest, I'm not 100% about this, that you needed a lv20 residence in place to chief.

I remember I spent some time on a server, though can't remember which, catt'ing down residences of a player because this would stop them from chiefing (if it did or not, I dunno)

I've seen two villages with 3 chiefs in each before, just can not remember if it had a lv20 residence in or not for it to work

Think trial and error might be the only way to confirm this
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Servers;
    Com4 - IGN;Casper
    Uk5 - Gjenganger

yeah I will let you all know in a few days how it goes

crazy how I can play a game for 5 years +, conquer hundreds of villages and still not know everything

Angelic

I can confirm 100% on the wgn scale that you do not need a residence or palace to use your chief. Culture points are the only limiting factor. It may have cost me a level 20 residence to find out but whatever. :p
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wgn View Post
    I can confirm 100% on the wgn scale that you do not need a residence or palace to use your chief. Culture points are the only limiting factor. It may have cost me a level 20 residence to find out but whatever. :p
    Haha I like this very much.

Trust you wgn to not be able to wait and see
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Servers;
    Com4 - IGN;Casper
    Uk5 - Gjenganger

In addition to what everyone else has said... the three expansion slots are in your capital, so even once you have demolished your Palace there, and based on what you have said above, you will still be able to chief two more villages from this capital (CP depending).
    If you then build a palace in a non-capital village you will be able to build three chiefs there, but you will only be able to use two, i.e. to fill the two expansion slots in a normal village. Remember though, if you kill one of the chiefs from your capital in the process of chiefing you could end up with an expansion slot in your capital you can't use...

Thank you Caz

I remember I spent some time on a server, though can't remember which, catt'ing down residences of a player because this would stop them from chiefing (if it did or not, I dunno)
    I can remember one of your leaders saying that, and giggling because it wasn't true

You can only conquer single village from your capital. AND you need level 20 Residence there should you not build Palace up again to conquer 2nd time from there.

Alternatively you can switch slots by conquering that village you settled from capital from other village.
    (Capital village A, village you settled from capital B, random village C)
    You settled B from A, therefore A has used 1 out of 3 possible expansion slots.
    You need Residence level 20 or Palace level 15 to use 2nd expansion slot.
    You need Palace level 20 to use 3rd expansion slot.
    If you want to settle/conquer third time from capital, you need to conquer village B from other village, for example village C AND you need Palace level 20..

Clear enough?

However, if I remember right you can reduce loyality by chiefs sent from village that has no expansion slots, however you can't conquer with those. So you could possibly get loyality to 0 if you used only chiefs from villages that has no free expansion slots.(not high enough Palace/Residence and/or all used)

I haven't tested this out so I'm not 100% sure about this.
    Last edited by Pallosalama; 10 Jan 2013 at 08:20 PM. Reason: palace20
    Am I funny or not? Warning: My humour,
    Quote Originally Posted by baldymorph View Post
    It's as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFairyKing View Post
    you cant rum out of wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pallosalama View Post
    Just had to point out that funny mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by shamone10 View Post
    It was funny!!

Look at this funny picture! Its big so it loads for a while ->
    Quote Originally Posted by MadJock View Post
    For a while???? 10 minutes so far.

thanks caz, i didn't know that, however i don't plan on using any of the chiefs for conquering, just lowering with the main army, and thanks for confirming it wgn, sorry to hear about your residence

Pallosalame your post seems to disagree with the majority of what's been said. I had the palace there and built the chiefs, i just want to know if they can still lower loyalty (and conquer) with the palace now gone.

so caz and I think she's right (and it's consistent with what the rest of us are certain about)

but someone else v. experienced doesn't think it's right...so we're asking HQ :angel:

Angelic

I'm going to have to conquer this damnable natar village to check aren't I...
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Cait's Avatar

Im pretty sure Caz is wrong?

You can build Palace and make three chiefs - then knock down the palace
    you keep the 3 chiefs
    and then can do it again as many times as you like
    every palace will be able to make 3 chiefs

However, practically .... like Caz said if you lose a chief then you'd have to rebuild the whole palace which you couldnt do if you have a palace somewhere else (can only have one palace at a time) ...

But no need to have the palace as such once the chiefs are done.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2261602b9eb That thing!
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/442138afbca A fluffy hammer
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/845573c4010 Titch the rammer with an inferiority complex. (5x - 4 weeks - worse ram tribe)
    and for the Faffing Hammer that got away
    http://forum.travian.co.uk/showpost....80&postcount=1

they call me superman
    i'm here to rescue you

Cait is correct. 100 % certain.
    GTB - Eeyore, Arwen&Elrond, Rotta The Hutt, Tussi | City something - Eddard Stark| UV - New Deli, Bane| T-rex - Maida- All on ukx.
    Now playing on Tea and Cake in GTB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast