Thread: Total Victory At Last!

Default Total Victory At Last!

Dear players of uk3,

After almost a year of playing uk3 finally came to an end! It took us (NMS DA, NMS BG, Hostile and FA) 8 rounds to complete the WW, but I never doubted we would win this server, despite NE having chiefed the WW town a week before we did. It been quite a road I can tell you, let me go briefly over the 8 (!) rounds I had the pleasure to play and watch closely.

Round 1
    At the 18th of Augustus 2012 me and a few others of NMS cleared the WW out without any real issues. After building lots of granaries (up to 900k) and warehouses (close to 1400k) we finally pushed our WW straight on to catch up with the NE WW, which had a large lead over 40 levels if I recall correctly. When we hit level 97 NE and HATE combined forces to strike on our WW. Some nice hammers, but some poor targeting of the catas unfortuanly:

http://travian-reports.net/us/report...9e,20440569406

Looking at the sizes of the hammer I was quite pleased overall with the results, as it did not get 0ed or anything. We rallied around 1.6 mio forces this time. Good faith for the future!

Round 2
    After rebuilding just our wall (which takes around 1 day) we went straight back on the WW, as our GGs and GWs were not touched. It took a long while to rebuild our WW, but finaly we got level 96 this time. A lot of hammers made their way to the WW:

http://travian-reports.net/us/report...a6,2044086bd57

As you can see a lot of hammers there from both ne and hate. Our WW got 0ed and we took a bit of damage on our infrastructure. Clearly having your WW gunned down is not very good, but looking at the crazy amount of hammers they used I was still quite pleased. We also had only 1,45 mio defense this time around, thus it is logical we took more damage. After the last attack passed we had 0,55 mio defense left, which was by far the lowest we ever got.

Round 3
    After pushing our main building and wall back up, we went for the WW again, as we still had quite some spare room left on our warehouse space. It took quite a while from zero, but we finally got there. We got our WW up to 97 again before we got attacked again by the forces of ne/hate:
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report...83,2044101e8cc

We took a good amount of damage on our warehouse/granary space but I still saw no need to focus on rebuilding that. That is why I kept focusing on the WW, not wasting any time on anything else. We had 1,65 mio defense this round.

Round 4
    At this point people started to wonder if this would ever end, as we were the only serious WW that was around to be hit by our enemies. A few people stopped because they lost interest, but a great majority of people stacked around to keep on their support, knowing that our enemies would run out of hammers sooner or later. A new round of hammers waited for us though when the WW got high again:

http://travian-reports.net/us/report...7f,2044129939c

We just got damaged to 90 this time around, the first time our enemies showed a real sign of weakness, not throwing so many hammers at us like the first few times. Our defense also grew nicely to 1.8 mio defense, what later would be our new standard.

Round 5
    At this point the rounds followed up each more rapidly as the damage taken was quite low. So the new round of hammers came around fast. This was the first time we reached level 99 also:

http://travian-reports.net/us/report...ed,20441381cbd
    Quite a nice hammer in there that took the wall and damaged the WW quite a bit. This time we had 2mio defense though, so the damage was very limited!

Round 6
    At this point my granary size was down to 600k, which was getting a bit low. I got it back to 690k, which saves like a few mins more if the granary was topped up to prevent starvation. For the rest just straight back to the WW, as the warehouse was still 1.078k, which it would stay until the end. I never had to rebuild any extra GWs, I guess my estimate of roughly 2 spare GWs all the way in the beginning was quite okay.

http://travian-reports.net/us/report...fd,20441553775

1.75 mio defense this time, pretty nice results. Less hammers showed up compared to the last rounds hus less damage on the WW.

Round 7
    Lucky number? Almost I would say This round was the last struggle that NE and HATE made against our WW to delay it just a few more days.

http://travian-reports.net/us/report...d6,2044168b1bd

The best results we had sofar, just taking 2 levels of damage on the WW. It was quite tempting to get right back to the WW, leaving the wall at 0, but I decided to play it safe and rebuild these firsts. We had 1.85 mio defense this time. This last round showed how powerless our enemies became by now, worn out by all the previous rounds. People that already attacked a previous round were forced to attack this time as well.

Round 8
    The last round. About time! Serious hammers were not sent this time, I guess because both sides ran out by now? Anyhow we got the WW up to 100 this time, without much trouble in this round!!!

Some other WW pics

Total troops killed by my Herman account:
    http://i48.tinypic.com/2l0tg5.png

Total troops present at the end (keep in mind I had a 25% diet arti - so around 1.7 mio present at the end)
    http://i48.tinypic.com/2uyklrk.png

Inner town:
    http://i45.tinypic.com/359lpbt.jpg

Beside all the hits on the WW I built, quite a few other things happened though. NMS, Hostile and FA struck down any WW that would even get close to the level 95 mark, also stealing quite some artis and stuff.

Defensive wise I lost my building set only once to an attack. Al the rest we managed to dodge because of the amazing hero watching of Fifi. At times there were more than 100 attacks on my arti town, deep in FA land (far far South east of the map), where we stored our WW. So you can imagine with that many attacks things could get hectic at times, but Fifi helped me out quite a lot. With her help we were able to keep dodge the attacks when needed and leave the arti just sitting in the current town if there was no need. She never been wrong once, as the one time we lost a set was a mistake of myself. Thanks!

I also would like to thank all the people that took the time to build a WWK from their own hammer they used a lot to mess around before that. Most people, of NMS at least, used their hammers and have been posted on the forum already I think. I do know a few people that held of their hammers just to be safe in case someone showed up to damage our WW greatly we did not aspect anymore. I also saved my own hammer, just in case:

http://i48.tinypic.com/35l93pc.png

After all the building with just a level 20 racks and stables I am quite pleased on the size I was able to get, without large barracks/stables, or any artifact, surently when you take into account I used to use this hammer quite a lot to attack the old AOD alliance, clear the large wheat arti, clear the WW from the natars and hit Berty's WW (although on the last hit there were no losses as berty's WW got cleared). I would like to impress my thanks to the others that saved their hammers too. You can never be too sure on who might have what left!

Anyway back to the WW business. I would like to thank everyone at the NMS, Hostile and FA camp that supported with the countless amounts of wheat, troops and other resources. We had some tense moments, but overall the support was really great, making my job a bit more easy. Thanks to all of you!

A few others people that helped out great are Karen and Mike from the Mikie account, which sitted the WW almost from the start. Also Joe (my dual) helped out quite a bit. We did not have a set second sitter, but I would like to thank all the people that tried to aid the WW by sitting. At the end Chris of the Zenix account took it upon himself which worked out great. Thanks for the sitting services guys, it been great!

The last person I would like to thanks is Yvonne of Blibble. I am 100% sure we would not have won this server without her. She planned lots and lots of stuff for our alliance and wrote many MMs to keep NMS going. All the offensive plans from us were from her so far I know. I think she been the leader of NMS needed in times of large need. Amazing!!!

The last point I would like to note is that the amount of defensive points the Herman account got on the server:

http://i45.tinypic.com/15372mc.png

I browsed around the uk forums a bit, but I could not find someone that had this many points in a uk server. I might be mistaken, but I think we got a record set right here. The reason for this was clearly the crazy amounts of hammers one WW had to deal with, but mainly natar troops we had to deal with in the WW. We were thrown back a lot of times to 90 or somewhere close leaving the high level natar attacks to deal with over and over again. Of course this achievement is due to all players that supported the WW.

It been a very fun server for me, both before the WW and during the WW. I tried to keep everyone from my camp as much as updated as possible with at least 1, but most of the time 2 messages a day. I hoped this helped with the daily stuff that needed doing for the WW.

I will quit travian now though, as I do not like the way the game is going towards with T4, but mainly due to the very bad experiences I had with the crew (banning and punishing my WW in this round for example without a grounded reason, etc). Anyway it been a large pleasure for me to play with the NMS, Hostile and FA people, but also to play against all the other allies we faced. Thanks for the nice experience all!

Gz,

Anoval
    Last edited by stovokor; 14 Jan 2013 at 05:03 PM.

Been a very good experience Annoval for the majority of us that stayed involved with the WW to the end.

thanks man, was great to dual with you while i did and gratz
    Herman (dual) uk3

Excellent post herman, thans for keeping the momentum going and keeping us interested to the end.

Anonymous the third

I have to say it was a peculiar server. The NW and SW were confedded up by about halfway through, with Hostile hanging on to NMS coattails.

NE were a total waste of space. HATE tried to help them a bit to at least give NMS some competition endgame but we may as well not have bothered. They let both sets of plans we gave them get nicked and really seemed totally clueless from start to finish.

At the end of the day, the only real opposition NMS/NMS DA/Hostile/F.A had were a group of 38 players down in the SE. We stretched this server out for nearly a year. Despite 4 wings, it took you months to finish that WW. Thank god you finally did

Good game NMS. And a lovely hammer Herman Should have tried using it sometime though.
    Last edited by Anonymous the third; 14 Jan 2013 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous the third View Post
    I have to say it was a peculiar server. The NW and SW were confedded up by about halfway through, with Hostile hanging on to NMS coattails.

NE were a total waste of space. HATE tried to help them a bit to at least give NMS some competition endgame but we may as well not have bothered. They let both sets of plans we gave them get nicked and really seemed totally clueless from start to finish.

At the end of the day, the only real opposition NMS/NMS DA/Hostile/F.A had were a group of 38 players down in the SE. We stretched this server out for nearly a year. Despite 4 wings, it took you months to finish that WW. Thank god you finally did

Good game NMS. And a lovely hammer Herman Should have tried using it sometime though.
    Just out of plain curiosity did you never consider bypassing NE and coming directly at NMS? Might have changed the whole outcome and made it a shorter server, or was that never a consideration due to the targets HATE set for themselves ?

Anonymous the third

Quote Originally Posted by carebearetches View Post
    Just out of plain curiosity did you never consider bypassing NE and coming directly at NMS? Might have changed the whole outcome and made it a shorter server, or was that never a consideration due to the targets HATE set for themselves ?
    HATE didn't want wings or naps or confeds, we just wanted to fight. We fought NE, Hostile, NMS, then went back to NE right at the very end.

To put up a serious challenge to endgame we would have needed to look to confed. NMS had half the server supporting their WW. For the second half of the server you played totally for endgame. HATE members would have killed themselves with boredom had we done that.

Strange attitude. Thought the whole point was the end-game.

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Moog's Avatar

Nope. It's all about the mayhem. WWs are for simmers.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

For the second half of the server you played totally for endgame.
    Not everyone did, some of us enjoyed being a pain in the backside, even the raiding became a pain in the backside, but with no one from the opposition (other than HATE) coming forward to counter what we say alas we have a false claim to fame. At the end of the day 2 alliances got mainly what they set out to achieve no matter if it could have been done quicker or with less support. Nice server for us as an alliance but individually we got what we set out to achieve so we doubly happy with the win as well. (and yes I am well aware that us and individually does not mix correctly in grammar, we are a dual account)

JDPorkchop fan club MemberMember Mistress-Mental's Avatar

NMS had half the server supporting their WW. For the second half of the server you played totally for endgame. HATE members would have killed themselves with boredom had we done that.
    Actually I disagree with both of those viewpoints. From a personal point of view it wasnt just about the endgame. Obviously Im not one of the biggest players with a big hammer but for me, this server is one I'm very proud of. I achieved my best ever Off ranking and was able to fight off any challengers in my immediate area including several that were bigger players than me. I also finished with a decent size account. I was quite easily able to combine the fun of attacks and chiefing with the more mundane routing of troops/wheat for the WW. As an alliance, yes we had to look to the endgame as our stated goal was to win the WW race but I think we still managed to keep the game fun by having organised attacks for those players that wanted to be part of a group and ensuring we had def to support players who wanted to play the offensive game and were likely to get retaliations. I cannot leave out Trin who had enormous fun with his arti steals and Magic who seemed to have an aversion to pretty much anyone who wasnt on side!!

So as a comparison, Ive played in Asbo where the aim was all about the smashy and no interest at all in endgame and Ive played this server with NMS where the stated aim was to win and on both occasions Ive still had huge amounts of fun.

Anonymous the third

Umm

http://www.gettertools.com/ts3.travi...-Map/152412759

that looks like half the server to me???

Glad you had fun though, it's a game so it would be a bit worrying if you didn't Having F.A right out in the 400/400 patch to guard your plans was a good move, though having to move them occasionally on 30/40 hours notice must have played hell on their nerves ...

JDPorkchop fan club MemberMember Mistress-Mental's Avatar

Umm

http://www.gettertools.com/ts3.travi...-Map/152412759

that looks like half the server to me??.
    Maybe half of what was left by the end of a very long server!! We did manage to eliminate a few players along the way - anyone remember AoD??

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress-Mental View Post
    Maybe half of what was left by the end of a very long server!! We did manage to eliminate a few players along the way - anyone remember AoD??
    Oh yes I did love them but... not as much as Templars