Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Internet speeds

Cloud Strife

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member septimus ii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78 View Post
    From my phone / 3G last night...

I'm getting jealous with some of these speeds. Living in the village is almost like being back on dial up at times.

(roll on more young people moving in and giving a yes to virgin laying cable here!)

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

I live in a village too, and I think if it wasn't for some major cable running up the lane then I'd still be on dialup. Lucky me

Although a BT person told me at the weekend I could get optical pixies now (I think that is what he said ?), also a new telephone cable - he was replacing my neighbours so I guess mine is crumbling too, I overheard him showing the guy just how bad it was *eek*

Might look into it, although I was thinking of just getting rid of my home line to save some expensive pennies.

Here is full of older people who don't really get technology. They can't see the benefits it could bring. They just picture holes in the road. Luckily ( I hope) alot of their kids, who moved away from the village, are now wanting to come back with their own kids. So fingers crossed for the next few years.

See if you can get some kind of better deal with your Home line? Often threatening to go elsewere can get better offers.

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Better than I was expecting as have been having a lot of issues lately, good excuse to buy a new computer at some point
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2489959093.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	4896  

Quote Originally Posted by MOD itsnotquiteover View Post
    I'm getting jealous with some of these speeds. Living in the village is almost like being back on dial up at times.

(roll on more young people moving in and giving a yes to virgin laying cable here!)

So you get that in a village and me, living in a highly populated town of ~80000+ has worse. What the hell is wrong with my internets.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrothead View Post
    So you get that in a village and me, living in a highly populated town of ~80000+ has worse. What the hell is wrong with my internets.
    It depends what speed you are paying for :p and probably the contention ratio - more people live near you to use up the space in the Internet pipe; the village will have a smaller pipe but a lot less people contending for it.

Not sure if its still as bad, but the distance from the exchange can be a real problem too. Basically...change to cable if its available

I'm sure BT were talking about putting their super duper cables down here, not sure anything came of that though?

Quote Originally Posted by Carrothead View Post
    I'm sure BT were talking about putting their super duper cables down here, not sure anything came of that though?
    ^^ change to virginmedia :p they double the speeds every few years :x think we've gone from 10mb to 100mb over a decade without the price increasing (except for inflation)

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

I went to look at BT's offering today and as far as I can tell I'm still living in a huge expanse of disinterest by BT, they have no plans to roll out optical pixies to me or any life form near me. I'm assuming I will also be part of the great unwashed that will be the 1/3 that don't get it by 2014, as opposed to the glorious 2/3's that will.

Odd that the BT guy implied differently ?

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

Crappy Internet!

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	4897  
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Servers;
    Com4 - IGN;Casper
    Uk5 - Gjenganger

Mrs. Fantastic

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Ryder's Avatar

3G better than home wifi, meh!

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	4898  
    Server 2, Round 4
    Server 3, Round 8
    Server 5, Round 8

Current Servers;
    Com4 - IGN;Casper
    Uk5 - Gjenganger

Team Lead Customer Service Travian Head Office

BT Infinity NE Scotland. Tends to be even faster a night. Odd thing was that after upgrading to Infinity I now pay less than before o.O
    <center><b>[COLOR="#000000"]D[/COLOR]on't let a bot ruin your game:</b>
    * 157439 troops have been deleted.
    * 8406 building levels have been deleted
    * 1344368 resources have been deleted
    <i>(recent example of a punishment for using externals)</i></center>
    <center>Questions about T4? Check our <a href="http://t4.answers.travian.co.uk/"><b>Answers page</b></a></center>

Used to be closer to 10/11, sometimes as low as 2.

How i love talk talk.....

Talktalk ftw.

Disappointing for a virgin

Angelic

ukx4, ukx7, ukx8 & ukx10 - wgn, wgn, wgn & wgn , ukx11 - emily , ukx12 - Milkyway , ukx13 - Smelly Romans , ukx14 - Ayra & illii
    s1,7 - Raving Cabbage

Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar

So wgn's is apparently faster than 92% of the nation, yet chris' which is almost 4 times as fast as wgn's is only faster than 85% of the nation...I don't think that bit is very accurate

Unless it referred to other people with those providers.
    Last edited by commander; 08 Feb 2013 at 03:39 AM.

I was thinking that too, would love to know why!

wgn's has an old date on it - did you fake it? :p

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast