Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Public Apology

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    It's your Momma.
    Just wondering how carrot gets away with that homophobic schtick, yet horse gets banned?
    Annoyingly I wasn't being homophobic in the slightest, yet I still get infracted for offences the mod seems entirely unwilling to define. A person less suspicious than me might imagine a certain prompting from further up the food chain to stick the boot in.

Also most peeving to see several examples of the nonsense I was wrongly accused of, go unmolested when posted by others.

You'll note that certain mods have zero interest in promoting General Chat because they themselves never bother to post, and are quite happy for it to be overrun with tumbleweed as a result of their pointlessly punitive actions.

I too would like to apologise to pretty much the entire forum.
    I was, in no uncertain terms, an idiot. For that I am sorry.

/nostalgia'ing pretty hard. Still unsure if I'd do it any different if I could go back though. I made some pretty good friends at the time. Though I'm ashamed to say I've barely spoken to any of them in the last year or two, and that genuinely upsets me. Probably something to do with being a massive douchebag and them realising this and wanting nothing more to do with me.

If thts not the case, then holla at me. You all know who you are.

Sorry again guys and gals.
    Last edited by itsnotquiteover; 11 Apr 2013 at 07:59 PM.

For the record, I was more harsh on myself than "idiot" though what I said was rightly deemed inappropriate. My bad!

DOUBLE POST. Can't believe it. First thing back and he's flaunting the rules. Shocking behaviour.

Bite me!

Anti spam 10 character limit is the bane of my life.

'Grats on the fiance btw, does she get jealous of your relationship with your cars though? ;D

I don't have a relationship with cars right now. They're just as expensive as women. And less easily pleased!

He's Hearing Voices Hrbdefender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Groggers View Post

/nostalgia'ing pretty hard. Still unsure if I'd do it any different if I could go back though. I made some pretty good friends at the time. Though I'm ashamed to say I've barely spoken to any of them in the last year or two, and that genuinely upsets me. Probably something to do with being a massive douchebag and them realising this and wanting nothing more to do with me.

If thts not the case, then holla at me. You all know who you are.

Sorry again guys and gals.
    Does this mean more or less Towel pics?

Nah, sorry. Can't accept this one. Try again next year, I might be ready then.

Unfortunately, I can't remember a lot of what I've done on travian at all, it's been so long! I just remember it getting very messy towards the end.

On the topic of nostalgia, it's gutting to see all the very old threads from the very first crew members and a lot of the threads I remember well/posted in be deleted automatically by the forum. I've been trying to find a certain apology thread for the past few minutes, it wouldn't have been deleted by forum maintenance tasks, has it been deleted intentionally or is it hiding in an archive?
    Ex UK Multihunter, Supporter, Mod, Super Mod, Forum Admin and Head Supporter
    Ex US Multihunter and Supporter
    Ex ZA Super Moderator, Supporter and Multihunter
    Ex FAQ Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Spychic View Post
    Unfortunately, I can't remember a lot of what I've done on travian at all, it's been so long! I just remember it getting very messy towards the end.

On the topic of nostalgia, it's gutting to see all the very old threads from the very first crew members and a lot of the threads I remember well/posted in be deleted automatically by the forum. I've been trying to find a certain apology thread for the past few minutes, it wouldn't have been deleted by forum maintenance tasks, has it been deleted intentionally or is it hiding in an archive?
    As far as I'm aware nothing has been newly deleted. From memory, the first s1 was lost - because it was deleted rather than archived by earlier generations. Some of the Q&A sections get pruned and tidied up. If you pm me with what details you can remember of it, I'll try to find it.

Unfortunately, I can't remember a lot of what I've done on travian at all, it's been so long!
    Luckily you were egotistic enough to name all of it in your sig. How about that!

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78 View Post
    As far as I'm aware nothing has been newly deleted. From memory, the first s1 was lost - because it was deleted rather than archived by earlier generations. Some of the Q&A sections get pruned and tidied up. If you pm me with what details you can remember of it, I'll try to find it.
    I mainly mean all the old General Chat threads, as well. If you go right back you'll find threads from 2009 instead of the threads that were made when the forum first opened.

And also General in the Travian section was permanently deleted by Vinny a few years back haha, so there'll be no archive available anywhere for the original threads there!

Quote Originally Posted by Carrothead View Post
    Luckily you were egotistic enough to name all of it in your sig. How about that!
    I mean all the important, dramatic stuff! (various stand-offs with h h h and Fabs come to mind)

Are you still on IRC or is that still dead and horrible?
    Ex FAQ Editor

Are you still on IRC or is that still dead and horrible?
    Haven't looked in a while, I guess it's still dead though?

Quote Originally Posted by Carrothead View Post
    Haven't looked in a while, I guess it's still dead though?
    It was when I was last there, I tried making contact with Joshyyy but his nick is always Awayyy on a bouncer. I think the stuff that used to happen on IRC is waaaaaaay worse than the oldest posts of everyone here, thinking of the late 2007/early 2008 IRC drama with MallRats etc is too much. An AU incident springs to mind when thinking of you on IRC, Niall ahahaha

& what are you doing with your life now?! Did you go into an apprenticeship or something? I can't remember
    Ex FAQ Editor

It was when I was last there, I tried making contact with Joshyyy but his nick is always Awayyy on a bouncer. I think the stuff that used to happen on IRC is waaaaaaay worse than the oldest posts of everyone here, thinking of the late 2007/early 2008 IRC drama with MallRats etc is too much. An AU incident springs to mind when thinking of you on IRC, Niall ahahaha

& what are you doing with your life now?! Did you go into an apprenticeship or something? I can't remember
    IRC seemed lawless and extremely strict at the same time, god knows how. You could get away with a bit more, get banned and be back the next day. AU loved me, Saffy too.

Went back to college after my disaster A Levels, so I'm doing 3 days there and working at Pizza Hut the other 4 days. They love me so much they gave me a gold badge and offered me a full-time job but I don't really want it right now. Finishing college soon and I've applied for a role as a Warfare Officer in the Royal Navy too.

Still teaching?

He's Hearing Voices Hrbdefender's Avatar

Niall in the Navy? Guess what they say about seamen is true

I don't have a relationship with cars right now. They're just as expensive as women. And less easily pleased!
    Groggy you're engaged?! Congratz!!
    Previously - Jazzy Jeff | Lord Pan | Lorde | Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Elk33dp View Post
    Maybe if it was anyone else, but Josh is too talented to leave any hint at the real target. It's basically wack-a-mole.

Quote Originally Posted by laughing ram View Post
    Heh, I wouldn't worry, Keiji.
    If I remember correctly, everyone was a bit of a... "Richard" back in the day. And it was a joyous time because of it. ^_^
    OI!

On topix, (ish)

Grats on the engagement Groggers, and who doesn't say mean things on the internet when they're young?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SOTF - Round 9: 4th; Round 10: 5th; Round 11: 8th; Round 13: 2nd; Round 16: 2nd.

...ladies
    Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member laughing ram's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    OI!

On topix, (ish)

Grats on the engagement Groggers, and who doesn't say mean things on the internet when they're young?
    Not you, the other Richard. The one in ma paaaaants.

But yes, congrats and all that Grog.

But more to the point, Destine, how do you manage to appear in every old forum member thread?

Edit: Oh, and hi everyone else who also made rare appearences. :p

-----
    Member of WGN ^_^ (but i only help newbs, rarely n00bs)
    -----
    I Have a BAN PLACEMENT CARD, Hooray!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast