Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Public Apology

Ardente Veritate Honoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul Member Keiji_Maeda's Avatar

Default A Public Apology

So on another one of those nights where I can't sleep, I decided to go right back as far as the General Chat forum goes and read ALL the threads.

One thing I've learnt from it all, aside from still being nostalgic, is that I was a horrible person. (Likely still am in some measure, but thats for a different time.)

A lot of my posts consisted of personal attacks, general down talking to people and some really quite badly constructed arguments that were clearly put together for no reason but to have a go at someone. Now... I know its all water under a bridge, and I know it was 3-4 years ago, but still.

I truly am sorry for being a colossal orange. (I'll leave that censor edit there... because that is pretty damn funny.)

I can't say whether it was me being me, or jumping on bandwagons or trying to clique up for personal validation, but there was no need for it and certainly shouldn't have been the actions taken on a forum, especially for a then moderator/crew member.

Whilst this post is mainly for users like horse and Zeta (as I only managed around 20 pages this morning, and they seem to be the users I argued with the most) if any of you have been negatively affected by something I have written here, and I know this doesn't absolve me, I would like you to know that I regret my actions and am sorry.

Continué a la confessions/apology thread, we've all got to have some form of regret, and sometimes its nice to just air them in public, why not share?

Travian.co.za EX-Super Moderator. | Travian.co.uk EX-Super Moderator and Supporter | Travian.com.au EX-Super Moderator and Supporter
    Travian.pk EX-Forum Administrator

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member horse's Avatar

Umm, sorry I don't actually remember you being horrible at all
    One persons actions still sting a little but that wasn't you.

I remember me being horrible, which is why I'm grateful for any resurrected threads where they only show me saying something quirky or something, and not the ones where I'm being a bit awful.

Any counter arguments are always appreciated, otherwise I'd talk nonsense all the time and get away with it

On topic.

I also regret doing X at school, that was really silly, oh the naïveté of youth.
    and much of what happened between 17 and 18, that was me being mean.
    Almost everything that I did in London.
    And probably spending far too much time playing Travian when other things were far more important.
    Last edited by zimrich; 15 Feb 2013 at 10:24 AM. Reason: insults

Thats really brave of you to say a public apology, + points for you

And for me, the only thing I regret is that I haven't played travian longer than I already have! haha

...ladies
    Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member laughing ram's Avatar

Heh, I wouldn't worry, Keiji.
    If I remember correctly, everyone was a bit of a... "Richard" back in the day. And it was a joyous time because of it. ^_^

-----
    Member of WGN ^_^ (but i only help newbs, rarely n00bs)
    -----
    I Have a BAN PLACEMENT CARD, Hooray!!!

Anonymous the third

I thought part of the point of this forum was being able to vent of steam? Some of the loveliest people I know are absolute swine on the forum.

On a slight aside, what on earth can someone as sensible and pc as Horse have done to get a ban?

Ardente Veritate Honoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul Member Keiji_Maeda's Avatar

Agreed, the forum is a place to be free in opinion, within the rules of course.

But some of the stuff I was coming out with back then was not particularly opinion, it was deliberately inflammatory and deliberately abusive.

I dunno... I was just reading through some comments, because I'm still vain and that, and I was physically cringing at some of them.

Travian.co.za EX-Super Moderator. | Travian.co.uk EX-Super Moderator and Supporter | Travian.com.au EX-Super Moderator and Supporter
    Travian.pk EX-Forum Administrator

Cloud Strife

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member septimus ii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous the third View Post
    I thought part of the point of this forum was being able to vent of steam? Some of the loveliest people I know are absolute swine on the forum.

On a slight aside, what on earth can someone as sensible and pc as Horse have done to get a ban?
    I have a suspicion, but I'd like to check it with her before I make a formal complaint.

Glen we have all said things here that we later regret. but dwelling on the past is not necessarily a good thing. We have all changed, got older, and move forward.

I know that when i first started modding here i was an ass hopefully im not so bad now

That is very honourable of you Keiji

You're one of several that have had their formative years on the forum I think? The main thing is that when you're towards the end of 'growing up' you settle as a good person

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member PinkFairyKing's Avatar

Carrothead is unfortunately still going through that stage.

I just like to play up a bit, people know what I'm like when I talk to them privately! If my maths skills are still in tact, I was 15 when I signed up on the forum? Blimey.

Anonymous the third

Your maths skills may be intact but your spelling isn't

I can't read through my old posts any more. Anything pre-2009 is totally off-limits, I feel like cringing to death is a very real possibility.

Also, this.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrothead View Post

~epitome of grumpiness~ Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member Lucidity's Avatar
    In a sea of melancholy, surrounded by sharks of malcontent.

I agree with Niall.
    edited by admin due violation of the rules

Ex Moderator, Multihunter and Whistleblower

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Moog's Avatar

Bah! Humbug! Can't see anything vaguely offensive about any of your posts. Man up, and stand behind what you said. Pussy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucidity View Post
    I agree with Niall.
    D'oh! The Tweedlebrothers unite. I fear for the entire forum.
    Last edited by Moog; 19 Feb 2013 at 12:49 AM.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

He's Hearing Voices Hrbdefender's Avatar

What is this

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Moog's Avatar

It's your Momma.
    Just wondering how carrot gets away with that homophobic schtick, yet horse gets banned? Zimm, you is slack.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

He's Hearing Voices Hrbdefender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Just wondering how carrot gets away with that homophobic schtick, yet horse gets banned? Zimm, you is slack.
    It's because he's just talking about himself

Aaah! True. He is very gay. Gotcha.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast