Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Falcons vs. LC

Ofc you're entitled to your opinion; you seem to be making the assumption that all players find simming and preparing for end game boring?

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78 View Post
    Ofc you're entitled to your opinion; you seem to be making the assumption that all players find simming and preparing for end game boring?
    We all know some people like the simming aspect best - again the point of my post was that I would find the game boring if everyone played like this. And I think if every alliance was totally focused on endgame then the game would naturally become a simming game as most people will know that the best way to prepare for an endgame is to try to peee as few other alliances off as possible - that way they are more likely to let you win.

Sometimes some alliances achieve great things by being very aggressive and expansionist - they achieve server domination instead of just quad domination but as far as I know such alliances/games are very few and far between. Mostly alliances achieve quad domination which still means they have to play the diplomatic game to win.

My personal view is that the alliances who try to be a hybrid alliance (both contesting endgame but also not shying away from wars) are the ones who gain most from the game. That is my personal view. A HATE player or an SWM player would see it differently of course.

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member Khnum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    Yes, other than they go after the serious runners and try ruin their race.

I've already said earlier in the thread that I agree end game isn't great, and also that the grey area idea makes it even worse. I've also said that I'd quite fancy taking part if teams were organised to play against each other in the HATE style.
    The problem I have is when alliances like this don't play against people of similar mind, but just go from server to server spoiling the game of whoever is unlucky enough to be near them.
    You sound a little bitter Eddy ; )

Each to their own Sir ... !

I'll spell it out clearly - You lost UK3. Lost. losers. Didn't win, didn't try to win, came nowhere and didn't even try. Absolute bottom of the class...
    If you want an actual response to whatever it is you were asking then try putting together a post that doesn't make you sound like a sore loser having a strop. My eleven year old cousin could (and has) put on a better debate.

Yes, other than they go after the serious runners and try ruin their race.
    You're comparing a war to an olympics/marathon? Because there's a boat load of common denominators in that analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    I agree with you that it is strange for an alliance to totally reject endgame and then claim they're the best alliance on the server. It's cheating in a way as we all know other alliances have to put resources/armies aside preparing for endgame.
    I'd like to point out that last uk3 Hate had no definitive intensions to take a WW but we ended the server with three wonder world villages to our name. Two belonged to Lanky and one to AzZrael (sp?).

The dynamics between an 'attacking all server' alliance which you put Hate in, compared to the defensive alliance that steers away from war of which you put SWM in is constantly expanding. I think Eddy is frustrated because the events in the SE aren't comparable and LC aren't familiar with the intensity of attacks at this stage of the game.

(Not directed at Django) Hate are opportunists. We've taken WWs before and will continue to do so if the opportunity presents itself. If an opportunity came up in a real war to take out part of an army, would you sit back thinking "no we'll save our troops and wait till the grand finale" or would you take the opportunity if it was within reason?
    "It’s only when the tide goes out that you see who was swimming naked."

#MakeTravianGreatAgain #MTGA

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member ursamajor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkery View Post
    If you want an actual response to whatever it is you were asking then try putting together a post that doesn't make you sound like a sore loser having a strop. My eleven year old cousin could (and has) put on a better debate.

You're comparing a war to an olympics/marathon? Because there's a boat load of common denominators in that analogy.

I'd like to point out that last uk3 Hate had no definitive intensions to take a WW but we ended the server with three wonder world villages to our name. Two belonged to Lanky and one to AzZrael (sp?).

The dynamics between an 'attacking all server' alliance which you put Hate in, compared to the defensive alliance that steers away from war of which you put SWM in is constantly expanding. I think Eddy is frustrated because the events in the SE aren't comparable and LC aren't familiar with the intensity of attacks at this stage of the game.

(Not directed at Django) Hate are opportunists. We've taken WWs before and will continue to do so if the opportunity presents itself. If an opportunity came up in a real war to take out part of an army, would you sit back thinking "no we'll save our troops and wait till the grand finale" or would you take the opportunity if it was within reason?
    Hate took 3 ww's but were they lvl100? were they lvl10??? hmm, as eddy says... you lost. Maybe they were only taken to get hate to their offense points target, you know with cheap natar off points but who knows I never played the server and am not claiming anything.

Rest assured LC has had much higher intensity of attacks (I'm pretty sure almost all of LC played on 3.6 with 1 troop fakes).

& also its AzraelZ, fyi

Last time I checked you kinda can't get three at level 100 at the same time, so in answer to your question, no we didn't, though as my post suggests Hate are not completely against WW's. How long did you spend going through your skype contact list looking for Azz's name just so you could correct me? Did it feel good?

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member ursamajor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkery View Post
    Last time I checked you kinda can't get three at level 100 at the same time, so in answer to your question, no we didn't, though as my post suggests Hate are not completely against WW's. How long did you spend going through your skype contact list looking for Azz's name just so you could correct me? Did it feel good?
    Does it matter if you can get 3 to 100? you could have got 2 to 99 and 1 to 100 and won, or you could have 1 lvl100 nd 3 lvl0 but hate didn't get any past lvl10, great server win for you then James all the HATE players and fans alike jubilant after a terrific success

Erm, i dont have azz in my skype contacts :s ask him yourself if you like lmao, 3/4 years since i played in noein with him and i got a new skype after i finished that server.

James, trying to make me look like a fool and you parred yoursen stret on forehead

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member Khnum's Avatar

After 5 servers with HATE all I can say is that they tend to do their own thing without a game plan & better still should it upset others .

It works for me & plenty others but clearly doesn't all round .

They've never been taken out & have always given plenty more than they've got ... : )

Right or wrong it is what it is ; )

LC look like they'll have a decent scrap & that's what this thread is about ... stick to it !

The largest alliances
    4. HATE™ 38 15786 599866

The best alliances (Off)
    1. HATE™ 38 366528 13928068

The best alliances (Def)
    3. HATE™ 38 122088 4639330

WW
    Players Name Alliance Level
    1. Herman We Are Titanium NMS DA 100 -
    2. Lanky HATEs Big Pile HATE™ 49 -
    3. Lanky Lank's big one... HATE™ 4 -
    4. berty NE World Wonder NE 0 -
    5. AzraelZ Try Hard HATE™ 0 -

"James, trying to make me look like a fool and you parred yoursen stret on forehead"

Awesome. Can anyone translate??

Quote Originally Posted by Khnum View Post
    After 5 servers with HATE all I can say is that they tend to do their own thing without a game plan & better still should it upset others .

It works for me & plenty others but clearly doesn't all round .

They've never been taken out & have always given plenty more than they've got ... : )

Right or wrong it is what it is ; )

LC look like they'll have a decent scrap & that's what this thread is about ... stick to it !
    As requested....

http://www.travian-reports.net/us/report/214732942be

ha ha ha ha

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member keevill_81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crossbreed View Post
    LOL just see that in the attacks page and wondered how long it takes some one to post that was quick

Quote Originally Posted by keevill_81 View Post
    LOL just see that in the attacks page and wondered how long it takes some one to post that was quick
    hopefully we are not finished yet

I was right, not finished lol
    Last edited by crossbreed; 05 Apr 2013 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crossbreed View Post
    Nuff said , you killed something .

Don't get over excited : D

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunnerx View Post
    Spritzen surely after yesterdays/this mornings hits spread across LC/LCA you can surely see that things are not on the slide in Faclons. Regarding your comment about incompetently managing things... Think the ammount of LC/LCA wheat fields destroyed and lowered in caps the past couple of days says otherwise.
    The thing is over the last few days so many of falcons are failing to even respond. Sure we had some hits, some, but nothing worthy of comment and no better than any of the other farm alliances in the region. Which is a shame. What you call a spread I call a few players doing good, but the effect of that is more akin to someone seasoning their salad, where is the full on dressing we were promised?

...and to further comment on James' remark about artes, as he is clearly having a selective memory issue but I believe LC also took a storage arte recently as well. Another one I may add that was poorly defended.
    http://www.travian-reports.net/us/report/216067789e6

If you're wondering where the 2/3 of Falcons are then maybe you can ask yourself where the other 1/2 of LC are hiding? Granted you have a few good players too but plenty are sat simming away.

Iron lady, that's rich coming from someone whose alliance is ruled by a single woman who regularly spoke about her "hectic work load leading two servers" yet never delegated out even when help was offered? Though to be fair the rest of your leadership aren't doing much anyway. One was demoted after we halved his pop (or there abouts), your angelic leader admitted the other two aren't as active as they were last server and the Roman whose cav I killed isn't even part of your leadership this round. It does make one wonder if he can he be trusted after the ordeal and stress he caused LC/LCA last server by quitting the alliance to deal with a personal vendetta? Keep the Falcons insults flying if you really want Spritz, I have plenty of ammo left.

We can account a lot of that supposed 1/2 down to def accounts, who are truly the back bone of LC. Def, which is virtually non-existent in Falcons.

..and your last comment just shows how very little you really know, or care to forget for the sake of a weak point, the "single woman" you speak of is supported by some very good leaders and the distinction between leaders and players is a very thin one. Demoted? LOL.... good one. are you basing that on the profile page? Again, how little you know but carry on, you're on form today

So you're in a position to call where the 2/3 of Falcons accounts are? You've answered your own question there; def accounts.

I've played a server & a bit with LC, a server with Meme and a bit of a server with Falcons. I'd say I've got a pretty good interpretation of both alliances for me to be able to make that judgement.

Well like they say keep your friends close and your enemies closer, just because you were in LC doesn't mean you were privy to all the inner workings. It doesn't take a genius to work out who can be trusted and who cannot.

...you can state def when we see it, so far we've only hit 1 target with any reasonable def and I've seen 20k+ in a village not so far from me. If you truly do have lots of def, can I suggest you use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Spritzen View Post
    Well like they say keep your friends close and your enemies closer, just because you were in LC doesn't mean you were privy to all the inner workings. It doesn't take a genius to work out who can be trusted and who cannot.

...you can state def when we see it, so far we've only hit 1 target with any reasonable def and I've seen 20k+ in a village not so far from me. If you truly do have lots of def, can I suggest you use it?
    Just because I was trusted to co lead, sit the WW, feed the def, throw a bit of gold on yet was forced out by the egomaniac that dragged Lorraine and LCA into his fight with me because I settled his (non-cap) cropper that was feeding my 3rd army, doesn't mean I can't be trusted? Mkay

Quote Originally Posted by Spritzen View Post
    LOL well out of respect to the attacker, who knows he made a big boo boo on that as he should have hit with 8 waves as opposed to 4, I won't post the mistake. I will however make the comment that he was supposed to be joined by 2 other attackers, who failed to turn up. So all in all it was a good day for my cap. I also don't need to post the 8 reports of LC messing up his feeder vills. Thing is James, seeing as I'm one of the vocal people out of LC, I would have expected my game to be over by now, but this was the first and only hit on me.

/me attacks some more whilst waiting to be catted out the game...
    But there wouldn't be anyone to troll the forums and give Falcons their belly laughs if we catt'd you out the game! Besides, we're not childish enough to let LC's Forum tantrums dictate our strategy.

As for your cap; 8 waves render a cap wheat-less but 4 is enough to make someone bleed. Our 4 waves are 2-3 more than LC are throwing at me and Falcons anyway. Hardly a mistake. As for the other two attackers, nice try but till you have gettertools rights you haven't a clue who was supposed to go where. But kudos for the guesswork though. Your game of pin the tail on the Falcons is amusing so please keep it up

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast