Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WvV Round 33 ~ The Walking Dead ~ The Game

Host Account for
    Forum RPG "WvV"

Votes in by 9:30 PM
    Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member El Host Accountio's Avatar

Default WvV Round 33 ~ The Walking Dead ~ The Game

The Walking Dead – Round 33
    By MistressDivine and Relsoh

The world has changed, now filled with the wandering dead. Staggering and crawling, clamoring for their next meal. Human flesh!
    The only survivors live in pockets. Some move from place to place looking for a safe haven, others, lucky enough to have already found it.

In the south, a small group have just discovered a prison, with high walls to keep them safe from the Walkers. They have cleared it of the dead, secured the gates and are starting to build a new life, a new home. Rick Grimes is the leader of this group. His greatest wish is to keep his people safe and give them the safe home they deserve after a long winter of running and hiding.

A few miles to the North is an established town, called Woodsbury, with high walls protected by a group of trained gunmen. They have food, electricity and safety. The town is run by the Governor, a man who is outwardly kind and caring towards his people. Covertly though, he has become a monster. He steals from those who pass near his territory and leaves them broken, for the Walkers. The Governor’s biggest wish and goal is to destroy the survivors in the prison.

Game rules, slight changes from the main ones so give them a little read.

1 - The Game Basics:

The game has the usual sides, the Wolves (Woodbury) and the Villagers (Prison) but also has a third side the Walkers (Zombies). The aim for the game is to be the last team standing, be it Wolves, Villagers or Walkers.

Each day, all players (Wolves, Villagers and Walkers) will send a vote in for a player to be lynched (removed from the game by (un)popular vote) to The Host who runs the game. After the lynching, any "Special Characters" with daily actions will perform them. Together, the results of the lynch vote and the player actions will be posted in a Kill Post that tallies up all the events of the "day". After each Kill Post, a new day starts.

All votes and actions must be sent in to The Host before the 10pm deadline; while some actions take place after the lynching, the desired action still has to be turned in to the host ahead of time.

2 - General details:

• The round will end when all members from the other two teams are dead. This will take several days, each being 24 hours long. A summary of the day will be included in the Kill Post, which includes a full set of lynch and night actions.
    • Votes are due by 10:00pm.
    • Kill post will (hopefully) by posted by 11pm.

3 - How to Win:

• Villagers win if all the Wolves and Walkers are eliminated.
    • Wolves will win if all the Villagers and Walkers are eliminated.
    • Walkers win if all the Villagers and Wolves are eliminated.

4 - Assigning Roles:

• Roles are chosen at random, although some thought is given as to whether the person would be appropriate for the role.
    • You cannot directly tell someone your role, you may hint at it and you may answer them if they ask, but you must NOT go around telling people your role.
    • Roles will be assigned to those who we believe will use them to their best advantages. For example, someone who may have a history of going inactive will be less likely to receive a Special role.
    • At the start of a round, roles will be given to each player (they will either be a Wolf, Villager or a Walker). Everyone will receive a message of what team they are on.

5 - Kill Post Notes:

• Lynch will be described, with included vote list.
    • After a player is lynched, their exact role will be revealed.
    • Walker kill is described distinctly and as messily as possible.
    • The order of events in the kill post may be random (although all effects will be based on the action order), with concessions made for continuity.
    • The answers to the challenge will be put in the forum after the KP but the winner’s names will not be mentioned. It is up to the winner to announce they won, if they choose to do so.

6 - Lynching and Voting:

• All players must vote each night. Votes should be sent by Personal Message to The Host before 10:00pm. The player that receives the most votes is then removed from the game. Tied votes result in a No Lynch, meaning that no-one is killed by Public Lynch that night. This will however upset the Gods and punitive and random vigilante actions will be taken against the players. Although Special Characters may be able to influence other parts of the Kill Post, they cannot prevent someone from being killed by the Public Lynch.
    • Everyone must vote either to lynch someone, or for "no lynch", meaning that they do not wish to vote for anyone.
    • A list of votes (including who cast each vote) will be included with each Kill Post.
    • Votes can be changed once only up to the voting deadline. If possible, reply to your previous vote's PM to change it (it will be in your "Sent" box if you have the auto-save sent option enabled); otherwise, note in your message that you are changing your vote.

7 – Challenges:

• A special role will be determined by the winner of each challenge.
    • The challenge winners get to either Seer, Kill someone or both for the night after they win the challenge e.g. if a player wins the night’s challenge, they will be have the ability to Seer, Kill or both the next night.
    • If the winner chooses to Seer, they will be told what team the player is on but will not be told if that player has a special ability. The answer will be given via PM after the KP has been posted.
    • If the winner chooses to Kill, they can choose any person that they wish. The results of the kill will be in the KP.
    • The winner of the challenge will be kept anonymous, if they wish to tell others that they have won, then it is up to them to do so.

8 - Walker Kill:

• The Walker is a form of Alpha. The Walker has the choice of biting a player every other night and turning them into Walkers to join his/her ranks. S/he may consult the other Walkers, or they can make the choice themselves. They may also choose not to bite anyone. Their choice (or a message stating that they choose not to bite) must be PM'd to The Host by the time listed in General Details.
    • Some Special Characters have the ability to block an Alpha Bite from happening. This results in the Alpha Bite not taking place on the night of that round.
    • If the Alpha is lynched, another Walker will be promoted to take their place (the Gods choice). As long as there is a Walker left, the Alpha Bite will be carried out barring no role-blocking, Alpha Bite will happen last in the Kill Post.
    • The bitten player will remain anonymous and will only be known by other Walkers.
    • The Alpha’s target choice can be changed once only up to the voting deadline. If possible, reply to your previous PM to change it (it will be in your "Sent" box if you have the auto-save sent option enabled); otherwise, note in your message that you are changing your target.

9 - Special Characters:

• Any player with a Special action must Personal Message The Host by the time listed in General Details, either with what they want to do, or to tell The Host that they will not use their action that night.
    • If a player dies before their turn, then their action doesn't happen. Alpha kill always happens as long as there is a Walker left.
    • For the special actions, the Kill Post will not mention which character performed the action; instead, only the target and action type will be mentioned.
    • The Special Character roles will happen in order of being received but after the lynch.
    • Special choices can be changed once only up to the voting deadline. If possible, reply to your previous PM to change it (it will be in your "Sent" box if you have the auto-save sent option enabled); otherwise, note in your message that you are changing your target.

10 - Inactivity:

• Every player is permitted 5 nights inactivity, of which a maximum of 3 nights in a row is allowed. Be inactive for three days in a row, you'll be removed that night for inactivity.
    • Anyone who does not send in both their vote and their special choice (if they have one) by the time listed in General Details will be listed as "did not attend the meeting”. This will count as one of their possible 5 night’s inactivity.
    • If you wish to not use your Special but still want to vote for the Public Lynch, you must Personal Message The Host to inform them of your decision.
    • Not participating in the challenges or too many “No Lynch’s” in a row will result in repercussions of The Host’s choosing.

11 - Influencing:

• While we understand that being killed can make the rest of the game boring when a player isn't playing, do not ruin the game for others by influencing votes or decisions. This counts for everyone. We have no problem with you posting in a passive manner, but influencing will not be tolerated. You shall be removed from any game related chats that you are in.

12 - Skype Chat(s):

• A Skype chat is set up each round by those running the round, giving the users a chance to talk and converse with one another easily while allowing off topic talk. However, excessive spam will lead to users being muted; the player will be set as a listener, meaning that they can only read back on what people have posted. Only once those running the game feel they have served their time will they be un-muted. So please, think before you post.
    • If you are dead, you may not influence people’s votes at all. If you choose to do this, you will be removed from any chats you are in. If a player has died, it does not give them a right to ruin the fun for anyone else playing.
    • There will be a dead room for any players that are killed.
    • You are not allowed to post screen shots of your Skype chats, history, or quote ANYTHING said by The Hosts in PM.
    • If you aren't already in the Skype chat then you can join - just ask The Hosts.

13 - General Rules:

• Stay active. If you don't think you will be around later on during the day, make sure you get your vote in early. If you don't think you'll be able to stay active for 4 or 5 days from when the round starts, don't sign up.
    • No posting of any type of private messages (this includes PMs, chat logs, stuff said in private forums, etc.) that pertain to this match. It's fine to have private conversations, but they stay private. Since posting private messages without the other party's consent is against the forum rules, no exceptions will be made for this game.
    • No forwarding of my game-related messages (or screen shots, or any other circumvention) to other players. If The Hosts find out that a player has done this, they will be removed from the game; no warnings are given.
    • If you're dead, don't spoil the game by hanging around. You can watch, and perhaps post briefly after you have died, but don't try to keep participating.

Characters

Villagers

Rick Grimes – Vote Changer
    Rick Grimes is a small town sheriff. He awakes from a coma to find the world has been overcome by 'Walkers' dead people whom have come back to life. He ventures out to find his family and becomes the new leader of the group at the prison. Vote Changer can swap two votes each night.

Hershel Greene - Medic
    Hershel is the religious, widowed father of Maggie and Beth. He was a veterinarian before the apocalypse, and owned a farm that had been passed down in his family for decades. He is now the local Doctor for the group at the prison. Medic has the ability to protect one person a night. Medic cannot protect from Lynch.

Wolves

The Governor - Vote Changer
    The Governor is the ruthless and sadistic dictator of Woodsbury, a walled-off town that now acts as a safe-zone. The people of Woodsbury, are lost without him. He is the sworn enemy of Rick Grimes. Vote Changer can swap two votes each night.

Milton Mamet - Medic
    Milton Mamet is the brain behind the Governor. Milton thinks about why the zombie apocalypse occurred and how the Walkers operate. Milton is the weakest person at Woodsbury, even afraid of holding a gun and is more of a scientist. Medic has the ability to protect one person a night. Medic cannot protect from Lynch.

Walkers

Walker – Alpha
    Lurking amongst these groups is a walker. Seemingly one of them but he will strike every two days. Creating a new walker to accompany him into the darkness.

All Teams

Special Role
    The challenge winners get to either Seer, Kill someone or both for the night after they win the challenge.
    Last edited by 93ross; 04 May 2013 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Dead View Post
    Lurking amongst these groups is a walker. Seemingly one of them but he will strike every two days. Creating a new walker to accompany him into the darkness.
    I really like this. Hope it works well.

Host Account for
    Forum RPG "WvV"

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member El Host Accountio's Avatar

So do I lol.

this is going to be sweet!

Host Account for
    Forum RPG "WvV"

Peeps I'm sorry but we need 1 more person. Get your nagging caps on and find someone xxx

Host Account for
    Forum RPG "WvV"

List of People Playing.

1. Cait
    2. Caz
    3. Cilestiel
    4. Destine
    5. Dravid
    6. Elmoga
    7. Gazzman
    8. Hrbdefender
    9. Inky
    10. Jackdee
    11. Jakeyyy
    12. Jawwwwsh
    13. Lord Aslan
    14. Luckies
    15. Meme
    16. Mitmate
    17. MOD Grizz
    18. MOD itsnotquiteover
    19. MOD Ross
    20. MOD Zimrich
    21. Moles
    22. Penfold
    23. PinkFairyKing
    24. Ryder
    25. Septimus ii
    26. Speug
    27. Sport Monkey
    28. The Analyst
    29. TheDamned
    30. Turtlepanda
    31. Wgn
    32. Brenda
    33. Wros
    Last edited by El Host Accountio; 29 Apr 2013 at 10:30 PM.

I've only just noticed that the roles are all over the shop in this one. 2 Medic's (1 evil), 2 votes changers and no other protectors. Could anyone who's watched this show explain this round to me?? Like for example, why humans in a walled off "safe zone" are helping the mindless zombies?
    Previously - Jazzy Jeff | Lord Pan | Lorde | Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Elk33dp View Post
    Maybe if it was anyone else, but Josh is too talented to leave any hint at the real target. It's basically wack-a-mole.

Cloud Strife

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member septimus ii's Avatar

They're not helping the zombies, as such. There's two teams of 'villagers', and one team of 'wolves', starting off with just an alpha.

Prom Prince 2010 Honoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul Member Brenda's Avatar

I demand a restart. Not happy with this in the slightest.
    Quote Originally Posted by smoggy View Post
    PS H.O.W does Paddy look so H.o.T in his medal? =O. Although I do miss his beard, it reminded me of a BPonies mane :p
    The Beautiful
    - Paddy
    [23:43:07] Corin ~ Rooster: on some documanetaty

Prom Prince 2010 Honoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul Member Brenda's Avatar

Just spent 22€ JUST so I could get wifi for 3 days at this bloody caravan park cus I remembered WvV. I get online to see I've not been added even after signing up. Slow as a snail but can just load my browser. Skype is a no go until I am home Thursday but I can now vote. (Had already given Ellir my votes for the nights I wasn't sure if I could make it due to not knowing the wifi situation and she told me it would be fine. Every round we get people sending in their votes early because they're gunna be away. Considering just yesterday you were shouting around for one more person but had dropped me this is a ridiculous call. Poor organisation.
    Last edited by 93ross; 12 May 2013 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Language
    PS H.O.W does Paddy look so H.o.T in his medal? =O. Although I do miss his beard, it reminded me of a BPonies mane :p
    The Beautiful
    - Paddy

Ahh... I wouldn't mind a restart, might get a better role

What's the last question you would want me to ask in this sig?
    Here it is:
    What's the purpose of life?

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
    I demand a restart. Not happy with this in the slightest.
    I love you.

*gets out his plackards and marker pen*
    Last edited by MOD Grizz; 29 Apr 2013 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anon
    I'm lying in an awkward position, keep hitting my touchpad funny

Host Account for
    Forum RPG "WvV"

Kill Post - Day 1

As the sun sets over the scarred landscape of deserted areas where once thousands dwelt, those still breathing gathered together in an uneasy truce not knowing who was friend or foe or Walker.

The Governor and Rick Grimes took the lead and each counted all of the votes to ensure fairness. The first lynch was new to all, a necessary evil which had to be completed. If not, then people would continue to die until there were none left. Rick held out the paper with the lynch name on, both he and the Governor leaned in to read it.

Silence, neither The Governor nor Rick wanted to speak first. This was it, one of them was to be killed and it wouldn’t be pretty.
    “Just do it” shouted Gazz waving his arms and knocking Turtlepanda’s tin of beans to the floor.
    “No wait, it’s essentially 50/50 you'll get someone on your own team...”said Luckies, getting all technical. Then arguments ensued, everyone was shouting over the top of each other but it was too late, the vote was in, there was no changing it.

Meanwhile, the Walker crept amongst the crowd, blending in with the shouts and bustling perfectly. No one would ever spot it, silently it shuffled up to its target, they didn’t even notice amongst the pushing and shoving. The Walker grabbed hold and bit down hard! No one heard the scream over the noise of the argument; no one would spot the Walker or its victim.

“Enough!” shouted The Governor “The results are…”

Lynch Votes

Cait – No lynch
    Caz – Did not attend
    Cilestiel – No lynch
    Destine – Did not attend
    Dravid – No lynch
    Elmoga – Jakeyyy
    Gazzman – Jakeyyy
    Hrbdefender – Did not attend
    Inky - Jakeyyy
    Jackdee – No lynch
    Jakeyyy - Jakeyyy
    Jawwwwsh – Gazzman
    Lord Aslan - Jakeyyy
    Luckies – No lynch
    Meme – Gazzman
    Moles – Jakeyyy
    MOD Grizz – No lynch
    MOD itsnotquiteover – No lynch
    Mitmate – PinkFairyKing
    MOD Ross – Did not attend
    MOD Zimrich – No lynch
    Penfold – No lynch
    PinkFairyKing - Mitmate
    Ryder – Did not attend
    Septimus ii - Jakeyyy
    Speug – No lynch
    Sport Monkey – Moles
    The Analyst – No lynch
    TheDamned – No lynch
    Turtlepanda – No lynch
    Wgn - Septimus

Summary
    Lynched – No lynch

Challenge 1.

In 10 words or less try to sell why it is best to NOT be a zombie.

The winning entry will be given the chance to Seer, Kill or both on night 4. Please ensure all entries are received by 10pm on day 2 (Tuesday).

The next challenge will be given on day 3 (Wednesday).

Good Luck.

Our Answers

Relsoh.

No table manners.

Ellie.

Because they smell rotten and don't eat nice things.
    Last edited by 93ross; 08 May 2013 at 03:20 PM.

Cloud Strife

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member septimus ii's Avatar

Kill Jakey

Well, as I am now in, I am immediately going to ask for trust. All zombie and special roles were out before my arrival so I'm a villager in either the woodbury or prison side. But due to the fact I am allowed to hint at my role, I am asking the medic who likes a jail cell to please put trust in.me and save me atleast until I am back in England and on my laptop. You do not at any point need to announce yourself to me but it will stop me becomig a zombie in the mean time and itd be good to get the ball rolling. I'll be back Thursday evening properly and only able to forum in the evenings until then. So please jailbird medic, gimme a save for a bit =*

(Someone copy this to Skype incase medic isn't a heavy Skype user plz bbycakes <3 )
    The Beautiful
    - Paddy

^^Ignore this fool. He a villager. Medic please protect me, I'm actually a special

Maybe if it was anyone else, but Josh is too talented to leave any hint at the real target. It's basically wack-a-mole.

Gotta' be sneaky... Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Jakeyyy's Avatar

But he's claiming to be a "good" villager, while you're claiming to be a special, perhaps wulf special!

Therefore the "good" medic would rather save one of their own than you
    When you play the game of travian, you either win or you die.

You only don't know which one I am cause you can't read between the lines. I've said which one I was in the skype room a few times now. Good medic would do well to keep me around
    Last edited by jawwwwsh; 29 Apr 2013 at 11:55 PM.

Gotta' be sneaky... Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Jakeyyy's Avatar

I'll give you read between the lines. *holds up three fingers*
    When you play the game of travian, you either win or you die.

Quote Originally Posted by jawwwwsh View Post
    ^^Ignore this fool. He a villager. Medic please protect me, I'm actually a special
    I love you Josh, you don't mess about at all.

I actually don't have a clue what's going on and didn't vote as I've been out most the day then went to the Villa Sunderland game (oh my god so beautiful). I have a long, boring day in an office ahead of me tomorrow though, so I'll make sure I designate some of my 'working' time towards looking into what this round actually is. From what I've seen so far though it looks really interesting, so fair play to the gods for mixing it up nicely.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast