Thread: Restricted Marketplace Week1

Mr Fantastic

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MLGJ's Avatar

Default Restricted Marketplace Week1

Having seen the same thing time after time on new servers, the most recent being on the .com 3.6 server and I know the same happens on T4, isn't about time something is done to stop people creating multiple accounts and using them to push a single account to enable them to get started up quicker. Rather than relying on the MH to wait for reports of obvious multi-accounting why not restrict what the MP can do during the first week of server. I.e allow NPC and 1:1 trades only.

Yes I accept this limits embassy pushes but who's really creating credible alliances in the first few days of a server.
    This post was brought to you by "Mr Fantastic"

Yayyyyy made it on to setbacks ignore list, can give it but not take it
    Let me guess, some kind of funny joke?
    This message is hidden because MLGJ is on your ignore list.

Where is my apology from MLGJ, for his insult on the forums? - URSULA THE MINOR
    In your dreams Sunshine xx

From memory, ill dig out the details later, the 4.2 pushing rules were tightened even further to clamp down on this (and punishments can be applied that wipe out any benefit gained - especially if caught early). If you know it's happening, then please do report specific instances.

The 4.2 pushing rules - as far as I'm aware - aren't coded into 3.6. You might want to check with .com which set of pushing rules apply if its not clear.

Npc and 1:1 would be quite harmful to anyone who legally trades for profit (eg as a roman I made 1k on day 3 of 3.6 .com from wheat:iron trades at 4:5).

Cloud Strife

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member septimus ii's Avatar

As Sam said, the pushing rules have been tightened considerably over the last few years, greatly restricting the amount which can be sent. It's already starting to affect legitimate trading and raiding, so I'd be against any further restrictions.

Mr Fantastic

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member MLGJ's Avatar

Just me stuck in the past as usual
    This post was brought to you by "Mr Fantastic"

Yayyyyy made it on to setbacks ignore list, can give it but not take it
    Let me guess, some kind of funny joke?
    This message is hidden because MLGJ is on your ignore list.

Where is my apology from MLGJ, for his insult on the forums? - URSULA THE MINOR
    In your dreams Sunshine xx

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member C.G.'s Avatar

I always wondered who was stupid enough to pay some if the ratios at the start of a server guess I know now.
    C.G. and the Ocarina of Spam(Featuring The Master Shedbuilder Sheddy "Shed" McShed).

Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    moderators please do something about this person

Well...someone who has since joined MIA2 on 3.6 com offered me a trade for 1:1 and I replied saying I only traded for profit. They didn't believe it could be profitable lol

(and possibly Matt :x)

Anyways, I promised details

The pushing rules that are most relevant and applied to 3.6 onwards (until replaced in 4.2) are:

Unconnected accounts:
    can send 2 hours production to bigger player (7 days in advance)
    can send 3 hours production to smaller player (7days in advance)

For same ip or recent sitter connection
    1. can send 1 hours production to bigger player (3 days in advance) but 0 at <50 Population.
    2. can send 2 hours production to smaller player (3 days in advance) but 0 at <50 Population.
    ^^ so serious constraint here for the first day or two in practice (emphasis mine)

For same PC/current sitter/absent owner
    1. cannot send anything to bigger player, bigger player needs to send first
    2. can send 2 hours production to smaller player (1 days in advance) but 0 at <50 population.
    ^^ again, really strict constraints if there is a close connection

These same limits apply to raiding within the same alliance/confed.

For 4.2, the pushing limits were tightened even further.

For example, the limits for even apparently unconnected accounts are
    §1: about transfers to bigger account

If player has less than 40 inhabitants, then he may not deliver resources to a bigger account.
    If player has more than 40 inhabitants but only one village and the recipient is not in his alliance, then he may deliver 1 hours production in 7 days to a bigger account.
    If player has more than 40 inhabitants and a second village or the recipient is an alliance colleague, then he may deliver 14 hours production in 7 days to a bigger account.

§2: about transfers to smaller account
    If player has less than 40 inhabitants, then he may not deliver resources to a smaller account.
    If player has more than 40 inhabitants but only one village and the recipient is not in his alliance, then he may deliver 1 hours production in 7 days to a smaller account.
    If player has more than 40 inhabitants and a second village or the recipient is an alliance colleague, then he may deliver 21 hours production in 7 days to a smaller account.

Full details can be found at http://archive.forum.travian.co.uk/s...uer-protection

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member C.G.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78 View Post
    Well...someone who has since joined MIA2 on 3.6 com offered me a trade for 1:1 and I replied saying I only traded for profit. They didn't believe it could be profitable lol
    Well they're a joke alliance, they let me in and I'm spying on them...
    C.G. and the Ocarina of Spam(Featuring The Master Shedbuilder Sheddy "Shed" McShed).

Cloud Strife

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member septimus ii's Avatar

I traded at 1:2 I think it was for the first week or so of uk3, and people were accepting the trades. Anything to get rid of their iron and wheat.

were they non gold teuts or was it spread across the tribes?

hmm from a not v. scientific 3.6 com sample; no romans and 2:1 teuts:gauls. (Tho the server is a third or so of each tribe...and I tend to set a travel time limit of 2 or 3 hrs...which would rule all but the closet romans out cos of merc speeds).

Cloud Strife

I didn't check mine, but EIs use wood then clay, TTs use clay then wood, and simmers tend to have excess iron and wheat to be farmed, so suspect that it's not just clubs that are driving the imbalance.

I would suggest no trading between accounts to totally stop the Multi's. A 'game' marketplace with exchange rates dependent on supply and demand in the game. Embassy costs reduced? Resources for World Wonders not affected. Basically if you want more resources raid/fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Smith View Post
    Embassy costs reduced? Basically if you want more resources raid/fight?
    Not sure how you've connected these two, embassies are good for pop races and cps, little else especially not fighting

Quote Originally Posted by C.G. View Post
    Not sure how you've connected these two, embassies are good for pop races and cps, little else especially not fighting
    The 2 aren't connected just thinking as I was writing.I meant if you couldn't trade between players then you couldn't send ressies to the Alliance Embassy holder so reduced costs to build this would help. Players would also benefit from a cheaper embassy and the faster CPs. The raid/fight message was to show how to get the extra ressies you may need rather than having 5 accounts feeding your start up mini hammer.