Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joining an alliance - think before you type!

I proudly admit that I am a noob. This is my first time playing Travian and I have only been on here for a few days and I have been shopping around for friends and an alliance. I found this thread to be one of the most helpful at avoiding faux pas and one of the most welcoming posts. Remember, each of us is a noob until we gain years of experience.

Thank you Grumpydwarf! Do any other experienced players have helpful suggestions or tips on starting out or finding the right alliance?

Allegorya

It depends what you want. If you want to be a lemming who hides behind a seething mass of players for protection. Join an alliance with several confederation pacts, if you would rather not be bored out of your mind, one confederation pact or none is what you look for
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    You just jump around like a tart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elros View Post
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

Quote Originally Posted by Allegorya View Post
    I proudly admit that I am a noob. This is my first time playing Travian and I have only been on here for a few days and I have been shopping around for friends and an alliance. I found this thread to be one of the most helpful at avoiding faux pas and one of the most welcoming posts. Remember, each of us is a noob until we gain years of experience.

Thank you Grumpydwarf! Do any other experienced players have helpful suggestions or tips on starting out or finding the right alliance?

Allegorya
    With little experience etc you are unlikely to get in a good alliance first time. Worth a try though nice message explaining you are willing to learn and hope for the best
    Sorry for the above message and how long and horrendously written it probably is.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDee View Post
    With little experience etc you are unlikely to get in a good alliance first time. Worth a try though nice message explaining you are willing to learn and hope for the best
    Depends on the alliance, some recognise that they have a duty to help less experienced players. If they end up in an ally that doesn't know how to play and offers poor advice then they end up as poor players. You see it all the time unfortunately.
    MJ may be many things: a 15 year old who's raided his dads dress up box, a huge ego-loudmouth and a goat botherer to name but a few, but he generally writes a fair and unbiased analysis (except when I bribe him to say good things about me)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinJames View Post
    Depends on the alliance, some recognise that they have a duty to help less experienced players.
    Alliances who don't do that are just selfish and it is good to teach noob players sometimes they end up being much better than some of the experienced players

When I am leader of alliances I always look if the person is willing to learn and if they listen to what people tell them

Sme of our best players joined us as noobs. You never know who your goi to fins, everyone has to learn somewhere. And I agree that alliances have a duty to teach, otherwise we end up with lots of noob alliances like falcons runnig around

Quote Originally Posted by MartinJames View Post
    ooh a little bit touchy aren't you, pahahaha. I never said it was fact, i just said it looks like that from someone who doesn't know DMA. So before you start whining about people not having their facts right, you might want to check they're actually stating something as fact

When i see an alliance and its wing with 45 total members before BP is over, I instantly think - you're probably a bit rubbish.
    He speaks the truth. Anyway glad i didn't go NE so much competition dont know if i would survive.......

Quote Originally Posted by Allegorya View Post
    This is my first time playing Travian
    Just the fact that you have already found the forum, created an account, and looked for advice, would be enough for me to invite you on day two. I can do a lot with a player like yourself. Contact me in-game under this name.

Before any of you say, as an in-experienced newbie he won't be of any use... a willingness and eagerness to learn is all I had when I first started playing. And yes, I had a decent sized WW hammer my first full server playing. I'm willing to bet with a little guidance he will turn out in the top 100 by server end.

What's the last question you would want me to ask in this sig?
    Here it is:
    What's the purpose of life?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Aslan View Post
    Before any of you say, as an in-experienced newbie he won't be of any use... a willingness and eagerness to learn is all I had when I first started playing. And yes, I had a decent sized WW hammer my first full server playing. I'm willing to bet with a little guidance he will turn out in the top 100 by server end.
    Willingness and eagerness to learn is the most important thing as a Travian player. Last server it was the new players that really shone through and changed the game, whilst the experienced older players maintained a foundation, at least in my alliance.

Go newbs! Held a WW and came second, whilst running a top alliance on my first server Anything is possible.

We need the new players to join good alliance and like the game. Recent servers have been low on numbers especially towards the end. I fear this is due to new players joining poor alliances, and due to that not liking the game and therefore leaving.

intelligencer Honoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul Member james22's Avatar

I think the best I've had was along the lines of
    "XXXX
    no subject

Can i join u to complete quest, dw Ill quit right after"

Pure quality...
    Nobility is not a birthright, it is defined by one's actions.

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few"

Thanks Martin you just reminded me why I rarely look at the forum ......why I nearly quit Travian ......why I always play with an Alliance with very few egos....no arrogance and always Fun ...thats DMA ....PS your picture tells a story without any words ......think you probably need not apply

Hehe in all honesty you should go play a non-competitive game, like bingo! Difficult to have an ego when playing bingo, and you may get lucky and win! And is almost always fun! Seriously, I strongly recommend bingo, leave Travian for people with a bit more back-bone

What's the last question you would want me to ask in this sig?
    Here it is:
    What's the purpose of life?

Hehe in all honesty you should go play a non-competitive game, like bingo! Difficult to have an ego when playing bingo, and you may get lucky and win! And is almost always fun! Seriously, I strongly recommend bingo, leave Travian for people with a bit more back-bone
    Until the going gets tough anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Scrumpy View Post
    Thanks Martin you just reminded me why I rarely look at the forum ......why I nearly quit Travian ......why I always play with an Alliance with very few egos....no arrogance and always Fun ...thats DMA ....
    What did I do? that was so shocking, say an alliance with 45 total members looks like its making a poor stat, aww bless - did that hurt your feelings.

PS your picture tells a story without any words ......think you probably need not apply
    You trying to insult my looks? Im effing beautiful, it doesn't matter to me what you think there.

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member boxerboy89's Avatar

I think your beautiful
    UK4 - Mr.Joe | UK1 - Stormfront

I've tried to join in on bingonight at some old peoples place... Not a succes. Those vile people tried to throw their false teeth and me, not to mention the tea and pie, after I scored a bingo. But since I won I had to accept my walk of shame to collect my prize. Despite the awful competition I am now the proud owner of a trophy saying "Ye olde pube bingo night 2013 champion"
    Last edited by Narrayan; 27 Jun 2013 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narrayan View Post
    I've tried to join in on bingonight at some old peoples place... Not a succes. Those vile people tried to throw their fale teeth and me, not to mention the tea and pie, after I scored a bingo. But since I won I had to accept my walk of shame to collect my prize. Despite the awful competition I am now the proud owner of a trophy saying "Ye olde pube bingo night 2013 champion"
    Oh Narra u do make me laugh and always lighten the mood .

Guys get a grib look at urselfs its not even a week in and all this has kicked off on the forum how about trying to brag how good you think you are how about actually going to prove it on the game BP is over now get raiding, attacking etc it is to early on to say who is no good etc jeez

Just the fact that you have already found the forum, created an account, and looked for advice, would be enough for me to invite you on day two. I can do a lot with a player like yourself. Contact me in-game under this name.

and then you say something like this and remind us that you are just a big pussy-cat under that mane after all , Totally agree with you on this. If a newbie has time to message me for help/advise, I'll help if at all possible, in the same alliance or not.

AWWWW thanks Lord Aslan and Offspring for the kind words.

On a seperate note I find it comical that you all assumed I was a man. Warrior ladies, represent!

I've proved my merit in my other factions of life. I am giving Travian what I've got while figuring out the existential ramifications of this new world.
    We'll see if I end up chinwagging with you blokes AND ladies 5 years from now. For me, it depends on the quality of the community as to whether that will happen.

Here's to a band of brigands! Cheers!
    Shine on evening skyfire
    Paint the sky with the blood of a raven
    Bereavement, oh garment of ebony
    As embers dress the dusk of man...

Agalloch- As Embers Dress the Sky

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast