Thread: Counting Inactive players by date from map.sql

Default Counting Inactive players by date from map.sql

I download the map.sql daily, convert it to T-SQL and load it into a sql server 2008 database. - I append a new column for date when I load it in.

Assuming I never miss a day, so the dates are consecutive. Does anyone know the sql to get a players name and the number of days the population has not changed i.e an inactive player and how long long they have been inactive?

I posted the question on stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...secutive-dates

I wonder how gettertools calculates it's inactive player list too....

If your good at sql and can help.. this would be much appreciated

I've moved this thread to Community General in hope that someone will be able to help answer this.

There are only a couple of people on this domain I can think of who have made tools - if you don't have any luck, then try the german or russian forums.

I can't do sql, tho I understand the file (but I assume you've got that :p). The biggest design issue for you, I think, is whether you calculate that on the fly - which'll take longer - or whether you had a table of players and calculate their pop on a daily basis as well. Cos the basic sql village is just villages, so you'd have to add the villages up etc. (which is why some of the least sophisticated tools - including travian.ws only show you at village level; other tools track activity at account level)

I'm no sql/php whiz, but here's my 2 cents.

To do this you would need to be sure that you're collecting the data every day, you could set this to do it automatically using a server and some PHP I imagine. To calculate account/village pop increase you would need to keep logs of all the map.sql files instead of just using the one. Then use some PHP/SQL to compare everyday which villages/players have increased or decreased in pop (Or rather if you're looking for inactives, haven't moved at all.).

A quick google search found me this; instead of using php he's using python (So I assume he isn't using it on a server but rather as a desktop application(?). I don't know a lot about Python so I cant say for certain.):

http://johnnycode.com/2010/06/09/pyt...tiple-servers/

I didnt read thoroughly but the jist of it is that he's doing exactly what you want to do.

I'm also trying to do this, have you had any luck? If not, it's something for me to spend hours working out