Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TravianTools Project

I did a crop heat map a few years ago too in excel :angel: (Show me yours? :p)

As far as I know, there has never been any development to map.sql ; it's simply the way it always has been (and I assume has never been a priority to change). (And gold is charged for access to the crop-finder, so I can see why that might not be disclosed information.)

I've never been entirely sure whether its fully appreciated the extent of data geeks that play the game...

Some of these things are super useful - potentially - but some undoubtedly carry a risk of being used to advantage cheats/bots by making information that can be used to control raiding/simming even more easily than is currently the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78 View Post
    I did a crop heat map a few years ago too in excel :angel: (Show me yours? :p)

As far as I know, there has never been any development to map.sql ; it's simply the way it always has been (and I assume has never been a priority to change). (And gold is charged for access to the crop-finder, so I can see why that might not be disclosed information.)

I've never been entirely sure whether its fully appreciated the extent of data geeks that play the game...

Some of these things are super useful - potentially - but some undoubtedly carry a risk of being used to advantage cheats/bots by making information that can be used to control raiding/simming even more easily than is currently the case.
    Yes I get that... My view is however, that Trav should be up to the task of spotting botting. If they aren't then they need to employ someone who has previously been on the other side of the fence.

I am a massive data geek - some may have noticed. I will analyse this thing more than eat or sleep - the love of Excel and information and strategy in combo is fatal to me!

In terms of a crop heat map - mine is a 2 series bubble map in Excel. The two series are 15c and 9c. the size of the bubble shows the oases bonuses near that cropper. It isn't foolproof as there can be overlap of the oases which seem to give 3 15cs in one place - whereas in fact there is only 1 and 2 other fairly useless 15cs.

I'm happy to show you mine if you like - data for the current uk3 in one small area that I was interested in but easily upscaled for the whole server. Come to think of it, it would be really nice to merge it with map.sql to see which accounts are likely to be really dangerous - could easily identify hidden hammers...

How do you want me to reveal the goods??

PS cropfinder data file available to those who pay for the cropfinder? Simples?
    Last edited by Bob Hawken; 05 Sep 2013 at 11:13 PM.

Some bots are easier to spot than others though - it is good to keep the developers on their toes tho too There is a wide variety out there.

oh, had better be skype lol; pm me :p I'm not interested in the real data lol...I'm interested in the design (I did it when trying to work out good places for groups of players to settle in the alliance together, and to sulk when one quad had way more/better 150% 15cs that others)

You will also want to look at the dynamic google graph in the s7 ww levels thread I think

Cloud Strife

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member septimus ii's Avatar

I've done that just by making the spreadsheet into squares and colour-coding some of the cells to signify croppers and their wheat bonuses Not very elegant but it did the job. I did think of making a more interactive mapping tool, where you could take the map.sql and edit the map yourself, such as adding in croppers and oases, and adding in where your alliance members are going to settle. But the practicalities got the better of me

Happy to show you the heat bubble map if you like. I liked it as the larger bubbles were for the bigger % croppers - I thought that made them stand out more than the cells solution - which I have done before as well. At the start of the server would be very useful to find the prime locations easily.

Another wish is to have the ability to search for 4536 (I am gaul) with at least 2 50% clay/wheat oases, or in fact any match up of a valley with a skew of res and the relevant 50% oases within the one of control of that square... Come to that 4437 with 100% wheat can be quite useful but currently no way to find them easily.

The practicalities of making an interactive one are not that hard. The ball breaker is getting the data in the first place and the inevitable de-duping to clean it up.

Cloud Strife

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member septimus ii's Avatar

Yeah, that was the issue Also security - I don't want any old person to see where my alliance members plan to settle. Straightforward to someone who's made a password protected website before, but I haven't

Trade Route Planner is finished.
    Two features -
    1) Standard mode - normal options, able to put in multiple times seperated by commas.
    2) Feeder moder - input pop, village type, factories, oasis, and also celebration info; town hall level, big party option. works out res per hour being used and remaining res to send to selected village.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12