Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: All-time Statistics

Well-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known MemberWell-Known Member Moog's Avatar

Does go to point up how dodgy the CF numbers are though. When an alliance has half again what any other alliance has achieved playing the same version, it does look rather fishy. I don't think anyone doesn't rate ASBO, and even HATE critics would have to admit there is talent within the alliance. Their figures are not dissimilar, but CF had to go killing their own clubs, scouts and Natars (and animals). Just takes the gloss of the numbers.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

I think the bigger factor is that the CF server lasted significantly longer. Other factors can make a huge difference including the quality of the player competition.

Neither version of HATE are immune from natar hits (given documented artie and WW/plan holding); 3.6 HATE included a lot of nature hits, and a burst of killing their own troops in the end game. Based on a sample of FALCON's attacks, and assuming that the same players use similar approaches on other servers when they've been in HATE, there is certainly natar and animal killing that goes on.

Moog - you can estimate this for yourself; look through a sample of attack logs and work out what %age of off points in the sample come from which natars/animals/other players - it moves away from the usual he said/she said blustering. (Killing own troops - in any alliance doing it - is usually reserved for early server to get medals in the first month or so or end of the server to use up troops get higher end positions; but there will be some alliance who are raid hungry and will clear their own players as soon as they go yellow in order to raid)

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78 View Post
    I think the bigger factor is that the CF server lasted significantly longer. Other factors can make a huge difference including the quality of the player competition.

Neither version of HATE are immune from natar hits (given documented artie and WW/plan holding); 3.6 HATE included a lot of nature hits, and a burst of killing their own troops in the end game. Based on a sample of FALCON's attacks, and assuming that the same players use similar approaches on other servers when they've been in HATE, there is certainly natar and animal killing that goes on.

Moog - you can estimate this for yourself; look through a sample of attack logs and work out what %age of off points in the sample come from which natars/animals/other players - it moves away from the usual he said/she said blustering. (Killing own troops - in any alliance doing it - is usually reserved for early server to get medals in the first month or so or end of the server to use up troops get higher end positions; but there will be some alliance who are raid hungry and will clear their own players as soon as they go yellow in order to raid)
    Yeah, agreed. We are about 53k per day, Hate's best was 49k per day. Not too dissimilar, particularly when you factor in that we hit more Natar WWs (7 more) and we deliberately tried to cause panic when plans were released... I forget how many we took, but it was a lot.

-------------------

Moved here

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Does go to point up how dodgy the CF numbers are though. When an alliance has half again what any other alliance has achieved playing the same version, it does look rather fishy. I don't think anyone doesn't rate ASBO, and even HATE critics would have to admit there is talent within the alliance. Their figures are not dissimilar, but CF had to go killing their own clubs, scouts and Natars (and animals). Just takes the gloss of the numbers.
    - We didn't killed our own troops

- We have always openly stated we have hit Natar WWs as a tactic and target for our server ambition and as show of dominance. We do not believe this undermines our statistics, but instead adds to it. We caused the server to last 400 days, despite the fact we threw hammers at 9 Natar WWs. From what I've seen Hate have always had a tactic of prolonging servers, but have never caused admin to shut down a server. We actively and evidently tried to avoid prolonging the server through our use of hammers on Natars and still caused this.

- We also admit to clearing oasis for points and resources, as we easily and consequently got a net gain from our members in troop numbers. I was on UK3, last round and saw how Eragon did the same from the sticks. It was a tactic observed from Hate and implemented more widely by CF. It put our alliance in a better position troop wise and was thus a no-brainer to actively encourage it.

- Aside from those tactics, we also went after the unique artes, holding all 7 until a couple of days before the end of the server, when we lost one due to a tactical over-sight, exploited by JWAA. We owned our quad, chiefing 500+ villages from players we dominated. We zero'd every WW at least once, and chiefed 2 enemy WWs. We took on the biggest alliances, leaving the smaller ones from outside our quad alone.
    Last edited by Bloated Fish; 24 Sep 2013 at 12:40 AM.
    A proud member of the CF leadership - Boots.

"I don't have my head up my own arse, I actually am amazing" - Darkwing Duck.

Some great work there on those statistics, not an easy thing to do getting all that info together and sorting it. Well done and thanks

Cloud Strife

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member septimus ii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha78 View Post
    I haven't checked, but probably 100% - the attack boards are completely dominated by micro-raids, with the odd natar kill as part of it

don't confuse volume of raids with value of attack points :p

Cloud Strife

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member septimus ii's Avatar

I know, but a typical sample taken from the alliance attack boards won't have any reports with 'real' attacks on it. You'd need to take thousands of raids, I guess. 87.5 thousand attacks on uk3 yesterday, hundreds at most I reckon with major attacking troops hitting major defending troops.

Quote Originally Posted by septimus ii View Post
    I know, but a typical sample taken from the alliance attack boards won't have any reports with 'real' attacks on it. You'd need to take thousands of raids, I guess. 87.5 thousand attacks on uk3 yesterday, hundreds at most I reckon with major attacking troops hitting major defending troops.
    No; you don't - you can just filter the reports to see those with losses.

Cloud Strife

I forgot about that (blush)

The tables did note that UK4 was a 400 day server

(and bickering edited out - it's not becoming on a section that isn't part of the war)

I feel like I should be somewhere on the Attackers ranking from last UK2, I don't have the exact stats, but my end game WWK netted me 243k attack points on its own and I wasn't exactly simming before I sent that thing off.
    Previously - Jazzy Jeff | Lord Pan | Lorde | Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Elk33dp View Post
    Maybe if it was anyone else, but Josh is too talented to leave any hint at the real target. It's basically wack-a-mole.

Quote Originally Posted by jawwwwsh View Post
    I feel like I should be somewhere on the Attackers ranking from last UK2, I don't have the exact stats, but my end game WWK netted me 243k attack points on its own and I wasn't exactly simming before I sent that thing off.
    48 Marquesh 845,346
    71 Zider 710,526
    76 Norbert 692,423
    94 Enigma 657,335
    105 Egon 628,428
    143 The Prodigy 543,390
    144 The General 541,737
    152 Frenzy 531,285
    197 Faceache 464,744
    216 Virus 442,171

Not sure on your ign, but that was last UK2's stats, with each players position. There is an excel master copy where you can filter and search, etc, down at the bottom of the stats.

Active MemberActive MemberActive Member

jawsh played as Lord Pan

I was Lord Pan, probably around 300,000 off points from my wee little 10 vill account so probably 11-15th on the server, but that data doesn't appear to have been saved.

Maybe if it was anyone else, but Josh is too talented to leave any hint at the real target. It's basically wack-a-mole.

Sorry Josh, I just grabbed what was needed for the hall of fame, didn't take any extra stats.
    When you have lost hope, you have lost everything. And when you think all is lost, when all is dire and bleak, there is always hope.

Quote Originally Posted by jawwwwsh View Post
    I was Lord Pan, probably around 300,000 off points from my wee little 10 vill account so probably 11-15th on the server, but that data doesn't appear to have been saved.
    to qualify for the all-time stats you need to finish in the top 10. sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Bloated Fish View Post
    to qualify for the all-time stats you need to finish in the top 10. sorry
    That is an unusual method of ranking? I would assume a player with higher offense points would be ranked higher than someone with a lower offense points.

I'm not going to give newer servers an unfair advantage by collecting more sample data. my ally had people miss the cut who would be in the top 50. such is life.

Updated, now including UK7, R2.

Many thanks to Hawkery!!

Epic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton MemberEpic Teuton Member commander's Avatar

Will be interesting to see what false score lord pan achieves on the current UK3 now they have resorted to building mace and borging on themselves.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast