Thread: Tennis

Default Tennis

This threads for all you tennis fans, where you talk about tournaments, what you're like at tennis, your favourite player, players retiring or starting their careers, and stuff like that basically.

I'll get it started, I'm 14 and love playing and watching it, I'm a bit between a beginner and average at it, mediocre I'd say. For my favourite player, I looked through Grand Slam winners on Wikipedia, to try and find an oldie that still plays but that ain't been winning that much as of late, because I didn't want to choose the big 4 cause I'd get tired of them always winning, so I chose Lleyton Hewitt, that was 2012, and he's been my favourite since.

Honoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton MemberHonoured Teuton Member PinkFairyKing's Avatar

You havent made a thread just about your favourite player this time then?

Murray looks like losing here...

Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    so I chose Lleyton Hewitt, that was 2012, and he's been my favourite since.
    Typo I assume, it was 2002

I always enjoyed watching Hewitt, fine player.

Looking back I used to love watching Jimmy Conners, such a fighter.

Of the current players Andy Murray for me, and not just because of his recent success

Cloud Strife

Prolific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific MemberProlific Member septimus ii's Avatar

You make this thread just after Murray loses I have to say, I like Federer, as cliched as that is

I reckon Özil is good at tennis.

intelligencer Honoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul Member james22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by septimus ii View Post
    You make this thread just after Murray loses I have to say, I like Federer, as cliched as that is
    He deserved to lose in fairness, maybe now he'll be brought out of the clouds and start reproducing his best

I'm hedging bets on Rafa for the US title, looking more solid than Djo
    Nobility is not a birthright, it is defined by one's actions.

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few"

honestly Carrothead lol

hmm my favourite was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Krajicek (he won Wimbledon the year I started uni aka the long warm summer after A-levels had finished and before I got a job lol)

I'm trying to remember who I saw play at Bercy in the 90s; it might have been Agassi beating Sampras (and he was v. emotional, because he'd had a rough patch for a few years)

intelligencer Honoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul MemberHonoured Gaul Member james22's Avatar

On my to do list is to watch some games at a grand slam, although would have loved to watch one of the old nad:fed matches live, got to hope there is going to be a new set of intense rivalries to pique the interest over the next few years...
    Nobility is not a birthright, it is defined by one's actions.

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few"

Not a big tennis fan, all I remember is wishing I could serve as hard as Roddick.

Quote Originally Posted by zimrich View Post
    Typo I assume, it was 2002

I always enjoyed watching Hewitt, fine player.

Looking back I used to love watching Jimmy Conners, such a fighter.

Of the current players Andy Murray for me, and not just because of his recent success
    No seriously, last year I found out about him on wikipedia, I was only 3 back in 2002 LOL.

So Hewitt is retiring after the Australian Open this month and Team Great Britain has won the Davis Cup!

Quote Originally Posted by Angry kid View Post
    always liked Boris Becker myself fine player of his time and does an amazing amount of charity work
    now his student novak rank 1 this world